You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rob Ryan's Scheme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
On the scheme, here is some excerpts from a blog(I believe I can't post the link) that highlights the hall marks of a Ryan D:

Quote:
"Multiples": Ryan likes players who can play multiple positions and line up and move to multiple locations on the field

That concept leads into the next hallmark: Confusing the offense (i.e. the QB). He accomplishes this by showing pre-snap reads, then rotating coverage to put players in positions where the QB thinks they won't be.

Physical defense with attitude. This stems from Ryan's persona.

A free safety who can read offenses and play deep middle or a 'robber' position. When using a '46', you need a free safety who can read the offense, especially concentrating on the slot receiver and reading his pattern. That dictates whether he drops into a man-to-man (for vertical routes) or drops into a 'robber' coverage in the underneath interior.

Pressure the QB. Any defense that runs elements of the '46' are looking to get after the QB while simultaneously stopping the run. The trick? Having pass-rushers who can get to the QB before the secondary gives way. It can be feast or famine.

And the other thing you always hear about Ryan and his defense? That guys love to play for him, they feed off his enthusiasm and his demeanor.

Hope that helped!

Lol Jenkins is the opposite of what we need at FS if that's the case.
I could see both Harper and Jenkins gone this offseason! Maybe Jenkins could move back to corner, but I more feel like we draft a safety in the first and sign Spencer in Free Agency!

If we draft a fs I'm going to cry.

I'm assuming you mean in the first round?

Correct. My bad lol.

Rebuild mode or just plain mediocrity, I'm a Whodat!!
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
On the scheme, here is some excerpts from a blog(I believe I can't post the link) that highlights the hall marks of a Ryan D:

Quote:
"Multiples": Ryan likes players who can play multiple positions and line up and move to multiple locations on the field

That concept leads into the next hallmark: Confusing the offense (i.e. the QB). He accomplishes this by showing pre-snap reads, then rotating coverage to put players in positions where the QB thinks they won't be.

Physical defense with attitude. This stems from Ryan's persona.

A free safety who can read offenses and play deep middle or a 'robber' position. When using a '46', you need a free safety who can read the offense, especially concentrating on the slot receiver and reading his pattern. That dictates whether he drops into a man-to-man (for vertical routes) or drops into a 'robber' coverage in the underneath interior.

Pressure the QB. Any defense that runs elements of the '46' are looking to get after the QB while simultaneously stopping the run. The trick? Having pass-rushers who can get to the QB before the secondary gives way. It can be feast or famine.

And the other thing you always hear about Ryan and his defense? That guys love to play for him, they feed off his enthusiasm and his demeanor.

Hope that helped!

Lol Jenkins is the opposite of what we need at FS if that's the case.
I could see both Harper and Jenkins gone this offseason! Maybe Jenkins could move back to corner, but I more feel like we draft a safety in the first and sign Spencer in Free Agency!

If we draft a fs I'm going to cry.

I'm assuming you mean in the first round?

Correct. My bad lol.

There's not a FS worth taking in the 1st round in this draft anyway.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
potus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone not high on Anthony Spencer? I feel like he should have done much better playing opposite of D-Ware. I'm not saying he isn't good but the Saint's can't afford to go after these FA's that put up good numbers their contract year. His situation totally reminds me of when Ray Edwards put up mediocre numbers with Jared Allen and the Williams wall yet was highly pursued by the Falcons and ended up busting big time.
SWATcha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

potus wrote:
Is anyone not high on Anthony Spencer? I feel like he should have done much better playing opposite of D-Ware. I'm not saying he isn't good but the Saint's can't afford to go after these FA's that put up good numbers their contract year. His situation totally reminds me of when Ray Edwards put up mediocre numbers with Jared Allen and the Williams wall yet was highly pursued by the Falcons and ended up busting big time.

It's why I like Kruger more than Spencer. Not only is his motor always running, but he produced without the luxury of a D. Ware on the other side.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
potus wrote:

It's why I like Kruger more than Spencer. Not only is his motor always running, but he produced without the luxury of a D. Ware on the other side.

+1. Kruger produced all year with or without T Sizzle.
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting stat I came across on PFF. Both Junior Galette and Martez Wilson ranked in the Top 15 in Pass Rushing Productivity among 4-3 ends who played at least 25% of their teams snaps, with Galette coming in as the fourth-most productive rusher. I think both players are going to benefit heavily from a switch to the 3-4, I'm very excited.
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-4 bases defense revolves around a great NT. We need Hankins in round 1.

Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
3-4 bases defense revolves around a great NT. We need Hankins in round 1.

Thats not true anymore. Look at the top 3-4 defenses around the league, SF, BAL, HOU and PIT. Their NTs are Shaun Cody, 35 year old Casey Hampton, Ma'ake Kemoeatu and Isaac Sopoaga. None of those guys are super talented, minus Hampton in his prime, and none of them were taken high. Taking a NT that high, is stupid quite frankly, unless you're getting a BJ Raji/Vince Wilfork type prospect which Hankins is not.
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about us going DE in round 1? If Ryan likes Hicks at NT, then we'd have a huge hole there. Sheldon Richardson - Hicks - Jordan would be pretty sweet. Sign a Spencer/Kruger and we'd have a pretty nice front seven. Secondary could use some work. Starters at S and depth at CB.

mike23md on the sig
Porter22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
What do you guys think about us going DE in round 1? If Ryan likes Hicks at NT, then we'd have a huge hole there. Sheldon Richardson - Hicks - Jordan would be pretty sweet. Sign a Spencer/Kruger and we'd have a pretty nice front seven. Secondary could use some work. Starters at S and depth at CB.

My guy would be Sharrif Floyd! He is a beast, but I doubt that he will be available at #15. Have seen him go top 3 in some mock drafts!
Soccer: Werder Bremen
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

My guy would be Sharrif Floyd! He is a beast, but I doubt that he will be available at #15. Have seen him go top 3 in some mock drafts!

Okay well what does everyone think about

Floyd - Hicks - Jordan

Richardson - Hicks - Jordan

Hicks - Bunkley - Jordan

Hicks - FA/Draft Pick - Jordan

Which do you think would be the most succesful?

mike23md on the sig
Porter22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

Okay well what does everyone think about

Floyd - Hicks - Jordan

Richardson - Hicks - Jordan

Hicks - Bunkley - Jordan

Hicks - FA/Draft Pick - Jordan

Which do you think would be the most succesful?
The best DL would be with Floyd imo (at least in the future), but I would prefer picking up a NT in free agency or round 3 and get a safety or OLB in the first (Matt Elam, Dion Jordan, etc.). Would be the best for the whole defense and team!
Porter22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Could anyone see us targeting Reed for 2 years? He has at least 2 more years left and we could draft a late round prospect and let him learn from one of the best safeties to ever play the game!
MPjeffryred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potus wrote:

I also have my reservations about Spencer. What about Greg Romeus?
Isn't it about time for him to contribute or be cut??? He could be a big plus pass rusher at DE who could at times stand up as previously mentioned.
MPjeffryred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Very interesting stat I came across on PFF. Both Junior Galette and Martez Wilson ranked in the Top 15 in Pass Rushing Productivity among 4-3 ends who played at least 25% of their teams snaps, with Galette coming in as the fourth-most productive rusher. I think both players are going to benefit heavily from a switch to the 3-4, I'm very excited.

I also think they will fit the scheme. And, Wilson can move inside at times and rush from there. I think Hawthorne will end up playing a lot inside with this defense and will do well.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: