Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could D.J Fluker Make a Better Guard than Chance Warmack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would D.J Fluker Make a Better OG Than Chance Warmack
Fluker
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Warmack
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Could D.J Fluker Make a Better Guard than Chance Warmack? Reply with quote

Just speculation, simple question. Would you guys think Fluker will be a better OG in the NFL than Chance Warmack? I realize Fluker most likely will be a OT, but in my opinion I believe his best position could be OG because he does not have the best feet, and could outgrow the OT position.

I ask this question because like many others, I would love to trade down and get Warmack; but because Flucker's stock is lower than Warmack, I would be interested in possibly trading down lower than the range to snag Warmack, and drafting Fluker possibly in the 22-30 range, if that means we could accumulate more picks.

As much as I love Warmack, I personally believe Fluker could be a better OG than Warmack in the NFL, and will get better value. Fluker is the BEST run blocker IMO in the draft, but lacks a bit in pass protection against quicker opponents. I will let these highlights speak for themselves where you could obviously compare Fluker and Warmack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf-jzv6zOzk

you can also watch the entire alabama and texas a&m game on youtube as well.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be very possible in the PBS because Fluker is such a good run blocker and he has the feet of an OT. He is also much bugger and stronger than Warmack but with no experience at the position. Warmack may start off better but with some time inside Fluker could surpass him. I would take either at this point.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now Fluker is a turnstile as he appears heavy footed. However, I would not move him to OG. Fluker is reminiscent of Andre Smith to me and if he works hard in a few years Fluker could make an excellent RT. In addition, I don't think Fluker compares favorably to Warmack at all because it's Flukers lack of elite lateral speed would make him susceptible to speed rushers on the left even at OG.

A better option would be former LT Dallas Thomas of Tennessee would doesn't have the lateral agility to play LT in the NFL but has extensive experience at LG as he bounced back and forth between the two positions last season. If the Raiders could trade down and/or acquire a second the Raiders could acquire what is suggested the 2nd or 3rd best LG in the draft in Thomas.

A better question would be why in the hell would the Raiders trade down to move a premiere RT to the lesser position of LG when there is gaping hole AT RT? Come on, people.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
A better option would be former LT Dallas Thomas of Tennessee

I had us take him in my first mock draft this year. Traded down with AZ and picked up their 2nd and took him there.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could he be better than Warmack? Yes I guess its possible eventually. Aren't we tired of trying to reinvent the wheel though? If it comes down to those two lets quit with moving young players all along the line, insert Warmack at guard and not worry about it for a decade as he becomes an excellent lineman. No need to play the unrealized potential game again for a guy who may never reach Warmack's level on the interior line.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Could he be better than Warmack? Yes I guess its possible eventually. Aren't we tired of trying to reinvent the wheel though? If it comes down to those two lets quit with moving young players all along the line, insert Warmack at guard and not worry about it for a decade as he becomes an excellent lineman. No need to play the unrealized potential game again for a guy who may never reach Warmack's level on the interior line.
This
G

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather keep trading down right out of the first or last picks in the first. See if C/G Jones falls or C/G Fredrick and put Wiz next to JV again. Last year showed us we need depth at C and neither Fluker nor Warmack play C. I'd rather have Warmack at 16 than Fluker at 22-38. Give me Thomas or Warford, maybe some injured Tackles like RT Williams or LT Faulk in the 3rd to 4th rounds. The depth in this draft is excellent, but I really don't want Fluker at all. Gibson, Davis just a few huge piggies that didn't translate in quality starters with size and strength. Trade down and get me Warmack and Jones move Wiz and call it a decade. Twisted Evil
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
This

And to think that as a Notre Dame fan, I was bummed 'cause I had an important meeting and couldn't watch the BCS Championship game. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
That said, if we stay at #3, I'm hoping Star L. is the pick. If we trade down, however, I'd be all about Chance Warmack. That dude is gonna beast at the OG spot. If we pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd, I'd like to also pick up Te'o in the 2nd and Kyle Long in the 3rd. That'd be a sick O-line with Veldheer/Warmack/Baby Wiz/Bergstrom/Long, and I still think Te'o will prove the doubters wrong.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you'd draft a slow inside linebacker that can't tackle and may have mental health issues in the second round and a project left guard in the third round?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
So you'd draft a slow inside linebacker that can't tackle and may have mental health issues in the second round and a project left guard in the third round?

Typical Raiderfan draft wishlist sans Honey Badger and any other prospect with a legendary last name.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: