Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cordarrelle Patterson should be the pick!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BDog19851

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Cordarrelle Patterson should be the pick! Reply with quote

I know this is a highlight video, but if you watch this there is no way you wont want this guy in a Dolphins uniform next year! He is exactly the play maker Miami needs. The way he makes cuts and maintains speed is very rare! If Miami were to bring in Greg Jennings in free agency, resign Hartline, and draft Patterson, the wr core would be set for the now as well as the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I want wallace but I think Jennings with patterson could be what we need. Difficult part is if we grab wr in fa I think it will be in the 2nd we take a wr

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I agree. I want wallace but I think Jennings with patterson could be what we need. Difficult part is if we grab wr in fa I think it will be in the 2nd we take a wr

I'm sold after watching that highlight reel! I think he needs to be our pick at #12 because he is a huge difference maker. DE, WR, and OT are all so deep this year that hopefully Ireland can't screw it up. I would like to see Patterson and Jennings to go with Hartline, Matthews, and Bess. That looks like a lot better WR corps to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 15, Tackles 20 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 15 : Death 45 Joe 45
Warpticon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's amazing with the ball in his hands. The question is how good he is at actually getting it there. He doesn't run great routes yet and there are maybe two tough catches in his entire highlight film, not to mention a lot of it was spent making lesser defenses miss after the catch. Picking him at 12 seems like a waste.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could be the pick unless we sign wallace or we are still in need of a T should we lose Long or not sign one in free agency. The Tackle class is somewhat limited this year and of course I like fischer and lane johnson alot. I have been on the patterson wagon from day one. Just so hard to predict untill free agency happens. Patterson,jordan, fischer and lane johnson are who I have my eye on at 12 right now but still a long process to go.

Last edited by fishfan4life on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sold on him as much as alot of people on here seem to be. Like Warpticon said, I'm scared he turns out to be more of a track athlete than a receiver a la Clyde Gates. I know he's more talented than Gates but im still not sold on this guy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
I'm not sold on him as much as alot of people on here seem to be. Like Warpticon said, I'm scared he turns out to be more of a track athlete than a receiver a la Clyde Gates. I know he's more talented than Gates but im still not sold on this guy.
You could be right I just see alot more movement skills, gates is a ted ginn straight line speed guy who is soft. Patterson breaks tackles and wins on jump balls. He needs wieght room work and the question has to be asked does he want to be great he is a little imature but what 20 year old isnt. I will agree I dont think its itched in stone that he is the guy yet or we should say he is.
BDog19851

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy may be a little raw as far as running routs, he may even drop some balls or have a few fumbles trying to make plays, but his play making ability is amazing. That is why i think playing along side guys like Greg Jennings and Brian Hartline would be a perfect fit. Jennings and Hartline are great pros who can teach him the right way to go about his business, as well as how to run routs and read coverages. I think Jennings would be the perfect mentor! Only problem is he may skyrocket up draft boards if he goes to the combine and runs 4.3 at 6'3.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson is one of maybe ten guys I'd be happy with in the 1st round. I'd be even happier if we could trade back to 5-10 spots and get him.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BDog19851 wrote:
The guy may be a little raw as far as running routs, he may even drop some balls or have a few fumbles trying to make plays, but his play making ability is amazing. That is why i think playing along side guys like Greg Jennings and Brian Hartline would be a perfect fit. Jennings and Hartline are great pros who can teach him the right way to go about his business, as well as how to run routs and read coverages. I think Jennings would be the perfect mentor! Only problem is he may skyrocket up draft boards if he goes to the combine and runs 4.3 at 6'3.
Yes we had talked alot about him last week or so alot of guys are very intrigued with his skill set he could be something for sure
Pickle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Zach Ertz should be the pick,
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the kid, if we sign Wallace or Jennings we wont get this kid. We will adress other areas, we will take another WR IMO to help out but it will be late 2nd round 3rd round, now if we sign Wallace or Jennings and Hartline does not resign, we might see this the pick.

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts
Deets

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. This thread is correct

FF Member #67
BDog19851

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we not draft him if we bring in Jennings? Rookies don't cost that much anymore! Say Jennings gets 7 million a season and Hartline gets 4 or 5 million a season, that's not too high of a number for a group of wr's. I'm not apposed to drafting interior guys, but their easier to find later in the draft, Patterson has by far the best chance of any wr in the draft to be to be elite. Think Julio Jones, A.J. Green, there's only maybe one of those guys a year. Sometimes a risk is needed to garner great reward. I think the staffs main focus will be to surround RT with weapons as well as protect him. We shall see how it goes come draft day, never know what Ireland will do, generally i find myself smh on draft day.

As far as people saying he looks like a track guy and not making great catches. Not sure what you were seeing, because i saw him high point the ball and catch it with his hands, as well as ridiculous lateral quickness. To compare him to Clyde Gates is not an accurate comparison at all. Maybe a less polished A. J. Green, though he appears faster than Green.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: