Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rob Ryan's Scheme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasn't anyone mentioned signing Connor Barwin? I remember when he came out me and a few others wanted to trade out of the first and pick him up in the early second.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Why hasn't anyone mentioned signing Connor Barwin? I remember when he came out me and a few others wanted to trade out of the first and pick him up in the early second.

Dat Hairdo. I just don't know much about the guy. Position? Age? Stats? I don't know...

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a young guy. Came out the same year as Jenkins. I believe he's a 3-4 SOLB

Adopt-a-Saint
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barwin is one of the many solid SOLBs available this offseason. He also played TE in college.
krewebrees

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barwin played willbacker last year but also de on occasion. I think he played jack linebacker some to. He is very versatile and would fit good in Ryan's scheme. He will probably be cheaper than spencer too.

I like him if the texans don't resign him.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young, versatile, with a non-stop motor, and experience in a 3-4. Should come relatively cheap if the Texans don't resign him.

Adopt-a-Saint
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take this however you want.. But my friend is a poster on another forum and he sent me a screenshot of a guys post. It said that he has a buddy "inside the organization" that told him the Saints will be targeting mainly secondary players in FA and the draft. Reason being is because of Ryan's heavy blitz mentality. Payton and Ryan aren't comfortable with the guys we have now because they'll be left on an island a lot when Ryan dials up blitzes. This makes sense.. to me at least. With the lack of pass rush we'll blitz more to get to the QB instead of spending money on front seven players we'll spend it on the back end. IMO, a better front seven is better than having a good secondary. Just thought it was interesting and thought I should share that with you guys.

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Take this however you want.. But my friend is a poster on another forum and he sent me a screenshot of a guys post. It said that he has a buddy "inside the organization" that told him the Saints will be targeting mainly secondary players in FA and the draft. Reason being is because of Ryan's heavy blitz mentality. Payton and Ryan aren't comfortable with the guys we have now because they'll be left on an island a lot when Ryan dials up blitzes. This makes sense.. to me at least. With the lack of pass rush we'll blitz more to get to the QB instead of spending money on front seven players we'll spend it on the back end. IMO, a better front seven is better than having a good secondary. Just thought it was interesting and thought I should share that with you guys.

I still feel that a quality corner will be the Saints top target in free agency... not Anthony Spencer or any other rush linebacker. Ryan's history after moving to a new team always is followed by that team adding quality corners by way of the draft or free agency. I feel the Saints are comfortable with going into the season with Wilson and Galette as the starting OLB's in Ryan's scheme but will look to add a third outside edge rusher that is dynamic and explosive to throw into the mix. Dion Jordan, Brakevious Mingo & Ezekiel Ansah all repersent the skill set the Saints are likley to target in round 1. If none are available I could see the Saints taking a corner or safety.

I also see the saints focusing in on either Sean Smith from the Dolphins or Keenan Lewis of the Steelers in free agency. Landing one of those guys would give Ryan a physical press man corner that his system needs.

Aqib Talib is also a possibility...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
thesolution

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

I still feel that a quality corner will be the Saints top target in free agency... not Anthony Spencer or any other rush linebacker. Ryan's history after moving to a new team always is followed by that team adding quality corners by way of the draft or free agency. I feel the Saints are comfortable with going into the season with Wilson and Galette as the starting OLB's in Ryan's scheme but will look to add a third outside edge rusher that is dynamic and explosive to throw into the mix. Dion Jordan, Brakevious Mingo & Ezekiel Ansah all repersent the skill set the Saints are likley to target in round 1. If none are available I could see the Saints taking a corner or safety.

I also see the saints focusing in on either Sean Smith from the Dolphins or Keenan Lewis of the Steelers in free agency. Landing one of those guys would give Ryan a physical press man corner that his system needs.

Aqib Talib is also a possibility...

The only way I see the Saints going pass rusher first is if they plan on moving Wilson back to MLB. I think he can play the Scott Fujita/Anthony Spencer role. I think we go Safety..

I'm hoping we go after Keenan Lewis. Richard Sherman thinks he's 1 of the top corner's in the league. I work with his cousin so maybe I can get alil insight on what Lewis is thinking.. Laughing Also on NFL 32 today Ed Weder mention the Saints as a posible destination for Darrelle Revis if I'm not mistaken..

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
MPjeffryred

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
The most important thing in Rob's scheme, is probably cornerbacks who can cover man to man and who can be physical with the WR at the LOS. Rob likes some blitzes, and for that he needs corners who don't need help

As for what he likes on D line, when he was with the Browns he used a big NT, with the Cowboys a smaller. But I think that a 3-4 only works optimal when having a big two gap NT on the roster, so I hope you will get that.

I wouldn't expect results from him right away, he runs a very complex scheme and it takes time for a defence to not get confused by it. You have to have smart players, who can get everybody in position. Also Rob loves players who can play at various positions so he can move them around a bit, and he uses the 4-3 a lot.. often just with the DE's standing up. I'm a big fan of Ryan, but he needs time to implement his scheme, unless he have learned how to boil his playbook down to basics for his team to be effective from year one.

This just made Terrance Knighton my #1 offseason grab. We need an established NT, which Knighton is. As far as man to man, that's what our corners excel more so at than zone. Various positions? Ehhhh I don't know who we could interchange like that. I guess:

Knighton (assuming we sign him) plays NT and in our 4-3 looks plays DT.
Akiem Hicks plays DE in 3-4 and DT in 4-3.

yeah, that's it, lol. Also would be nice to get Spencer in FA. Always nice to have a guy who knows the system and can teach. So, the change won't be a big deal. Seems like we have the same needs we had before.

NT
OLB
S
CB
OT

I agree with your assessment. In my mock, we trade down in the first but grab Jenkins from Georgia as our NT. Knighton is not a big upgrade, but Jenkins has all pro potential. As is some other posts, I like Jamie Collins in the third or early fourth. I do not think S in the later rounds will provide an impact player. I look at drafting a larger corner such as David Amerson of N.C. State or Tharold Simon and turning them into FS/CB types. I would trade Harper if we can get a decent draft pick for him.
A cover corner is essential, especially since we released Patrick. I like Robert Alford of SLU. He reminds me of Tracy Porter a bit. He is fast, a ball hawk and can survive on an island. I also lilke Jordan Mills of La Tech in the early fourth. He can be another Bushrod in a year or two.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JuniorG93: Told My Agent I'm A #SAINT 4LIFE So Lets Get This Deal Done ASAP I don't want to B Anywhere Else #WHODAT #BLESSED

Tweet from Galette

Adopt-a-Saint
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Quote:
@JuniorG93: Told My Agent I'm A #SAINT 4LIFE So Lets Get This Deal Done ASAP I don't want to B Anywhere Else #WHODAT #BLESSED

Tweet from Galette

I don't walk the streets of New Orleans at night because I am afraid of cross Junior. Dude is a mad man. Smile
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JuniorG93: Waiting on This Phone Call From My Agent....ALL DAY....I need To #CalmDown
[/quote]

Adopt-a-Saint
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junior just retweeted me Cool

Adopt-a-Saint
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first tweet Junior retweeted.
Quote:
@JFloodMAB: Can't wait to see @JuniorG93 coming off the edge next season

Reply to me and Junior from a random Cowboys fan that follows Junior.
Quote:
With the @dallascowboys #Sackman #Nula lol RT @JFloodMAB: Can't wait to see @JuniorG93 coming off the edge next season

Junior agreeing with me about signing Spencer
Quote:
@JuniorG93: !!!RT @JFloodMAB: @shutUPdale We'll take Anthony Spencer and put him on the opposite side of @JuniorG93 lol

Adopt-a-Saint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: