Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My First Miami dolphins mock draft. 7 Rounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IbleedMiamiAqua

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: My First Miami dolphins mock draft. 7 Rounds Reply with quote

Major decisions
-Jake Long has to walk. Way to much money and he will learn to adapt to the system but it doesn't fit what were trying to do. This decision will free up so much cash to fill other areas of need
-Reggie bush has to walk as well. Lamar miller is going to get his big shot.
-Randy Starks is walking as well. Odrick slides over to play next to solia to absolutely stuff the run. Oliver deserves his shot to start and he will get it
-fasano stay because egnew will never get his shot. If you don't have respect from your teammates you don't have anything worth my whole on this team
-Tony McDaniel stays to have depth now that Starks is gone
-Hartlien comes back. He's got great chemistry with RT17 and will produce great with the weight of number 1 reciever off his shoulders.
-Sean Smith comes back. He thinks he's a lot more special then he is. He thinks he's a lot more special then most teams think he is. And because of that he would rather stay here then only make a little more money elsewhere.

-Free Agency
-Andy Levitre- the bills are going to put there resources I to Byrd and finding a quarterback and a reciever to take pressure off of Stevie Johnson. Levitre will be a loss for them but guard is not a big priority for the bills like it will be for Miami
-sabastian vollmer- stud tackle. Hurts the patriots. Any more of an explanation needed?
-Cary Williams- with jimmy smith waiting for his shot and Webb getting a huge contract last year the ravens can't afford to dump all that money into CB when they need to start thinking about ray Lewis and Ed reeds replacements in the next couple years.
-Greg Jennings-great route runner. Perfect guy to help teach the young recievers and knows the system better then anyone else on the team

-Draft****
-RD 1 cordarrelle Patterson- we need big plays. With Reggie gone and Jennings getting older Patterson will be the guy. He's big he's fast he's strong. YAC. YAC. YAC. Sorry I said that so much but when's the last time we have a legit yac threat. We're the only team Marshall didn't do that for. Jennings will help this kid crisp up his route and teach him how to be a Greg Jennings player and not a Brandon Marshall player. Patterson and thigpen will be exciting on special teams this year.

RD 2A Tyler Efiert- big physical TE that had that has all the makings to be special. Great blocker good speed for a tight end and great hands. Red zone threat we desperately need. Imagine the goal line package with fasano and Eifert. Opens up so much.

RD 2B David Amerson- big physical corner that can shift to safety if needed. When is the last ball hawk the dolphins d has had. Great depth everywhere in the secondary until coyle can make him a monster at either free safety or CB. I know a lot of people won't like a semi project player in the second but let's be honest. When's the last second rd pick that's panned out really well? And don't say smith. (Henne, white, beck,misi,smith) ..Amerson will be great after a little coaching

RD 3A Chase Thomas- great pass rushing OLB from Stanford. Good in run support. Misi and Thomas together are the perfect OLB and would be great competition for eachother and a fantastic rotation. Figure in josh kaddu to be a little bigger part of the plan but will deff help out on this deffense that can't generate pressure

RD 3B Cornelius Carradine- let him learn for a year and be a situational pass rusher behind Vernon until he may be ready to be the every down DE we need. Carradine had a great year opposite Werner at FSU because you can't double both ends and guess what, he has a freak pass rusher playing opposite hear as well

RD 4 Kyle Long- mobile linemen that can play guard of tackle in space. God depth to start and more of an insurance policy in case Martin can't get strong and stick. Long would be good in out system and give the big man number 77 to save money on jersey sales lol

RD 5 denard Robinson- high risk high reward pick. In the couple years it's going to take him to learn the slot reciever spot it will be time to part ways with beds. Robinson Patterson and miller all on the field together is a home run waiting to happen.

The draft obviously is setting us up nicely for a year or two down the line because let's face it. We're not winning the division anytime soon and were going to be absolutely prepaired to take over the division for years once the old aging patriots finish the decline they started.
BDog19851

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could live with this for sure. Love how explosive the offence would be! only question is who will be starting at RT? Also someone would have to be let go at wr, but i'm fine with that. Also a very optimistic free agency!
IbleedMiamiAqua

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vollmer and Martin are the tackles. And marlon Moore wouldn't be retained if we brought in Jennings and patterson
BDog19851

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed that Vollmer was in there. That could work. Martin better be in the weight room this off season though!
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off welcome to the forum!!

I think its a solid draft. I think getting long in the 4th is a steal because I think he is going in the 2nd because of the combine and his name. I would love to pick up Patterson as well. Not sure if Levitre is built for a zbs also

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums, not a bad Mock, I would went a little diffrent but no two people are the same.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums. I just hope a majority of what you project does not happen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with what I predicted? Tanney is surrounded by weapons, the line is much much better, pass rush will be a lot better, the secondary is a huge up grade. I feel good about hitting all the team needs!
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IbleedMiamiAqua wrote:
What's wrong with what I predicted? Tanney is surrounded by weapons, the line is much much better, pass rush will be a lot better, the secondary is a huge up grade. I feel good about hitting all the team needs!

Too many FA's that we don't have cap space for. You should limit it to two major guys and two smaller guys.

Love your draft though. Very nice offense and defense we can build with those pieces.

Welcome to the forums.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IbleedMiamiAqua wrote:

Its a good attempt That you made for the off season and draft.

1) If Bush walks there is too much a dependency on on Lamar Miller to be successful. With Reggie Bush at least we keep defenses somewhat honest and they do keep and eye on him.

2) Letting Randy Starks walk and keeping Tony McDaniel. I don't understand this at all. Keep the one thats worth the money let the one not worth the money go.

3) Keeping Fasano, who in no ones mind is a seam threat. Sure he blocks decent and is a steady performer but no defense worries about him.

4) I have been a big Sean Smith supporter but I would have to be crazy to think he is worth the 8-10 million dollars per year that hes looking for. He is at this point in his career at steady #2 corner and thats it.

5) In free agency we are signing Mike Wallace, mark my words. Jennings isn't worth the money he has the same disease as Jake Long - Cantstayonfielditis.

6) No wide receiver is worth a first round pick this year, some like Patterson may make a nice receiver over their career but none predicted to go in rounds one or two are worth it.

7) David Amerson is my opinion is most over rated cornerback this year. I believe he will be abused in the NFL, eventually being shifted to nickel, then shifted to take out window at a Wendys near you.

If y'all just listen to me and my buddy Jack Daniels its wild card in 2013 and Super Bowl in 2014.

Like I said good attempt its just this type of roster will lead to a 5-11 record in 2013.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few thoughts on what you said
-letting Reggie go is to me a no brainier. Giving miller the load is how he will learn. And if he can't get it done its time Thomas gets his crack at a full season. We traded into the second rd to get him with mallet on the board. You gotta give him the rock. He'll be the thunder to millers lighting. And mix thigpen in a little bit

-letting Starks go because the money he will take I'd rather give to a guard or a corner back. Odrick has shown flashes of great in both the pass rush and run stuffing. McDaniel comes back because he's a great rotational player with Randall. Odrick is not a pass rush end in a 4-3. I addressed the pass rush while maintaining the run and creating a youth movement.

-Jennings is signed instead of Wallace because I want a reciever that can run routes not run deep and hope tanney gets it there. Jennings will turn Patterson Into an absolute monster in 2 years. Patterson will be a torey smith like player that runs much better routes and also moves The chains and helps in special teams.

-Amerson is overrated as a first rd pick but has ball hawking skills. That can not be denied. Someone on our team has to be able to create the turn over. And if smith gets more then 6-7 a year I let him go and Amerson is plugged in there day 1. Has the potential to be great

And fasano is back because him and Eifert together will be great in the run blocking for miller and were horrible at getting 6 points in the red zone. Clay and Eifert will move the ball but redzone line Eifert Jennings Patterson up and fasano on the line with miller in the backfield. Big bodies with speed create miss matches.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. Able to get two offensive linemen, veteran WR, and the draft addresses a lot of future players.

Hartline and Greg Jennings make the Patterson pick work very well. You can draft Patterson to be a play maker, while Jennings and Hartline focus on being true WR.

Cary Williams is a Cb that has proven to be a man to man CB. Mix Williams with Marshall and the young CB and now we have 3 good CBs that can play man. Also add Dimitri Patterson to the mix.

Levitre and Vollmer add OL that we don't have to address until the middle of the draft. Kyle Long gives us an athletic and versatile OL. He can play RT or G.

Overall this off season adds veteran's in free agency and future play makers in the draft.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: