Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 56 - Ted hatez CWood21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mobile.firehouse.com/press_release/10919925/boston-to-deploy-mass-casualty-tablet-device-during-marathon

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/UM-Coach-Bomb-Sniffing-Dogs-Spotters-on-Roofs/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

Interesting.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeet wrote:
I can't stand going into NFL General, but I did today.

I learned that the Packers besides A-Rod are awful and would be a 3 win team without him Rolling Eyes

It's great, I am back to laughing at it at this point. Just because people do not know Heyward, Shields, Bishop, Pickett, anyone elses olineman other then their own teams, and basically every non-big name star that isn't shown on ESPN, they then must suck. But like I was said earlier I like being the underdog I just don't think other NFL teams are going to be sleeping on the Packers like the forum fans are. Besides you can use those stats to work to our advantage, the last time the Packers weren't the favorites they won it all! Wink Laughing Very Happy Razz
Madtown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before this thread gets locked for length, I just wanted to get in my thoughts and prayers for those in Boston and those who have loved ones there. My coworker had a relative who finished the race about 40 minutes before the bombing. It was gut wrenching to see her hear the news and try to call relatives to find out information. Luckily, everything turned out fine for her. But it really makes this hit home.

Some of those videos/pictures... Mad Evil or Very Mad

Very minor silver lining: Boston is a city full of tough SOB's. If anyone can handle this, they can.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another silver lining: Anywhere you see a tragedy, you'll see even more people helping out of the kindness of their hearts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Skeet wrote:

I learned that the Packers besides A-Rod are awful and would be a 3 win team without him Rolling Eyes

It's great, I am back to laughing at it at this point. Just because people do not know Heyward, Shields, Bishop, Pickett, anyone elses olineman other then their own teams, and basically every non-big name star that isn't shown on ESPN, they then must suck. But like I was said earlier I like being the underdog I just don't think other NFL teams are going to be sleeping on the Packers like the forum fans are. Besides you can use those stats to work to our advantage, the last time the Packers weren't the favorites they won it all! Wink Laughing Very Happy Razz

What I find incredible is how much in love so many of them are over there with Seattle. They basically think Seattle is one of the best teams in the league - better than NE, Baltimore, GB and Houston. Seattle has a nice team and all but are they truly better than all but SF and Denver?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
http://mobile.firehouse.com/press_release/10919925/boston-to-deploy-mass-casualty-tablet-device-during-marathon

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/UM-Coach-Bomb-Sniffing-Dogs-Spotters-on-Roofs/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx

Interesting.

uh huh...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Skeet wrote:

What I find incredible is how much in love so many of them are over there with Seattle. They basically think Seattle is one of the best teams in the league - better than NE, Baltimore, GB and Houston. Seattle has a nice team and all but are they truly better than all but SF and Denver?
Seattle IS a good team but they have a lot of outstanding performances last year by a collection of players that we know as well as anyone that it's hard to repeat the success individual players had while maintaining the level of health that had as a team.

San Francisco, good team but only had one real injury to deal with and that was Manningham, that kind of repeated health would be unbelievable.

Basically the NFC West caught lighting in a bottle last year, chances are it won't repeat this year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Skeet wrote:

Seattle IS a good team but they have a lot of outstanding performances last year by a collection of players that we know as well as anyone that it's hard to repeat the success individual players had while maintaining the level of health that had as a team.

San Francisco, good team but only had one real injury to deal with and that was Manningham, that kind of repeated health would be unbelievable.

Basically the NFC West caught lighting in a bottle last year, chances are it won't repeat this year.

I disagree. We've said this about San Francisco before. For now, they're here to stay. When their contracts start coming up for Smith, Willis, Bowman, Kaepernick, Davis and company, things will get interesting. It's the nature of this league. But right now, they're definitely a top three team.

Seattle is a bit of a mystery. I love what they're doing with their defense, but whether or not their offense can sustain their level of play, especially with teams adapting to the zone read a bit more, is a bit of a question mark. But that team remains loaded. I would be shocked if they finished with less than 10 wins.

I would, before the draft, say San Francisco wins the division at 11-5 with Seattle at 10-6. That's my best guess. I see St. Louis being a much improved squad, and Arizona can only go up and I would say that they'll steal one from either Seattle or San Francisco.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In b4

justo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ducks about to have a hammer slammed on them. Been waiting for it to drop since 2010-ish. Sad It was a good run of almost losing to Alabama team in the Natty three years in a row. At least Chip got something nice out of it.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Skeet wrote:

I disagree. We've said this about San Francisco before. For now, they're here to stay. When their contracts start coming up for Smith, Willis, Bowman, Kaepernick, Davis and company, things will get interesting. It's the nature of this league. But right now, they're definitely a top three team.

Seattle is a bit of a mystery. I love what they're doing with their defense, but whether or not their offense can sustain their level of play, especially with teams adapting to the zone read a bit more, is a bit of a question mark. But that team remains loaded. I would be shocked if they finished with less than 10 wins.

I would, before the draft, say San Francisco wins the division at 11-5 with Seattle at 10-6. That's my best guess. I see St. Louis being a much improved squad, and Arizona can only go up and I would say that they'll steal one from either Seattle or San Francisco.
So you believe San Francisco will go another year with only one contributor on IR? Alright... I say odds are against that but sure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Ducks about to have a hammer slammed on them. Been waiting for it to drop since 2010-ish. Sad It was a good run of almost losing to Alabama team in the Natty three years in a row. At least Chip got something nice out of it.

Yeah everyone should have seen that coming. Said at the time when Chip flip flopped on staying that he probably got the heads up and was pulling a Pete Carroll. It's a damn shame. Guys run a dirty program and get rewarded while the kids and schools have to face the heat.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
justo wrote:

Yeah everyone should have seen that coming. Said at the time when Chip flip flopped on staying that he probably got the heads up and was pulling a Pete Carroll. It's a damn shame. Guys run a dirty program and get rewarded while the kids and schools have to face the heat.

NCAA runs a dirty business. I don't see these coaches getting paid in classes.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
justo wrote:

As a die hard PSU guy, I'll just say I agree!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
justo wrote:

As a die hard PSU guy, I'll just say I agree!

I don't see why we let the NCAA get away with what they do, to be honest. It's not like we treat the student athlete the same as a regular student, anyways. The rules for admission for them are different even. It's different from the moment they sign up for school.

It's why I'm happy about what the (possible) new USFL is trying to do. One of my friends is part of the group that's trying to get a Portland team, and he says they are trying to make the minimum age 18 for athletes, so that if someone gets kicked out of school/would rather get money for what they do until the NFL's 3 year mandatory time period is up, they have an alternative. Should be interesting to see if it's going to happen, though. These leagues always get talked about, but rarely happen. Even the AFL and UFL actually played, but the results were pretty poor (both folded recently, AFL started back up.)

Agents are on that level of "dirty business," too. They get 10% of an athlete's money? Some slick talking dude in a suite isn't coning a GM out of money. I understand the barrier that needs to be between the player and the GM in the negotiation (from what I've read, Lombardi had a problem with this), but 10%? Nuh uh. Not when a rookie salary scale is up, now.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: