Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Paul Kruger DE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
You all realize that Paul Kruger is one dimensional. Strictly rush the passer.
this.... and he isnt even top notch at the one good thing he does
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, the more I think about it the more the questions about starting Dline personnel occur to me.
And I say this with regards to Kruger/ a new elite pass rusher at DE.

Is it possible that the new regime is considering resigning Starks so that it's Staks & Soliai anchoring the
middle making Odrick trade bait ???

I love Odrick but he's simply not athletic enough as 4/3 DE at 300+ pds.
He is tailor made for a 3/4 Deff end at 6' 6" - 310 pds.

Just sayin a 4/3 Deff looks more like 275 pds tops.

sug
Warpticon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
You know what, the more I think about it the more the questions about starting Dline personnel occur to me.

Is it possible that the new regime is considering resigning Starks so that it's Staks & Soliai anchoring the

sug

Salguero suggested the same thing, and it makes absolutely no sense to me. Odrick already moves inside on 3rd downs. It makes way more sense to move him inside permanently and let Starks, age 29, walk than to resign Starks for the 7 or 8 million per he'll command and try to trade Odrick, age 25. Odrick is a solid 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE playing somewhat out of position in our D last year. He'll make 700k this year. His potential value to the Dolphins is greater than his potential return in a trade, unless you think you're going to get 1st or high 2nd rounder for him. Whether you trade Odrick or let Starks walk, you're still going to have to find a full-time DE, whether you sign one, draft one, or go with Vernon.
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

Salguero suggested the same thing, and it makes absolutely no sense to me. Odrick already moves inside on 3rd downs. It makes way more sense to move him inside permanently and let Starks walk than to resign Starks for the 7 or 8 million per he'll command and try to trade Odrick. Odrick is a solid 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE playing somewhat out of position in our D last year. He'll make 700k this year. His potential value to the Dolphins is greater than his potential return in a trade, unless you think you're going to get 1st or high 2nd rounder for him.

The notion that Odrick is as good as Starks "inside" on 1st & 2nd down is NUTS !
I am not opposed to keeping him but in my opinion Starks is by far the best Dlineman by far & that includes Soliai. Id just assume trading him before Starks.
But we still need to acquire an elte counterpart to Wake @ DE.

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

Salguero suggested the same thing, and it makes absolutely no sense to me. Odrick already moves inside on 3rd downs. It makes way more sense to move him inside permanently and let Starks walk than to resign Starks for the 7 or 8 million per he'll command and try to trade Odrick. Odrick is a solid 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE playing somewhat out of position in our D last year. He'll make 700k this year. His potential value to the Dolphins is greater than his potential return in a trade, unless you think you're going to get 1st or high 2nd rounder for him.

The notion that Odrick is as good as Starks "inside" on 1st & 2nd down is NUTS !
I am not opposed to keeping him but in my opinion Starks is by far the best Dlineman by far & that includes Soliai. Id just assume trading him before Starks.

sug

Starks was the best D-lineman for the 1st 4 games and accomplished little the rest of the season. Soliei held down the middle as well as Wolfolk or Ngata and is easily one of the most under valued lineman on the team. Odrick is athletic enough and strong enough to make the move inside (he played the position in college) and will cost a fraction of what Starks will get.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

sug

I didn't say he was going to be as good as Starks, though truly we have never really had the opportunity to find out. The question is, is Starks 7 mil/year better than Odrick would be as a full-time DT? I don't think so. Starks is a fine lineman, but he will turn 30 next season and will be quite expensive. You only have so much money to sign ALL free agents, including your own. If he were coming from another team and you had the same assets you have now, would that be a deal you woud pursue? Would you sign Starks over, say, Michael Johnson, considering what the primary weaknesses of the defense have been? Would you take the money he's likely to command away from your budget to help an offense that finished 26th in the league in scoring last year?
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
SUG wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

sug

I didn't say he was going to be as good as Starks, though truly we have never really had the opportunity to find out. The question is, is Starks 7 mil/year better than Odrick would be as a full-time DT? I don't think so. Starks is a fine lineman, but he will turn 30 next season and will be quite expensive. You only have so much money to sign ALL free agents, including your own. If he were coming from another team and you had the same assets you have now, would that be a deal you woud pursue? Would you sign Starks over, say, Michael Johnson, considering what the primary weaknesses of the defense have been? Would you take the money he's likely to command away from your budget to help an offense that finished 26th in the league in scoring last year?

OK I'm not trying to call you out here so let me try this again.
I'm simply trying to establish that at 30 yrs of age he is still the most versatile every down DL on the roster.
Soliai isn't necessarily an every down DL. I'd also point out that Starks rarely gets a single blocking assignment which is well worth the emphasis.

When I look at the really good 4/3 DLines I see 2 great interior anchors commanding double teams & 2 freakish 270 pounders flanking them.
I see 4 guys putting so much preasure on 5 - 6 guys they rarely blitz from other positions meaning LBs patrol for screens & drop back with TEs.

Obviously I can't ignore Starks salary vs Odricks but then again the thought of Soliai & Starks manning the
middle would command serious gm planning.
And I think it's sdafe to say Odrick is out of position at DE.

sug
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer a guy like Michael Johnson, who should come much cheaper.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
I would prefer a guy like Michael Johnson, who should come much cheaper.

Johnson is going to be near 10M per, I predict. I think he's as good as tagged if he doesn't sign a big multi-year extension with Cinci. One of the main reasons I thought about Kruger is because Johnson looks like a nigh impossibility right now.

Anthony Bennett from TB is another possibility, but I think he's in the same situation as Johnson.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if Kruger doesn't re-sign with Baltimore given the fact that Lewis and likely Reed are leaving, giving the Ravens a lot of cap room. If he does hit FA, I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a fair price, but I wouldn't want to break the bank for him.

Nacho Simulation Football League
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
I'd be shocked if Kruger doesn't re-sign with Baltimore given the fact that Lewis and likely Reed are leaving, giving the Ravens a lot of cap room. If he does hit FA, I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a fair price, but I wouldn't want to break the bank for him.

This!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: