Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

34DE Jared Odrick to be on trade block possibly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: 34DE Jared Odrick to be on trade block possibly Reply with quote

Jared Odrick | Defensive Lineman
Team: Miami Dolphins
Age / DOB: (25) / 12/31/1987
Ht / Wt: 6'5' / 304
College: Penn State
Contract: view contract details
[x]7/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $13,071,939 contract. The deal includes $7.134 million guaranteed. 2013: $700,000, 2014: $765,000, 2015: Free Agent

Salguero of the Miami Herald suggests that the Dolphins might place RE Jared Odrick on the trade block.

Odrick was drafted to play "five technique" in a 3-4 defense. The Dolphins are a 4-3 now, and Odrick lacks explosive ability requisite for 4-3 defensive ends. "He's not a fit for the scheme," Salguero writes. Odrick has cheap base salaries through 2014, is only 25 years old, and possesses an ideal skill set for the 3-4. He could likely bring back a second-day draft pick via trade. Feb 8 - 6:49 PMSource: Miami Herald

I think he is worth inquiring about. Possibly trading 1 of the NT's on the rooster for him. It be a good trade for both teams IMO.

Thoughts?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Last edited by DawgSoldier on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could get him for a 4th or lower, I would be all for it. If it is a 3rd or higher, I would pass due to our lack of a 2nd round pick, and relative depth on the d-line.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like shoffma said if it is for a lower pick maybe, he has been a bit of a disappointment in Miami due to injury and lack of production. besides if he really isnt a fit for them they are not in a leverage position
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Like shoffma said if it is for a lower pick maybe, he has been a bit of a disappointment in Miami due to injury and lack of production. besides if he really isnt a fit for them they are not in a leverage position

Kitchen wasn't a fit for the Ravens 34 and did well in the Browns 43. Perphaps a swap would do the trick? That or one the 8 ILB's on the roster.

FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would move Kitchen or a later pick for him. But he has not been someone like Rubin, Taylor, or Hughes up for.

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather wait and see what the Dolphins do. Is he worth a trade, or better to get in FA after cuts? I don't want to lose a draft pick if we have our current DL being coached up in the 34 as we speak. Especially since Rubin & Taylor are manning 2 positions for sure. That leaves 1 position to see how Wynn, Kitchen & Hughes project on the DL soon enough. There's no need to rush into trading for DL when we don't know what Horton has in his plans now. IMO....I think we should trade for positions that will play a bigger role on this team, or bring more value at a weaker position. DL IMO isn't a weak position....even in the 34 scheme.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly dont think he offer more than our current starting DE
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
No but he iwould provide viable experianced depth that could rotate in. IF Taylor and Winn are the starting DE's I'd put Odrick next vs anybody else on the roster right now.

So IF the Browns were to move an ILB or 2 for him the Browns would be back up to 6 deep at 34 DL if the move a DT/NT for him Hughes or Kitchen for example they would have 3 DE's and to NT's.

abbs1988

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
No but he iwould provide viable experianced depth that could rotate in. IF Taylor and Winn are the starting DE's I'd put Odrick next vs anybody else on the roster right now.

So IF the Browns were to move an ILB or 2 for him the Browns would be back up to 6 deep at 34 DL if the move a DT/NT for him Hughes or Kitchen for example they would have 3 DE's and to NT's.

The way our D-line looks now is rubin.taylor.winn winning the startung positions, and kitch.hughes as the depth players.

we will need at least one more quality depth guy, and odrick would fill that position nicely.

I would take him for eric hagg lol

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
Fullback40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big Odrick fan....and we need a 3-4 DE.

I'd rather throw money at Randy Starks in FA. He's a top notch DE in a 3-4 and would really help us. He can also get pressure from that spot in the defense and is versatile in both the run and the pass D.

Odrick would be a fringe starter for this team and would likely cost more than he is worth.

Get Starks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: