Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My #15 potential picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: My #15 potential picks Reply with quote

I will do full reports later. What are your thoughts on all these picks?

Ezekial Ansah - OLB BYU
6' 5" - 274lbs

Lane Johnson - OT Oklahoma
6' 6" - 303lbs

Jarvis Jones - OLB Georgia
6' 2" - 242lbs

Dion Jordan - OLB Oregon
6' 6" - 243lbs

Barkevious Mingo - OLB LSU
6' 4" - 240lbs

Kevin Minter - ILB LSU
6' 1" - 245lbs

Alec Ogletree - ILB/OLB Georgia
6' 3" - 234lbs

Xavier Rhodes - CB Florida State
6' 1" - 217lbs

Kenny Vaccaro - FS Texas
6' 1" - 218lbs

Jesse Williams - DT Alabama
6' 3" - 320lbs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Dion Jordan. So. Bad.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Williams but no hankins on there????

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:

Me and TD are on the same page... Wink

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:

Me and TD are on the same page... Wink

And me.

And, I cut Hawthorne, draft Minter.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:

Let's just say, I hope the Panthers scoop him up before we have the chance.

FWIW, these aren't necessarily guys I want us to take, just guys I could see us taking. I'm not too big on Hankins and think he'll fail to live up to expectations if he is taken in the first half of round 1. I do think there is a decent chance we take him, but if Williams is on the board, I'd much prefer him.

But really, it all depends on our DC.

Last edited by tylerdouglass on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends to me. Depends on who we hire as d coordinator.
Depends on if they move tez back to ILB which I think they should.
Depends on if Bunkley fits as our NT.
Also, whole lot of free agents via cap casualties on the market. Interesting to see who we can get and for cheap after we cut our dead weight.

I can't wait to see mingo's pro day/ combine. If he can actually cover, I think his draft stock will rise. Still want jj first but there's no way he is falling to us. All depends my friends.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD
6 28 1

Keenan Lewis
T PD
3 1
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My #15 potential picks Reply with quote

While there is many offensive players I like in this draft, were just are not in a position to draft any of them in the 1st round. Yes a OT would be nice but the Saints do not invest that highly into the position and if they finally did it couldn't be the worst time to do so. Having said that I won't comment on any offensive players.

ANSAH - Love him, kid has all the tools to be great and we can stop all this 5tec talk. He was a 34 OLB at BYU and continued to excel. Dude possesses D-Ware potential.

JONES - Don't want no part of him... I feel he will struggle in the NFL as a 34 OLB. Marginal strength and poor work ethic. On top of that he has S.S., the condition that cut short many professional sports careers.

JORDAN - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the potential of this kid. Crazy athletic ability and length. YOu just don't see prospects with his size that can cover like he can. Once he puts all his pass rushing potential together, dude will be special. Must add bulk though...

MINGO - A lot like Jordan but way more bust potential here. Not quite the coverage prospect but will surprise by being a MUCH better pro player than a college player if he lands as an 34 OLB. Freakish burst off the snap!

MINTER - People called me crazy but I feel he's the BEST ILB in this class! Sneaky coverage ability and speed, top notch instincts for the position and one of the best tacklers in the draft. On a college defense loaded with stud NFL prospects, Minter stood out.

OGLETREE - Major bust factor with Ogletree to me. Long and lanky but very gifted, likely a SAM OLB in a 43 so not a good fit in Nawlins.

RHODES - Another big corner with stone hands that will eventually make the move to NFL safety. Saints already have one of those in Malcolm Jenkins and don't need another.

VACCARO - Special talent! People are sleeping on Vaccaro but he will end up being a top 10 pick at the end of the day. Possesses rare physical skills for the position that is a very coveted commodity in the NFL's pass happy league.

WILLIAMS - NOT a 34 NT!!! Williams best projects as a 34 DE. Although extremely powerful, Williams is top heavy and slim throughout his base. He's a decent athlete for his size but not elite. Relies far to much on upper body strength which will not always work in the NFL like it has in college.

Those are my comments about the players you asked about, However there should be a few more players on here in my opinion...

Other players to keep an eye on...

SHARIFF FLOYD - Great potential as a 34 DE. Awesome blend of size, strength, bulk, speed and athletic ability.

JONATHAN HANKINS - Like him or not but the dude is built the way you need your 34 NT to be built. Wide powerful thick base with suprising athletic ability and great is pursuit down the line.

SHELDON RICHARDSON - Similar to Floyd but with more bust potential. Very disruptive but may struggle setting edge as a 34 end.

ATHUR BROWN - Another top ILB prospect. People turned off on his size (6'1" 232lbs) but very similar to Ray Lewis when he came out of Miami who exceled in the type of 34 scheme Rob Ryan is likely to bring to the big easy. In this 34 its not all aout size at the ILB position, its about engaging and disengaging blockers and dispite his size, Brown is the best in this draft at doing that.

SAM MONTGOMERY - If the Saints do hire Rob Ryan as the new DC and are unable to land Anthony Spencer in FA, Montgomery is actually a more athletic version of Spencer. People forget just how athletic Montgomery is and their sleeping on these two LSU ends but both will eventually turn out to being better pro players than college ones.

ALEX OKAFOR - Sam as Montgomery but Okafor might have a lower celing but is a safer pick.

JONATHAN BANKS - Until the rumor of Ryan being hired, I didn't have a high enough grade on Banks for the 15th pick. If Ryan is hired all that changes. Banks has the best overall man to man skill set at the corner position in this draft and is a ballhawk to boot. He's long and physical (which is the new NFL craze at the position) but also has the frame to add a little more bulk. In Ryan's scheme he will need man cover corners and what we have isn't enough.

ERIC REID - Reid might not be the top overall safety in this class (Vaccaro is) but hes fighting for the #2 spot. Reid possesses something that others don't though. He's a physical and smart player but it's his length that sets him apart combined with his athletic ability. WIth the new craze NFL tight Ends in the league now, Reids frame and instincts will be a valuable commodity come draft night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say Williams isn't a fit in the 3-4 scheme as a NT, but then mention Alex Okafor?

Interesting. Eh?

I agree with most of your other points. You know my opinion on Hankins, I think if we can trade back, he'd be a fine pickup though. I just don't love spending #15 on him.

Same for Montgomery. If we spend our #15 on Montgomery, I will throw my remote through my TV and probably not watch football again until Drew Brees is inducted into the hall of fame. If someone wants to trade up and we can get him later, I'd live.

Interesting take on Ogletree. I see him as a guy who can play coverage on passing downs as ILB or move up to the line and get after the QB or chase down the RB from behind.

As far as Rhodes goes, I think a big strong corner is exactly what we need. Corey White could pass PRob or Greer (whoever is lower) with a good off season (like PRob did to Porter last year) and a duo of Corey White and Xavier Rhodes would bring size that we haven't seen in our secondary in a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Texas, Okafor played a lot out of the 2 point stance than people think. He often throughout his career moved all around the field at multipule positions and is much more athletic than given credit for...

THink Brian Orakpo (not just cause he played at Texas either)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: