Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft #2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UF THE SWAMP 72

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft #2 Reply with quote

Team Needs: OL, DL, LB, DB

R1- Ezekial Ansah DE BYU

R2- Arthur Brown LB Kansas State

R3- David Amerson CB NC State

R4- Gerald Hodges LB Penn State

R5- Omoregie Uzzi OG Georgia Tech

R6- Brandon McGee CB Miami

R7- Knile Davis RB Arkansas
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Big Zeik but I see him ending up in Pittsburgh.

Two Corners? No thanks ... Maybe Amerson, but no need for Mcgee in my opinion.

Heavily defensive draft is nice, but drafting another rb wouldn't make sense in my opinion.

Overall 1,2,4,5 are good, dislike 3, 6, and 7 though.

Not a Knicks fan
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like waiting till 4th round for OL. I think moving kiwi back to DE will let us draft OL in the first. I think Hodges will be a 3rd pick. I like the Knile Davis pick. I would take him or Dennis Johnson in the late rounds.
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Mock Draft #2 Reply with quote

Some comments:

1. Not a huge fan of Ansah, although I wouldn't be disappointed with him. I don't think the Giants have the luxury of taking Ansah unless they fill a lot of holes in free agency.

2. Love the Brown pick. He can play any linebacker spot and has a knack for making tackles behind the line of scrimmage. I hope he isn't as fast as his brother (Bryce) because if he is, no way he will last until the middle of the second. Reminds me of LaVonte David.

3. I don't think Amerson is going to translate into a CB in the NFL. His coverage ability is suspect and he just got lucky with a bunch of interceptions one year. He'd probably be a solid FS though.

4. Love the Hodges pick too. I can see him playing multiple linebacker spots and can contribute on special teams. If we could get Brown and Hodges I'd be ecstatic.

5. Don't know too much about Uzzi, but I like the little I have heard. I'm expecting the Giants to take care of their OL considering we don't draft one until the 5th round.

6. As a Hurricanes fan, I'm not a huge fan of McGee, although I wouldn't be upset with the pick. I've watched a good amount of him (even back in high school) and I don't think he can be a starting caliber CB in the NFL. He could make a roster, I just don't know how effective he will be.

7. Like Davis, as long as he has recovered from his injuries.

Overall, I really like the draft. Great job!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: