Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Roster 2013: Who's #10?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Seattle's 10th best player
Sidney Rice
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Zach Miller
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
KJ Wright
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Brandon Browner
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Bobby Wagner
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Golden Tate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Red Bryant
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alan Branch
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bruce Irvin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Doug Baldwin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

imani

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Ranking the Roster 2013: Who's #10? Reply with quote

**please read the instructions and information before you make your vote**

You guys should know the drill by now

But here are a few changes:

-I will stop accepting votes for this poll the following day of the OP date @ 11:59pm

-If you vote, PLEASE in turn post in thread 1) Who you voted for 2) Who you would like to be added to the next poll

-Thread is open to discussion about anything pertaining to the rankings. You may respectfully disagree with someone's selection, but please do not "bash" or criticize someone for making a selection. I would like each selection to be made purely off of opinion, no pressure

-If you are a fan of another team just dropping by, feel free to submit a vote or join the discussion. Outside perspective is always welcome

-I will keep this going until we 1) Complete a 30 man roster 2) or interest drops off to the point where the process loses its function, in which cases the amount will be rounded off. At the end i would like to get this stickied as the official 2013 Seahawk player rankings

1. Richard Sherman
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Earl Thomas
4. Russell Okung
5. Max Unger
6. Russell Wilson
7. Chris Clemons
8. Brandon Mebane
9. Kam Chancellor

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB for me.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Miller for me.

I like BB but Miller is a better TE IMO.
bobob123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for Miller here.

I had Chancellor edging Miller out just by a bit in the last poll... Miller is a huge part of our running game and has become a weapon that Wilson is getting more comfortable with each and every game.

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wagner is the leader of this D. He led the team in tackles and is on his way to being on of the best MLB in the league.
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I shouldn't nitpick too much, but this list is a little messed up.

First of all, Lynch is too high. He should not be over Earl Thomas, who is no doubt the best safety in the league. Earl has an argument to be over Sherman, he is THAT important in our scheme, don't let the lack of INT's fool you.

Secondly, Earl is too low. Already explained that above.

Third, Russell Wilson is insanely too low. He deserves to be at least at #4, with an argument for #1. I would probably put him at #2. His rapid rate of growth makes him one of the best players on our roster, plus did you see the level he played at at the end of the year? He was a top 3 QB, arguably the best. He is no doubt better than #6.

And lastly, Zach Miller got snubbed! He should be higher than Kam Razz
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

First of all, Lynch is too high. He should not be over Earl Thomas, who is no doubt the best safety in the league. Earl has an argument to be over Sherman, he is THAT important in our scheme, don't let the lack of INT's fool you.

Third, Russell Wilson is insanely too low. He deserves to be at least at #4, with an argument for #1. I would probably put him at #2. His rapid rate of growth makes him one of the best players on our roster, plus did you see the level he played at at the end of the year? He was a top 3 QB, arguably the best. He is no doubt better than #6.

There is no way in hell that Russell Wilson was a Top-3 QB at any point in the season.

Also Richard Sherman is closer to being the best CB in the league than Earl Thomas is to being the best S in the league.
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

There is no way in hell that Russell Wilson was a Top-3 QB at any point in the season.

Also Richard Sherman is closer to being the best CB in the league than Earl Thomas is to being the best S in the league.

Did you watch him in the latter half of the season?

I know QBR is a maligned stat, but he lead the entire league in QBR in the 2nd half of the season. Even if you go traditional with QB rating he came in with a rating of 120.3..... I am pretty sure that is the 6th best ever in league history over the last half of the year.

That's not even mentioning how he always came up when we needed him, like at the end of games. He was amazing. One guy I extremely respect on another Seahawk board who breaks down film was a Russell Wilson fan before the Hawks even drafted him. He stated many times that a dream draft for the Hawks for him would be if they drafted Bruce Irvin, Russell Wilson, and Lavonte David (Bobby Wagner was enough compensation). He even stated that Russell Wilson is probably the best player on the Seahawks roster right now, and don't be surprised when he becomes one of the best QB's in the league next season.

He is just like Richard Sherman of last year. A guy who broke his way into the starting lineup, and balled the latter half of the year. Russell will truly break out next season. He is a very good player, and you are selling him a little short.... Wink

And Earl is the best safety in the league. The AP voters gave him the most votes of any safety. Sherman is good, but I'm not so sure he's past Revis yet. He's getting closer though.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tooki wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

Just stop, there is now way you can justify wilson as a top 3 QB. Or performing "like" a top 3 QB. That's a slap in the face to the game's elite

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tooki wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

I know QBR is a maligned stat, but he lead the entire league in QBR in the 2nd half of the season. Even if you go traditional with QB rating he came in with a rating of 120.3..... I am pretty sure that is the 6th best ever in league history over the last half of the year.

That's not even mentioning how he always came up when we needed him, like at the end of games. He was amazing. One guy I extremely respect on another Seahawk board who breaks down film was a Russell Wilson fan before the Hawks even drafted him. He stated many times that a dream draft for the Hawks for him would be if they drafted Bruce Irvin, Russell Wilson, and Lavonte David (Bobby Wagner was enough compensation). He even stated that Russell Wilson is probably the best player on the Seahawks roster right now, and don't be surprised when he becomes one of the best QB's in the league next season.

He is just like Richard Sherman of last year. A guy who broke his way into the starting lineup, and balled the latter half of the year. Russell will truly break out next season. He is a very good player, and you are selling him a little short.... Wink

And Earl is the best safety in the league. The AP voters gave him the most votes of any safety. Sherman is good, but I'm not so sure he's past Revis yet. He's getting closer though.

I woke up every Monday morning to watch the games live Cool

I love Russell as much as anybody in the Hawks forum but he just isn't up there with A-Rod/Tom Brady/Drew Brees. He isn't the best player on the roster but he could definitely become a great QB.

I was one who pushed for Matt Flynn to get the reigns on Day 1 and I criticised RW all season long. I also gave him his due props when he deserved it Wink.

Sherm isn't as good as Revis but I also think that ET has some obvious shortcomings. The crop of current safeties aren't as good as the crop of current corners.
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Tooki wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

I woke up every Monday morning to watch the games live Cool

I love Russell as much as anybody in the Hawks forum but he just isn't up there with A-Rod/Tom Brady/Drew Brees. He isn't the best player on the roster but he could definitely become a great QB.

I was one who pushed for Matt Flynn to get the reigns on Day 1 and I criticised RW all season long. I also gave him his due props when he deserved it Wink.

Sherm isn't as good as Revis but I also think that ET has some obvious shortcomings. The crop of current safeties aren't as good as the crop of current corners.

Well OK, on the Sherman thing you definitely have a point Confused I'll give you that one.

I still disagree on the Wilson thing. Some sort of sig bet on it to start next season maybe? Either you or Imani, I am VERY confident I shall be correct.
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted for Miller, thought he should have been around 7 or 8 myself.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sWagner imo

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB!!!!!

His suspension didn't make you guys forget about him that much, did he? But I do see why Wagner should be here too.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
lards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went with Bobby. shouldve been rookie of the year. was a beast from day 1.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: