Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cordarrelle Patterson should be the pick!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great DE and an average CB would put this defense over the top IMO but we have too many needs on the other side of the ball to justify trading up for a DE.
BDog19851

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]It's no surprise that Cordarrelle Patterson tops the list, as Mayock has stated that his jaw dropped when he put on the Tennessee film and saw the game-breaking wideout making plays all over the field.[/quote]

Mike Mayock appears to like Cordarrelle Patterson a lot, having him listed as his top wr prospect. Mayock also mentioned that Patterson is the player he is most interested to see run at the combine, as well as him having the most up side in the draft!
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BDog19851 wrote:
Quote:
It's no surprise that Cordarrelle Patterson tops the list, as Mayock has stated that his jaw dropped when he put on the Tennessee film and saw the game-breaking wideout making plays all over the field.

Mike Mayock appears to like Cordarrelle Patterson a lot, having him listed as his top wr prospect. Mayock also mentioned that Patterson is the player he is most interested to see run at the combine, as well as him having the most up side in the draft!

The funny thing is, Mayock doesn't usually list his prospects based off of where they are going in the draft, he does it based off of film and upside.

To me Patterson will be drafted based off of upside. Patterson is just like Stephen Hill and Demayrious Thomas. Raw at first but give him time and watch him grow

UniversalAuthor
jw33d

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen comparisons of patterson and julio jones this intrigues me

Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:

I personally don't see any at all. Patterson is definitely the less-experienced of the two but the way Julio was playing in college trumps anything Patterson has done. For one, Julio caught/catches with his hands a lot. Patterson on the other hand does not, see entire UF game if you don't believe me. Jones is also more explosive and can take the top off of a defense while Patterson is a possession receiver at best with YAC abilities.
Emerica

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:

Ya I don't see that at all either.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of being tall and fast, not much there.
BDog19851

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i think Julio Jones was a slightly better prospect coming out of college, but the comparison is more so based on potential. Julio is much more of a physical specimen, where Patterson has a slimmer build like that of an Olympic sprinter. I don't think Patterson will run 4.39 like Julio did, but more likely somewhere in the 4.4's, i think low 4.4's, which is plenty fast! Where Patterson is different from Julio is his lateral quickness, he is much shiftier! The big question is, does he have the work ethic Julio has displayed, if he does watch out NFL. A lot of people will be eating crow a few years from now one way or another, I'd bet it's the people doubting him!
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that scares me the more I watch of Patterson is he is open to injury the way he plays. He fights for the extra yard with spin moves and agility. If he places his leg wrong and vince wilfork falls on him then thats all folks. I want a guy that is going to drive his shoulder down and power through for the extra yard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chance of injury stands out to me as well. He will have to learn when the play is a lost cause and get down, and he will have to learn fast! With good coaching he can be special! He does need to be coached up though, but that's why teams have position coaches, as well as veteran players.
Daryl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you want but Patterson is no ones possession WR as a matter of fact Justin Hunter was Tennessee possession WR. Watch Patterson on tape he is consistently running away from ppl n Im not buying the he;s a body catcher part either as someone who has watched more than one game he's played in . Will he use his body from time to time yes but allot of that has to do with placement of the ball to, if it's thrown in a manner where that's then best way to keep the defender from the ball thats fine. Bray didnt have a great season either all those things play a part in a WR's performance J.Jones never put up monster numbers at Alabama but again that was cos of his QB play. AJ Green had better numbers than JJones but they are equally studs.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO thanks. Give me a OT or pass rusher at 12. I'll take Patton and Hunter in the 2nd and 3rd. They are both playmakers and perfect fits for the west coast offense.

UniversalAuthor
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more and more convinced we won't take a WR with the 12th pick, it's hard to justify given how many will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

It will probably be BPA out of OL / CB / DE at #12
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I'm more and more convinced we won't take a WR with the 12th pick, it's hard to justify given how many will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

It will probably be BPA out of OL / CB / DE at #12
I think very highly of patterson but above is exactly what I hope happens
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say Miami should take Keenan Allen or Tavon Austin. They are the best receivers IMHO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: