Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TEs R'Us
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: TEs R'Us Reply with quote

What's up my DawgPound Brothers!!!

So I've been thinking.....When there's a CHUD.....There's always a TE. We all know this.

From San Diego to Carolina. During that span, he has coached many All-Pro/Pro Bowl players. He's drafted, traded for and developed young talent. Or atleast was part of a regime/team that brought them in for him to become those types of players.

So here in Cleveland.....Who's going to be the next Ozzie Newsome or K2 incoming? Or Greg Olsen, Antonio Gates (Kent State), Jeremy Shockey and others that have came from the U....or even developed by the Master of TEs?

Everywhere Chud has been.......There has been a receiving TE.

Who's next?

Will it be a trade for Jeremichael Finley from GB who has fallen from there plans? Or they're not justifying resigning him after this year? Easier to bounce then continue contract talks?

Will it be Jared Cook Jr., who is a physical freak in FA? Very Underrated TE, and very underused in Tennessee? Maybe it was a lack of QB play, but his stats dropped every year. In Chuds system.....he will flourish.

Will K2 come back for a discount to be in CHUDs offense once again? Eventhough he's nothing he was before, but could bring a spark back to the position? He's lost a step or 5, but he still has the hands. I don't see this happening, but it is Chuds team.

Will it be a Rookie?

Who do you want to see here? It's inevitable....We will have a new TE here in Cleveland for Chuds offense. Will Jordan Cameron survive the PreSeason cuts? We all know Watson is gone......there are many factors that make this occur.

Who do you want? Pick a FA, current player that could be on the move and 1 Rookie.

My picks.

I think Chud pursues Jared Cook like crazy. He will tell Cook he will be in the Pro Bowl annually in his system. He will give Cook his credentials of whom he has coached, and then there credentials in his system. Cook will sign with the Browns. Signing Cook will give Chud an opportunity to find that mid to late Rd Rookie to develop into his system with Cook leading the way. It may even be an Undrafted FA for that matter, but this Rookie will be a receiving threat.

For the Rookie I think the Browns go after.....Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee....#1.....He's a good receiving TE that is quick and athletic like Cook. Not only that.....His hands are huge like a baseball mit. Plucking the ball out of the air and protecting the ball while getting hit in the middle of the field will be his forte'. He has average speed for a TE, but he's more quick than anything. His best game this year was against Missouri......10 catches - 129 yards - 1TD. He's projected to go in the 4-5 Rd.

Tell me what you want.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please no Finley

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
please no Finley

I agree on Finley, but trying to gain some knowledge on what you boys think of our inevitable pick up this offseason. We will have new TEs.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgpound1816 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
please no Finley

I agree on Finley, but trying to gain some knowledge on what you boys think of our inevitable pick up this offseason. We will have new TEs.

I like Martellus bennett, He doesnt really do one thing great but does pretty much everything good.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Bennett aswell...He has the ability to play the TE position at a solid level at the LOS and as a receiving threat..but since the Giants got rid of Canty and Bradshaws contracts.....Do they resign him?

abbs1988

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, myself, have always loved Jared Cook. From the days of playing fantasy draft Madden with my brother, and forgetting to pick a TE, then slipping upon the young rooking Cook who would always run fast, jump high, and always make great plays for my fantasy squad - I have always been a fan, and knew he would delevop into an all star TE.

The question is what team will reap the benefits of the untapped potential. I would love for that team to be my veryb own Cleveland Brownies. This man has the stuff to be show stopping, and I want to see it.

My college level TE pick would be the great Dion Sims from MSU. This young man is BIG, talented, and will be one heck of a playmaker at the next level - barring the right grooming, and coaching staff - enter Cleveland as his perfect final destination - amen

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abbs1988 wrote:
I, myself, have always loved Jared Cook. From the days of playing fantasy draft Madden with my brother, and forgetting to pick a TE, then slipping upon the young rooking Cook who would always run fast, jump high, and always make great plays for my fantasy squad - I have always been a fan, and knew he would delevop into an all star TE.

The question is what team will reap the benefits of the untapped potential. I would love for that team to be my veryb own Cleveland Brownies. This man has the stuff to be show stopping, and I want to see it.

My college level TE pick would be the great Dion Sims from MSU. This young man is BIG, talented, and will be one heck of a playmaker at the next level - barring the right grooming, and coaching staff - enter Cleveland as his perfect final destination - amen

abbs.....I love both pick ups. I think both would do great things in this system. The ONLY reason I didn't say Sims....I think he goes too early for the Browns to pick up in the 3rd, plus....our needs at this point in the Draft IMO are going to be elsewhere if we do infact pick up Cook. If we don't pick up Cook....We will move around to pick up Sims.

I truly believe if we don't pick up Cook this offseason, this offseason would be a failure. Those are HUGE words, but in this system....we need that Gronkowski, Gates, K2 or VD type to keep the safeties off the LOS. That will help our receivers and TRich. I know I'm going to get blasted for what I just said, but that's truly how I feel. We have opportunity now to get an amazing athlete at TE.....Chud needs to get that new toy for his offense.

abbs1988

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgpound1816 wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:

abbs.....I love both pick ups. I think both would do great things in this system. The ONLY reason I didn't say Sims....I think he goes too early for the Browns to pick up in the 3rd, plus....our needs at this point in the Draft IMO are going to be elsewhere if we do infact pick up Cook. If we don't pick up Cook....We will move around to pick up Sims.

I truly believe if we don't pick up Cook this offseason, this offseason would be a failure. Those are HUGE words, but in this system....we need that Gronkowski, Gates, K2 or VD type to keep the safeties off the LOS. That will help our receivers and TRich. I know I'm going to get blasted for what I just said, but that's truly how I feel. We have opportunity now to get an amazing athlete at TE.....Chud needs to get that new toy for his offense.

amen

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
bosko1616

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to choose a TE to go after In FA it would be Walker from SF I think he could be a real stud for us. Second would be Cook just because of his physical gifts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
If I had to choose a TE to go after In FA it would be Walker from SF I think he could be a real stud for us. Second would be Cook just because of his physical gifts

I like Delanie, and think he has been a good compliment to VD in Frisco. He has good lunchpail abilities, and if we didn't get Cook....He'd be my #4 for sure.

If I had to list Top 5 FA TE +1 (via trade) for our system:

1. Cook
2. Fred Davis
3. Dustin Keller
4. Delanie Walker
5. Martellus Bennett
6. Jeremichael Finley (via trade)

Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:

Walker is my favorite currently. This allows us to pickup a late-round developmental guy to stick with him and Cameron.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
NickZambo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see us going after Greg Olsen from Carolina. Playmaker TE familiar with Chud's system.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Tully305

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
I can see us going after Greg Olsen from Carolina. Playmaker TE familiar with Chud's system.

Word. He can bring the 7th Floor Crew to C-Town
fatpig

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know Winslow's knees are one hit away from being blown to pieces. i'd welcome him back though just for nostalgia factor. i loved that dude in 07.

Olsen would also be great. i just hope the new regime gives Cameron a chance to prove himself.
Fullback40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where people are getting that Olsen will be available. He's not a FA and isn't even rumored to be on the trade block.

1. Tyler Eiffert-----Jimmy Graham

2. Dion Sims-----Zach Miller

3. Zach Ertz-----Greg Olsen

There are some elite TE's in the draft this year.

I think Eiffert is going to be a top 3 TE in the NFL. Dude is a stud and is somebody I would consider if he slipped into round 2 and we acquire a pick in that round.

Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to a few trade downs and taking him in the 1st. He is special.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: