Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JH's 2013 Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: JH's 2013 Mock Reply with quote

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith - QB, WVU

Everyone knows (or should know) QB is by far the most important position on the football field. Even if Geno were an average QB, he'd have more of an impact than anyone else. But Geno can be a lot more than an average QB. Brandon Albert, as of right now, looks to be a Chief next year, so Joeckel makes zero sense unless Albert suddenly isn't in the plans and goes to FA. Geno is a strong and smart passer and mobile enough to be active in the pocket and make a few plays with his feet when needed.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Star Lotuleilei - DT, Utah

The Jags need some interior help, especially if Gus utilizes a scheme with a LEO. That means someone has to play the Red Bryant role, and Alualu could kick out there. Even if he doesn't, Star adds a dynamic DT who, while having a questionable motor at times, has great ability all around and is still developing. I thought about Barkevious and Moore to kick out to the LEO spot, but I think Andre Branch fits that role. Star is an elite DT and one of the best prospects that will help the Jags all around.

3. Oakland Raiders - Damontre Moore - DE, TAMU

The Raiders need outside pass rush and Damontre Moore can provide just that. While not an elite athlete with great explosiveness, Moore can still be a 10+ sack guy and play solid all around. Moore played through an injury for most of the season and was still great, so the Raiders would be glad to get him fully healthy.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel - OT, TAMU

While I think Peters can still be great, he is getting up there in age and has a big contract. Even if Peters can come back, he won't be around forever and Joeckel and Peters as the OT combo will be a sight for sore eyes for Eagles fans. I think Joeckel is overrated, but he's still a top OT and while I might value Fisher a bit higher, you can't argue the success of Joeckel against top tier competition.

5. Detroit Lions - Dee Milliner - CB, Alabama

Dee Milliner was a star for the Crimson Tide. He can cover, tackle, do it all on the defensive side of the ball. The Lions had dreadful CBs for the most part, so a new CB is severely needed. The Lions should be able to generate a decent pass rush just from Suh and Fairley. They need a CB who can take advantage of that.

6. Cleveland Browns - Barkevious Mingo - OLB, LSU

I know I might get some hate from Browns fans, but hear me out - Mingo is about as explosive of an athlete as you'll find and should have great length. He played a ton of contain and while his sack numbers weren't very good, he generates lots of pressure. Some refined coaching will go a long way with his athleticism and Ray Horton should have a fun time with Mingo speeding around the field.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Chance Warmack - OG, Alabama

JH, what are you doing? A guard 7th? Yes, a guard 7th. Why? I did some snooping in the Cards forum and found their run numbers, courtesy of I think Khodder courtesy of somewhere else. They were below 3 YPC when running off the guards. That is abysmal. Chance Warmack may be the best player in this draft and while he plays guard, remember who plays in that division - Brockers, Justin Smith, Brandon Mebane, and the list goes on. Warmack is a violent blocker and while he may not be the most mobile guard, when he gets on you, it is almost certainly game over. He can straight drive and will help the Cards, who get back Levi Brown at LT, improve a terrible OL. I thought about Fisher, but Brown will be back and Massie apparently didn't give up a sack after the 8th game.

8. Buffalo Bills - Jarvis Jones - OLB, UGA

While I don't think Jones should go this high, I think he's got a fit in Buffalo as an OLB. Even in a 4-3, Jones can play OLB in a Von Miller type role. With a potentially great front, Jones should be helped in coverage and can play a lot over on the right side with his hand up since Anderson was a disappointment with just 1 sack.

9. New York Jets - Bjoern Werner - OLB, FSU

I'm not the biggest fan of Werner as an OLB, but it is hard to deny his impact as a player. The Jets need pass rush in bunches, and I went between Jordan and Werner before deciding Werner slightly over Jordan. Werner should bring good pass rush and some solid run defending for the Jets, a team that could sorely use an outside threat to go with Wilk and Coples

10. Tennessee Titans - Sheldon Richardson - DT, Missouri

The Titans could use an interior threat next to Jurell Casey, who is more of a run stuffer. Richardson is just that. A freakish athlete, Richardson can provide all sorts of pass rush and run stuffing and can really push the pocket. The Titans don't have to worry about his academics in the NFL, so he should be a great DT.

11. San Diego Chargers - Eric Fisher - OT, CMU
12. Miami Dolphins - Lane Johnson - OT, Oklahoma
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes - CB, FSU
14. Carolina Panthers - Shariff Floyd - DT, Florida
15. New Orleans Saints - Dion Jordan - OLB, Oregon
16. St Louis Rams - Jonathan Cooper - OG/C, UNC
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jonathan Hankins - NT, OSU
18. Dallas Cowboys - Kenny Vacarro - S, UT
19. New York Giants - Ezekiel Ansah - DE, BYU
20. Chicago Bears - Alec Ogletree - MLB, UGA
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU
22. St. Louis - Keenan Allen - WR, Cal
23. Minnesota - Cordarelle Patterson - WR, UT
24. Indianapolis - Larry Warford - OG, UK
25. Seattle - Datone Jones - DE, UCLA
26. Green Bay - Zach Ertz - TE, Stanford
27. Houston - Terrance Williams - WR Baylor
28. Denver - Johnthan Banks - CB, MSU
29. New England - Robert Woods - WR, USC
30. Atlanta - Alex Okafor - DE, UT
31. San Francisco - John Jenkins - NT, UGA
32. Baltimore - Manti Te'o - ILB, ND

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very happy with that Vikings pick.

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minter is who I want the most for the Bengals

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im fine with Okafer or the next 2 after us in Jenkins and Manti. All 3 of them would be big helps to our defense.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ertz? Yucky... Woods would be better but we really need D-line.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones fills our greatest need IMO and based on your mock the Bills should still get a decent QB with Wilson, Glennon, Nassib and Manuel on the board
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:

I was stuck between Ertz, Woods, and Jenkins. Chose Ertz because I thought he would go better with the Nelson-Cobb-Jones combo and be a different kind of threat.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
RollTide99

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its diffrent idk if Werner fits in as a olb but he does have talent

JMG on the sig
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it for the cowboys. I would rather us take Cooper but in this mock he is gone before 18 so Vaccaro is a fantastic option as safety is also a huge need for the boys.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I was stuck between Ertz, Woods, and Jenkins. Chose Ertz because I thought he would go better with the Nelson-Cobb-Jones combo and be a different kind of threat.
I probably shouldn't have said Woods even. Raji, Pickett, CJ Wilson and Mike Neal all have contracts that are up after this year, we need to draft somebody just in case one or two of them would leave.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Minter is who I want the most for the Bengals

Can he play SLB?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Cards pick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: JH's 2013 Mock Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
8. Buffalo Bills - Jarvis Jones - OLB, UGA

While I don't think Jones should go this high, I think he's got a fit in Buffalo as an OLB. Even in a 4-3, Jones can play OLB in a Von Miller type role. With a potentially great front, Jones should be helped in coverage and can play a lot over on the right side with his hand up since Anderson was a disappointment with just 1 sack.

Good pick. I wouldn't write DE Mark Anderson off though. He was injured five games into the season and had to have knee surgery.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pick for the Vikings.Patterson is my fav WR in the draft and is a great fit for the Vikings.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Nice pick for the Vikings.Patterson is my fav WR in the draft and is a great fit for the Vikings.
I agree. This would be a nice spot for Patterson to land. Right now I think Allen and Patterson are pretty close to each other as far as WR draft stock. I wouldn't be surprised to see DeAndre Hopkins give those two a run for their money come closer to April though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: