Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Skins looking to sign Orakpo long-term
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KERRAKPO9891

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/jul/27/orakpo-diversifying-his-pass-rushing-repertoire/ Orakpo working on new moves

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/aug/7/orakpo-backs-his-stated-desire-diversify-pass-rush/ He then backed off of that said this

I think he said this because he was frustrated at the time about not getting the better of Trent Williams in practice with some of his new moves. But I think he'll show off some of his new pass rush moves this coming season and have a breakout DPOY worthy year. HTTR!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRAKPO9891 wrote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/jul/27/orakpo-diversifying-his-pass-rushing-repertoire/ Orakpo working on new moves

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/aug/7/orakpo-backs-his-stated-desire-diversify-pass-rush/ He then backed off of that said this

I think he said this because he was frustrated at the time about not getting the better of Trent Williams in practice with some of his new moves. But I think he'll show off some of his new pass rush moves this coming season and have a breakout DPOY worthy year. HTTR!
I Hope so. This year he should basically have a normal offseason because the pec surgery was back in September this time, instead of in January like last year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/02/25/with-injured-players-returning-redskins-run-defense-should-be-strong/

With Injured Players Returning, Redskins’ Run Defense Should Be Strong

The redskins run D was a solid part of their D last year, but we all know it can still be improved. With Orakpo, Carriker and Neild back from injury . With Baker and Jackson being restricted free agents and likely retained. The front 7 should only improve next year and that means the Run d will be more cohesive and more stout.

If Fletcher returns, our front seven should be much better next year. We should be able to retain restricted free agent Rob Jackson. London Fletcher finished 2012 strong after he got healthy during the bye week. He had 67 tackles, four interceptions and two sacks during the seven-game winning streak which clinched the NFC East title despite being limited in practice by a sprained ankle.

Ryan Kerrigan will play better with Carriker next to him, and Orakpo opposite him again because less focus will be on blocking him in not only the pass game but run game. Ilb Perry Riley made 129 tackles (just 10 fewer than Fletcher’s team-leading total) in his first full season as a starter. Like Kerrigan, Riley is just 24 and should be far from his peak.

Jackson is just hitting his prime at 27 and the redskins are blessed hes a Restricted FA and not unrestricted. We all know he stepped up when Brian Orakpo suffered his torn pectoral in Week 2. He finished the season with four interceptions and four and a half sacks in his first extended playing time. Orakpo also just entering his prime and is just 26. He is already a two time pro bowler who hasn't reached his peak as a pass rusher yet. He should be ready by OTAs this spring, which he missed last year because of the same injury.

Carriker, had a career-high five and a half sacks in 2011. Like Orakpo, he was injured in week 2 vs the rams and we felt his absence immediately. His absence did allow 2011 2nd round pick more playing time to develop and he did so helping a good run D to the teams first playoff home game in 13 years. Carriker should be ready to practice this spring just like Orakpo. Bowen and Cofield were our 2011 prize FA DL signings who we took away from division rivals. Cofield from giants and Bowen from the cowboys. They will both return for their 3rd seasons with the team and they lead the DL. Cofield had team-high 35 quarterback pressures while leading the defensive line with 36 tackles. Both he and Bowen are still in their primes at 29.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KERRAKPO9891

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/02/25/with-injured-players-returning-redskins-run-defense-should-be-strong/

With Injured Players Returning, Redskins’ Run Defense Should Be Strong

The redskins run D was a solid part of their D last year, but we all know it can still be improved. With Orakpo, Carriker and Neild back from injury then, with Baker and Jackson being restricted free agents and likely retained. The front 7 should only improve next year and that means the Run d will be more cohesive and more stout.

Quote:
... The Redskins’ front seven should return intact if they can retain restricted free agent Rob Jackson and if captain London Fletcher stays who finished 2012 strong with 67 tackles, four interceptions and two sacks during the seven-game winning streak which clinched the NFC East title despite being limited in practice by a sprained ankle.

Outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan, who lines up to Fletcher’s left in coordinator Jim Haslett’s 3-4, was chosen for the Pro Bowl in just his second season. Inside linebacker Perry Riley made 129 tackles (just 10 fewer than Fletcher’s team-leading total) in his first full season as a starter. Like Kerrigan, Riley is just 24 and should be far from his peak.

Jackson, 27, who stepped in when Brian Orakpo suffered a season-ending torn pectoral in Week 2, recorded four interceptions and four and a half sacks in his first extended playing time. Orakpo, 26, a Pro Bowl pick as a rookie in 2009 and again in 2010, is expected to be ready for the start of organized team activities in May.

Up front, left end Adam Carriker, who posted a career-high five and a half sacks in 2011, should also be ready to practice this spring after going down with a torn quadriceps in the same game as Orakpo. Jarvis Jenkins, 24, who replaced Carriker last season will battle him to start in 2013. Right end Stephen Bowen, who’ll be 29 next month, is also back as is nose tackle Barry Cofield, who’s nine days older than Bowen and who was credited with a team-high 35 quarterback pressures while leading the defensive line with 36 tackles.

Good news my fellow Redskins brethren. Very Happy
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't think keeping both is smart. Orakpo is basically on EVERY down and re-signing Rob to what I believe would be a decent contract is just not worth it. Again my suggestion is either keep Orakpo and let Rob walk or trade Orakpo and keep Jackson .

One way or another i doubt both stay and if im shanny i would trade Orakpo and not worry about his shoulder injury again while Jackson not the better pass rusher he is the better playmaker and likely not prone and cheaper, that second can get us a NT !.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
I honestly don't think keeping both is smart. Orakpo is basically on EVERY down and re-signing Rob to what I believe would be a decent contract is just not worth it. Again my suggestion is either keep Orakpo and let Rob walk or trade Orakpo and keep Jackson .

One way or another i doubt both stay and if im shanny i would trade Orakpo and not worry about his shoulder injury again while Jackson not the better pass rusher he is the better playmaker and likely not prone and cheaper, that second can get us a NT !.

You didn't learn anything about maximizing your team's strengths after last year, especially?

We drafted 2 QB's How did that work out?
We signed 2 FA starting WR's. The one we expected to be #3 on the depth chart led the team in catches.

We may have some holes, but this FO is not worried about too much talent at a position.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Dashing wrote:

You didn't learn anything about maximizing your team's strengths after last year, especially?

We drafted 2 QB's How did that work out?
We signed 2 FA starting WR's. The one we expected to be #3 on the depth chart led the team in catches.

We may have some holes, but this FO is not worried about too much talent at a position.

But the difference is they weren't costly at all and I thought jackson would command much more but i was wrong about it Im actually shocked .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: