Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cordarrelle Patterson should be the pick!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I still say Miami should take Keenan Allen or Tavon Austin. They are the best receivers IMHO.

THIS GUY! HE KNOWS!

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
I still say Miami should take Keenan Allen or Tavon Austin. They are the best receivers IMHO.

THIS GUY! HE KNOWS!

How about NO and NO? We can get Hunter and Patton in the 2nd round and they fit the offense so much better. Route runners that catch with their hands. They also make plays with the ball in their hands. Think Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, or Stevie Johnson style WRs. Guys that get open by running precision routes. Once the ball is in their hands, they can make people miss and make things happen.

UniversalAuthor
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

THIS GUY! HE KNOWS!

How about NO and NO? We can get Hunter and Patton in the 2nd round and they fit the offense so much better. Route runners that catch with their hands. They also make plays with the ball in their hands. Think Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, or Stevie Johnson style WRs. Guys that get open by running precision routes. Once the ball is in their hands, they can make people miss and make things happen.

Justin Hunter is a high point vertical receiver. I would hardly compare him to any of the receivers you mentioned.

Tavon Austin is exactly what this offense is in dire need of, a player that can touch the ball any number of different ways, make players miss and take it the distance any time he touches the ball. Lines up in the backfield. In the slot. Punt and kickoff returns. Austin is a player in the Desean Jackson/Randall Cobb mold. And those two guys seem to be doing just fine in WCO's. Tavon Austin is EXACTLY what we need.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

THIS GUY! HE KNOWS!

Justin Hunter is a high point vertical receiver. I would hardly compare him to any of the receivers you mentioned.

Tavon Austin is exactly what this offense is in dire need of, a player that can touch the ball any number of different ways, make players miss and take it the distance any time he touches the ball. Lines up in the backfield. In the slot. Punt and kickoff returns. Austin is a player in the Desean Jackson/Randall Cobb mold. And those two guys seem to be doing just fine in WCO's. Tavon Austin is EXACTLY what we need.

Jackson is very inconsistent. Cobb is coming along but I don't know if I see Austin as the same mold as Cobb. There is something I just don't like about Tavon Austin.

Hunter is considered a vertical receiver because that is the type of offense he was in. Hunter runs good routes and gets open. He is also a hands catcher as well. I want to see guys here that are WRs. Guys that catch with their hands and beat guys deep with their route running. Patton and Hunter are both

UniversalAuthor
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin is 5'9" and 174lbs. I guess when you take into account DeSean Jackson's size 5'10" 175lbs he doesn't seem that small anymore.
hammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Miami signs Mike Wallace I would be shocked if they draft Austin UNLESS Bess is traded. Miami will draft a big WR if Wallace is signed. Also I think Austin gets picked long before Miami's second pick.
NBA: New York Knicks
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammer wrote:
If Miami signs Mike Wallace I would be shocked if they draft Austin UNLESS Bess is traded. Miami will draft a big WR if Wallace is signed. Also I think Austin gets picked long before Miami's second pick.

Fortunately the second round is flush with very good WR prospects....Patton, Woods, Bailey....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Tavon Austin and have always hoped Miami could have a player that can do the things he does but with that said him measuring in at 5-8 scares the hell out of me. 5-8 174 WR yikes
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
hammer wrote:

Fortunately the second round is flush with very good WR prospects....Patton, Woods, Bailey....

Here is where I think regardless of who we sign or resign, we will draft Patton. I think Patton is the best WR for this offense in this draft

UniversalAuthor
BDog19851

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who is on the NFL.com home page? Yep the biggest play maker in this years draft. Also a great article on his skill set and what coaches and scouts around the league are saying about him.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000143817/article/cordarrelle-patterson-would-fit-well-with-steelers-rams-vikings
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at it this way.

We sign Mike Wallace, great, playmaker.

We draft Patterons, great playmaker

We pass up both and draft Patton, great playmaker.

We draft Tavon Austin, great playmaker.

Really we can't lose

UniversalAuthor
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
I'm looking at it this way.

We sign Mike Wallace, great, playmaker.

We draft Patterons, great playmaker

We pass up both and draft Patton, great playmaker.

We draft Tavon Austin, great playmaker.

Really we can't lose

Except for the fact that several of those WR's will bust. If you look at the statistics, the success rate of draft picks is fairly low. The success rate of a player becoming elite is even lower. Throw in the fact that it often takes several years before WR's get used to NFL speed and defenses, and you are looking at a slow development of the passing game if we are counting on a rookie. If we take a free agent, one would hope the learning curve isn't so steep.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, No, No and No,

I'll keep on saying this till draft day......

1) FA Mike Wallace

2) Resign Brian Hartline

3) Draft Aaron Mellette (Round 5)

As far as drafting a wide receiver, Aaron Mellette is all we need to do after steps 1 & 2. I know wide receivers and Mellette is going to be the best value in this draft.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
No, No, No and No,

I'll keep on saying this till draft day......

1) FA Mike Wallace

2) Resign Brian Hartline

3) Draft Aaron Mellette (Round 5)

As far as drafting a wide receiver, Aaron Mellette is all we need to do after steps 1 & 2. I know wide receivers and Mellette is going to be the best value in this draft.
I like this but only if we can get TE Gavin escabar in round 2 then we are covered everywhere
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for patterson I dont see him getting past the jets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: