Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Roster 2013: Who's #10?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Seattle's 10th best player
Sidney Rice
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Zach Miller
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
KJ Wright
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Brandon Browner
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Bobby Wagner
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Golden Tate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Red Bryant
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alan Branch
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bruce Irvin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Doug Baldwin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I'm not sure what the nickel getting targeted has to do with Browner.

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Oh and please, show me the game by game targets and the amount of completions each CB gave up. I'm dying to see.

I stopped keeping track of Browners once he was suspended and don't know it off hand just like I don't know Shermans numbers off hand. You are fully welcome to go back and check or perhaps find a site that shows targets against if you don't believe me, but this isn't the first time I've said it.

Prior to his suspension, do you recall a single game where Browner was consistently beat?
Takes away from the targets to the outside of the field. No reason to attack the pretty well covered outside when the slot receiver is always open.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Oh and please, show me the game by game targets and the amount of completions each CB gave up. I'm dying to see.

I stopped keeping track of Browners once he was suspended and don't know it off hand just like I don't know Shermans numbers off hand. You are fully welcome to go back and check or perhaps find a site that shows targets against if you don't believe me, but this isn't the first time I've said it.

Prior to his suspension, do you recall a single game where Browner was consistently beat?

lions game?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
How do you know he would be that good without the other offensive players ranked higher than him?

Oh god, don't even use that argument please. That is a bad argument. The whole team benefits from playing with eachother, I'll bet Lynch finds it easier to run the ball when Wilson's chucking it everywhere, while I'll bet Wilson finds it easier to throw the ball while Lynch is running over fools.

And I'm back to the "Wilson played like a top 3 QB in the latter half of the season". I'm gonna bust out some QBR to back up my argument here.

Wilson's QBR in the last 8 games of the season, not including playoffs: 76.3. And that's not even including 2 of his best games, against the Patriots and the Lions.

Need more convincing? Because more advanced stats back this up thoroughly.

SaveourSonics wrote:

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Sure, Browner was a good player prior to the suspension. But right now, I am assuming he took PED's, so I am wondering how he played after the suspension, because he should be playing without PED's throughout a normal season. Alas, it was not so great.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
How do you know he would be that good without the other offensive players ranked higher than him?

Oh god, don't even use that argument please. That is a bad argument. The whole team benefits from playing with eachother, I'll bet Lynch finds it easier to run the ball when Wilson's chucking it everywhere, while I'll bet Wilson finds it easier to throw the ball while Lynch is running over fools.

And I'm back to the "Wilson played like a top 3 QB in the latter half of the season". I'm gonna bust out some QBR to back up my argument here.

Wilson's QBR in the last 8 games of the season, not including playoffs: 76.3. And that's not even including 2 of his best games, against the Patriots and the Lions.

Lynch did just fine last year with T-Jack playing QB. Yeah this year was easier but that really isn't the point I made.

You can't discredit the players this forum ranked above him because Wilson has pretty stats the last 8 games. Lynch was consistent all year, Wilson was not. Okung and Unger were consistent all year as well.

Going FORWARD, Wilson very well could be the best we have on the offensive side of the ball. But this past year (all games), he was not the best player on the Seahawks.

He was the most exciting though.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

Lynch did just fine last year with T-Jack playing QB. Yeah this year was easier but that really isn't the point I made.

You can't discredit the players this forum ranked above him because Wilson has pretty stats the last 8 games. Lynch was consistent all year, Wilson was not. Okung and Unger were consistent all year as well.

Going FORWARD, Wilson very well could be the best we have on the offensive side of the ball. But this past year (all games), he was not the best player on the Seahawks.

Oh, I thought this list was going forward, not best player on the season.... Awkward... I guess you're right if you're saying best player on the season.

And you could also make the point that Lynch only runs well because of his run blocking. Or Lynch faced easier run defenses last year. Or Lynch ran the ball more last year. Whatever, I don't like that far out of a hypothetical.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

Oh, I thought this list was going forward, not best player on the season.... Awkward... I guess you're right if you're saying best player on the season.

And you could also make the point that Lynch only runs well because of his run blocking. Or Lynch faced easier run defenses last year. Or Lynch ran the ball more last year. Whatever, I don't like that far out of a hypothetical.
Why were you bringing up stats of last year if you weren't trying to prove he was the best last season?

You need to put down the Wilson kool-aid. Let's enjoy we have an actual QB instead of shoving it in other people's faces. You're acting like Colts fans raving about Luck. Wink

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

Why were you bringing up stats of last year if you weren't trying to prove he was the best last season?

You need to put down the Wilson kool-aid. Let's enjoy we have an actual QB instead of shoving it in other people's faces. You're acting like Colts fans raving about Luck. Wink

Well, I think he's gonna pick up where he left off. You are right, if we're only talking about this year he's not deserving for things like ROY and such. I think next year he'll be a top 5 QB though.

And I'm only a massive Seahawk homer on the Seahawk board Smile lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: