Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The nightmare scenario: An Aaron Rodgers holdout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

how would you react to it?
angry/betrayed by the decision
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
understand the business side
72%
 72%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 22

gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect the Packers to sign Rodgers long term this offseason so the smart move would be to factor that into your calculations for cap room this offseason for other moves by the team. Rodgers will likely be paid 18 to 20 million per year with a huge prorated bonus so the cap hit will be fairly big - like 5 million more per year than Rodgers current cap hit. I presume that will mean Charles Woodson will either take a huge cut or be cut, and who knows how that might impact Finley and guys like Hawk.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see him holding out ever, but when it comes to the new contact at least I feel safe giving him $100 million. Think about what Ravens fans are doing right now. Your QB who has been great in the playoffs but average and inconsistent in the regular season is demanding Elite money that will cripple your team.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I don't see him holding out ever, but when it comes to the new contact at least I feel safe giving him $100 million. Think about what Ravens fans are doing right now. Your QB who has been great in the playoffs but average and inconsistent in the regular season is demanding Elite money that will cripple your team.

lets be honest, having an elite payed QB eventually makes a cap tricky to work with

I'm hoping TT & the front office can find a way to disperse that $ without causing major issues down the road

paying AR isn't an issue... paying our other talented players will get interesting

luckily we only really have 2 elite players right now (& some really expensive guys will be off the books within the next couple years)... wait till teams like the 9ers start having contracts expire (that window is going to slam shut once they have to figure out how to pay CK on top of the other 18 annual pro-bowlers they have)

you see teams like the ravens & steelers running into troubles now that that have backloaded important contracts

its a game within a game but I trust TT has some wizardry ready for the new wave of must-sign guys
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

lets be honest, having an elite payed QB eventually makes a cap tricky to work with

I'm hoping TT & the front office can find a way to disperse that $ without causing major issues down the road

paying AR isn't an issue... paying our other talented players will get interesting

luckily we only really have 2 elite players right now (& some really expensive guys will be off the books within the next couple years)... wait till teams like the 9ers start having contracts expire (that window is going to slam shut once they have to figure out how to pay CK on top of the other 18 annual pro-bowlers they have)

you see teams like the ravens & steelers running into troubles now that that have backloaded important contracts

its a game within a game but I trust TT has some wizardry ready for the new wave of must-sign guys
Yeah I trust TT. I have no problem with paying Rodgers elite QB money because with Rodgers we are always a threat, no matter what is going on around him. Not sure that Ravens fans should feel the same with Flacco, I don't see them in the same tier at all.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: