Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Mock Offseason Idea
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Quick Mock Offseason Idea Reply with quote

Was bored.. Tell me what you think. I tried to make it as realistic as possible. But the Daryl Smith signing is a stretch.)

Resign:
Michael Johnson (Franchise) - DE
Andre Smith - RT
Adam Jones - CB
Thomas Howard - WLB
Wallace Gilberry - DE
Kevin Huber - P
Cedric Peerman - RB
Josh Brown - K
Clark Harris - LS
Andrew Hawkins - WR

Free Agency:
Chase Daniel - QB - Young West-Coast QB to push Dalton.
Daryl Smith - SLB - Very underated player. If we dip into FA i think its at safety or linebacker. Other possibility = Phillip Wheeler
Mike Jenkins - CB - First round CB for Zim to mold.
Tanard Jackson - S - Talent is definitly there. Stay outta trouble young man.
Ray Edwards - DE - Lots of talent. Welcome to the 'Island of Misfit Toys'

Draft:
1. Johnathan Cooper - LG - UNC (At this point i expect Ogletree, Vaccaro, Warmack, Ansah, and Patterson off the board. Minter is starting to look like a reach at #21).
2a.) Giovani Bernard - RB - UNC
2b.) Khaseem Greene - WLB/MLB - Rutgers
3.) Tavarres King - WR - Georgia
4.) Bacarri Rambo - S - Georgia

QB - Andy Dalton/Chase Daniel/Zac Robinson
RB - Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis/Giovani Bernard/Cedric Peerman
FB - John Connor
FL - A.J. Green/Ryan Whalen
SE - Marvin Jones/ Tavarres King
SL - Andrew Hawkins/Mohammed Sanu
TE - Jermaine Gresham/Orson Charles
LT - Andrew Whitworth/Anthony Collins
LG - Johnthan Cooper/Clint Bolling
C - Trevor Robinson/Kyle Cook
RG - Kevin Zeitler/Travelle Wharton
RT - Andre Smith

DE - Carlos Dunlap/Wallace Gilberry/Dontay Moch
NT - Domata Peko/Brandon Thompson
UT - Geno Atkins/Devon Still
DE - Michael Johnson/Ray Edwards
SLB - Daryl Smith
ILB - Vontaze Burfict/Khaseem Greene
WLB - Thomas Howard/Emmanuel Lamur
CB - Dre Kirkpatrick/Mike Jenkins/Shaun Prater
FS - Reggie Nelson/George Iloka
SS - Tanard Jackson/Bacarri Rambo/Taylor Mays/Jeromy Miles(ST)
CB - Leon Hall/Adam Jones/Brandon Ghee

K - Josh Brown
P - Kevin Huber
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 351
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why no newman?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
futbudds


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 1645
Location: Neptune Beach Fl
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is a beast if he stays healthy, he missed the whole year so that might be a steal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 2055
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about what the team will do at backup QB. We don't really need Gradkowski to mentor Dalton anymore. Zac Robinson is in an up-or-out situation. I wouldn't want to draft a backup QB since we're not really looking to replace Dalton and a rookie won't get any practice snaps. So someone like Chase Daniel makes sense, or ideally someone with starting experience. Jason Campbell, etc.

The Bengals won't sign many players from other teams unless they were cuts. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals don't tag anyone this year and simply try to re-sign Andre and MJ on the open market. Neither is worth the franchise tag amount. This would be a good year to look for a topend free agent safety but I don't expect the team to do it. The team is more likely to re-sign Andre, let MJ walk, pay Jones 3 mil per year, bring back the specialists, and draft William Gholston in the 3rd as MJ's replacement. That's the Bengals way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
Why no newman?


Went with the youth movement. Jones and Kirkpatrick can start on the outside with Hall in the slot. That leaves Jenkins to come in in dime packages. TBH, im sick of these band-aid players we keep bringing in like Crocker, Newman, Clements etc. I want more of a long term solution and i figure this is the perfect offseason to do it. Lots of talent at the CB position at decent prices.
_________________
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3436
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
The team is more likely to re-sign Andre, let MJ walk, pay Jones 3 mil per year, bring back the specialists, and draft William Gholston in the 3rd as MJ's replacement. That's the Bengals way.


That may have been the case in the past, but don;t forget that now the salary cap floor rules mean Mikey has gots to spend his $$$$$$$......
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5674
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swicth the Geogia safety to Shawn Williams and i like the draft more. Everything else looks good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 351
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
Why no newman?


Went with the youth movement. Jones and Kirkpatrick can start on the outside with Hall in the slot. That leaves Jenkins to come in in dime packages. TBH, im sick of these band-aid players we keep bringing in like Crocker, Newman, Clements etc. I want more of a long term solution and i figure this is the perfect offseason to do it. Lots of talent at the CB position at decent prices.


at least bring him to camp. That cant hurt much. especially with his experience and knowledge of the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23468
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I like it. Nothing sexy but very realistic
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ark23


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 1559
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan. Khaseem Greene is more of a third rounder to me, but at late two he isn't a reach. I actually am not a Gio Bernard fan, he doesn't have great top end speed, actually isn't as great of a receiver when forced to catch footballs away from his frame (doesn't have a huge catch radius), and doesn't have great lower body strength/leg drive.

Cooper is a stud, like King and Rambo as well. All great value. And I agree with you that Minter is a reach at #21.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 351
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
I'm a big fan. Khaseem Greene is more of a third rounder to me, but at late two he isn't a reach. I actually am not a Gio Bernard fan, he doesn't have great top end speed, actually isn't as great of a receiver when forced to catch footballs away from his frame (doesn't have a huge catch radius), and doesn't have great lower body strength/leg drive.

Cooper is a stud, like King and Rambo as well. All great value. And I agree with you that Minter is a reach at #21.


Minter is a reach at 21 and ILB is not a need in this draft. Maybe a backup in later rounds but thats it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6064
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
ark23 wrote:
I'm a big fan. Khaseem Greene is more of a third rounder to me, but at late two he isn't a reach. I actually am not a Gio Bernard fan, he doesn't have great top end speed, actually isn't as great of a receiver when forced to catch footballs away from his frame (doesn't have a huge catch radius), and doesn't have great lower body strength/leg drive.

Cooper is a stud, like King and Rambo as well. All great value. And I agree with you that Minter is a reach at #21.


Minter is a reach at 21 and ILB is not a need in this draft. Maybe a backup in later rounds but thats it.

Your assuming they move Burfict inside
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 351
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
ark23 wrote:
I'm a big fan. Khaseem Greene is more of a third rounder to me, but at late two he isn't a reach. I actually am not a Gio Bernard fan, he doesn't have great top end speed, actually isn't as great of a receiver when forced to catch footballs away from his frame (doesn't have a huge catch radius), and doesn't have great lower body strength/leg drive.

Cooper is a stud, like King and Rambo as well. All great value. And I agree with you that Minter is a reach at #21.


Minter is a reach at 21 and ILB is not a need in this draft. Maybe a backup in later rounds but thats it.

Your assuming they move Burfict inside


That is what I am reading all over the Bengals site. I personally believe if they don't move him to the middle, when his contract is up, he might want out of Cincy because he might want to play ILB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
ark23 wrote:
I'm a big fan. Khaseem Greene is more of a third rounder to me, but at late two he isn't a reach. I actually am not a Gio Bernard fan, he doesn't have great top end speed, actually isn't as great of a receiver when forced to catch footballs away from his frame (doesn't have a huge catch radius), and doesn't have great lower body strength/leg drive.

Cooper is a stud, like King and Rambo as well. All great value. And I agree with you that Minter is a reach at #21.


Minter is a reach at 21 and ILB is not a need in this draft. Maybe a backup in later rounds but thats it.

Your assuming they move Burfict inside


That is what I am reading all over the Bengals site. I personally believe if they don't move him to the middle, when his contract is up, he might want out of Cincy because he might want to play ILB.


I think he has to move inside. The facts are that Maualuga is 90% out the door and Zimmer is not going to give the reigns of our defense to a rookie MLB. The same thing happened with Maualuga. He played SLB until we were comfortable enough to part with Dhani Jones and he made the transition to the middle.
_________________
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6064
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of me thinks they bring Rey back. I don't want it to happen but I can def see it
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group