Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elwayfan Denver Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Elwayfan Denver Mock Draft Reply with quote

Denver Offseason Team Moves
- Re-sign Ryan Clady
- Re-sign Kevin Vickerson
- Re-sign Mitch Unrein
- Extend Chris Harris
- Re-Sign Tony Carter
- Trade DJ Williams for 5th round draft pick
Team Move Summary- The top priority has to be to re-sign Ryan Clady. Retaining Vickerson and Unrein will provide continuity along the defensive line. They both performed admirably, last year, and can be counted on to do so again. Chris Harris may start to get expensive soon. It would be wise to extend him while he is affordable. Finally, I think it is best for Denver and DJ to part ways. He isn’t going to beat Woodyard out for the WLB job and he is an average Mike at best. With his price tag a change of scenery is best.
Free Agency
- Michael Bennett DE- A big priority has to be improving the pass rush. While sacks came in bunches last year, they were also inconsistent. They had very little pass rush in the playoff game. Bennett will allow Denver to use Dumervil more effectively to maximize his impact. With another pass rusher this defense becomes that much more lethal.
- Derek Cox CB- Denver definitely needs to upgrade its depth at CB. Cox is capable of starting and improves the entire secondary
- Devery Henderson WR- Denver could use a slot receiver. Stokely is long in the tooth and has a extremely finite time left in his career. Henderson will be a huge upgrade to the receiver corps.

Draft

- Round 1- Denver trades 28 Overall to AZ who moves back in to the first round to select Mike Glennon. Arizona trades 2nd,3rd and 3rd next year for 28.

- Round 2A- Larry Warford OG Kentucky- If there was one glaring weakness in Denver’s offense was the inability to convert on 3rd and shorts in key situations. Denver needs to become more physical up front. Warford is a massive powerful guard who can definitely open holes. He will push Beadles immediately for the starting job and will add a much needed rugged presence on the line.

- Round 2- Arthur Brown ILB Kansas State- Denver needs a Mike. Brown is absolutely capable of being that guy. He falls due to concerns over his size. However, Brown is basically the same size as Jon Beason and has a similar style and would instantly be an upgrade.

- Round 3A- Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern –While the DT position was a pleasant surprise, it still could use more depth. Williams is a big body who will provide a solid presence as a rotational tackle.

- Round 3- Le’veon Bell RB Michigan State- One of the most disappointments in the playoff game was the inability to convert on several 3rd and shorts. Bell will help with this. In a platoon with Hillman, Bell will give Denver a physicality that they lack.

- Round 4-Quenteras Smith DE Western Kentucky- Smith is a one dimensional pass rusher. However, he is very good at pass rushing. He can be part of a rotation and contribute in sub packages. He give Denver, yet one more player who can rush the passer.

- Round 5 A- Chad Bumphis WR Mississippi State- Bumphis is a versatile player. He can play in the slot, RB, special teams are wherever he is needed. He is a guy Fox will fall in love with

- Round 5- Bruce Taylor LB Virginia Tech- Taylor is a guy who has done very well in college. He may not be starting material but he could become a core special teams guy and could even surprise a few people.

- Round 7 – Travis Howard CB Ohio State- Solid measurable could be depth and special teams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This a good draft. I like trading out of the first round again. The value between 20-40 is really similar this year. It also gives us more depth picks which is important for a team that has alot of starters in place.

I am not a huge fan of your free agency, but that is just nitpicking as I have no clue what the Broncos have planned. However, Bennettt will cost too much and Henderson is going to want more money that the Broncos will pay. IMO they are most likely to sign Stokes and draft a player to eventually take his job.

I have been researching the Williams kid alot. He sounds like a steal in the third. Alot more athletcic than you would think for a guy his size. He is very raw and will only get better.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
This a good draft. I like trading out of the first round again. The value between 20-40 is really similar this year. It also gives us more depth picks which is important for a team that has alot of starters in place.

I am not a huge fan of your free agency, but that is just nitpicking as I have no clue what the Broncos have planned. However, Bennettt will cost too much and Henderson is going to want more money that the Broncos will pay. IMO they are most likely to sign Stokes and draft a player to eventually take his job.

I have been researching the Williams kid alot. He sounds like a steal in the third. Alot more athletcic than you would think for a guy his size. He is very raw and will only get better.

You may very well be right. However, I think Bennett will be reasonably priced. I also think Elway will be willing to spend money on a pass rusher. Just my hunch. Much like yousaid, I'm not really sure what Elway will do in FA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another draft i would be very happy with. Warford has the tools to be an elite OG. While some around here are down on Arthur Brown, i am a pretty big fan. While it may not translate as well in the NFL, Brown takes on blockers far better than posters give him credit for. He is very explosive in a short area and packs a pretty decent wallop on OG's and FB's when he needs too.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Elwayfan Denver Mock Draft Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
- Round 3A- Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern

I like this pick. Williams looks like a wide-body that can play as a 4-3 NT. Williams would be a run-plugger instead of a pass-rusher but he might pair well with Wolfe in the middle. If Williams measures well before the draft, he could go earlier.

elwayfan07 wrote:
- Round 5 A- Chad Bumphis WR Mississippi State

Broncos have already talked to Bumphis so he's on their list.
primetime714

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock a lot. Although I question the feasibility. In terms of FA's I think the Broncos could potentially sign Bennett, but Bennett and Cox seems a bit ambitious. Especially with resigning Clady and Vickerson. Similarly I don't see what motivation a young CB like Cox would have to sign here given the depth this team has at CB I think he'll likely find a more lucrative offer with more guaranteed playing time elsewhere. I also don't think we'll get that much from the Cards. I think just the 3rd this year is probably a reasonable price to pay for the move, a 3rd next year is a huge stretch.

That said Bennett is an ideal fit at LDE in this defense. He is stout against the run, he is an effective pass rusher, and he can move inside in the nickel when Von moves to DE. If the bidding doesn't get too high on him he'd be a great addition. He might make signing some of our current players more difficult in the long run, but hopefully not.

Love the draft too. Warford and Williams would be great additions to the OL and DL respectively. I like Arthur Brown a lot. I think his size could be limitation, but he plays the run really well and can avoid blocks. Not a huge fan of Bell, but not the worst pick. Quanterrus Smith I think will be an absolute steal in this draft. I think he is another Bruce Irvin. Additionally I do like Bruce Taylor as a late round pick. I think he's an underrated ILB and could help particularly in the base D and definitely on ST.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cox would start. One I think Harris is better in the slot and either way the defense is often in the nickel package anyway so even a slot corner is essentially a starting corner these days. Also,JDR was very popular with his players. It wouldnt shock me to see some want to play with him again

Last edited by elwayfan07 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Le'Veon Bell in the third!
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good draft but I doubt if you will get a 2nd and two thirds for #28. Hope it all works out like this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: