Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IaR Mock.2013.V008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: IaR Mock.2013.V008 Reply with quote

Now Loading Mock.2013.V008
75%
Now Loaded. Enjoy.

2013 Offseason

Re-signings:
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Sam Shields (RFA)
Tom Crabtree

Leaves via Free Agency:

Greg Jennings
Cedric Benson
Frank Zombo
Donald Driver (retire)
Erik Walden
Brad Jones
Charles Woodson (Cut)

2013 Draft

Trade: The New York Jets want to move up from their 2nd to our 1st to draft their QB of the future. We send our pick #26 to the Jets for #39 and #72.

With the 39th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Philip Thomas
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 210
Position: S
College: Fresno State

With the 55th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Corey Lemonier
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 242
Position: OLB
College: Auburn

With the 72nd overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Cobi Hamilton
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 199
Position: WR
College: Arkansas

With the 88th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Darius Slay
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190
Position: CB
College: Mississippi State

With the 125th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: David Quessenberry
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 294
Position: T/G/C
College: San Jose State

With the 131st overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Johnathan Franklin
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 201
Position: RB
College: UCLA

With the 160th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Joe Kruger
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 280
Position: DE
College: Utah

With the 194th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Jake Knott
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 240
Position: ILB
College: Iowa State

With the 223rd overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Ryan Griffin
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 254
Position: TE
College: Connecticut

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Quessenberry Franklin Kruger Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ryan Griffin Idea Had a decent day at Raycom
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a former New Jersian to a current New Jersian I have to say: OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!

This isn't that good of a mock at all at least playerwise. Big reach on Lemonier and Quessenberry, Cobi Hamilton is kinda slow, Jake Knott could be had in RFA because of an injury(despite the fact I actually really like that pick), and I'm not all too sure about Slay either.

On the other hand, I like the Kruger pick and I like your thinking as to where you want the draft to go.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
From a former New Jersian to a current New Jersian I have to say: OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!

This isn't that good of a mock at all at least playerwise. Big reach on Lemonier and Quessenberry, Cobi Hamilton is kinda slow, Jake Knott could be had in RFA because of an injury(despite the fact I actually really like that pick), and I'm not all too sure about Slay either.

On the other hand, I like the Kruger pick and I like your thinking as to where you want the draft to go.

Disagree on Lemonier, Quessenberry, and Hamilton.

Hamilton isn't slow. He's a bit of a long strider (similar to Jordy) but he's not slow. He has great hands though and is a YAC machine.

Lemonier was lighting it up the first few weeks of the season. Then teams shifted their attention to him more. Guy is worth a 2nd, especially a late one.

Quessenberry is a solid player who got reps at C at the senior bowl. If he can play 4/5 (LG-RT) he's going to be a good bench guy. He has a solid frame to work with and needs an NFL weight room.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Hamilton isn't slow. He's a bit of a long strider (similar to Jordy) but he's not slow. He has great hands though.

From what I've seen, I have to disagree with that. Cobi is a bit of a body catcher and requires good ball placement to consistently make catches. If he has to adjust his hands for a ball, he is not a talented pass catcher.

That said, he is a decent prospect. I do like this draft overall.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Hamilton isn't slow. He's a bit of a long strider (similar to Jordy) but he's not slow. He has great hands though.

From what I've seen, I have to disagree with that. Cobi is a bit of a body catcher and requires good ball placement to consistently make catches. If he has to adjust his hands for a ball, he is not a talented pass catcher.
I'm with Riot. Would like this draft except that pick Laughing I wouldn't even draft Cobi Hamilton TBH. You can get a guy like Bumphis who is better than him in the 7th
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

I'm with Riot. Would like this draft except that pick Laughing I wouldn't even draft Cobi Hamilton TBH. You can get a guy like Bumphis who is better than him in the 7th

I had Markus Wheaton in that spot, but I wanted to use someone new. Maybe that Ark-Rutgers game is just forever etched in my mind. Laughing

stallyns wrote:
justo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

I had Markus Wheaton in that spot, but I wanted to use someone new. Maybe that Ark-Rutgers game is just forever etched in my mind. Laughing
Wheaton da gawd. He's so freaking good. He almost broke a dudes neck at the senior bowl running a double move Laughing Super fast too. Beat DAT in a race last spring and DAT is supposed to be running in the late 4.2s-4.3s
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Bumphis is a different type of receiver though. Shorter (5'10" vs 6'2") and quicker. Hamilton is better at high pointing the ball and making traffic catches. Bumphis probably has more experience with the route tree though.

stallyns wrote:
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Wheaton da gawd. He's so freaking good. He almost broke a dudes neck at the senior bowl running a double move Laughing Super fast too. Beat DAT in a race last spring and DAT is supposed to be running in the late 4.2s-4.3s

Part of the reason I took him out. His stock is too high for the spot I used Hamilton in right now. It's totally possible he's there, but he might go mid 2.

stallyns wrote:
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get more opinions overall on this mock. I feel like it was one of my better ones for 2013, but very few opinions on it so far.

stallyns wrote:
persiandud

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Philip Thomas, but I feel like Lemonier might be a bit of a reach in the second.

Don't really know much about Cobi Hamilton, I looked at a lot of other guys but didn't go over him. CBSSports has him ranked as the 12th best WR prospect so unless the Packers know something about him other teams don't, then I think they should go with someone else there.

Is Darius Slay a BPA pick in the 4th? CB isn't really a need, would have liked to see more work done in the trenches here.

Quessenberry is solid, I like the pick there. Franklin is also solid. I like that you are filling the needs towards the end.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Bumphis is a different type of receiver though. Shorter (5'10" vs 6'2") and quicker. Hamilton is better at high pointing the ball and making traffic catches. Bumphis probably has more experience with the route tree though.

I'd actually go with Bumphis over Hamilton, but that's strictly because Bumphis would be an absolute steal at that spot IMO.

So etch out the Griffin pick, kick out the Franklin pick and put Escobar and Bumphis in those two spots and that'd significantly improve this mock. Again, really liked what you were thinking and where you went on this one for the mostpart, just wouldn't necessarily etch in those players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: