Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garrett here FOR-EV-ER, Kiffen, Romo, Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Is Jerry trying to convince himself , Garrett or the fans that Garrett made all the coaching moves ? Everytime a camera or mic is in front of him he spews about it was all Jason.

I think he is convincing all the super smart fans who feel he emasculated garret.

Super smart fans like Troy Aikman?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/troy-aikman-jerry-jones-has-put-jason-garrett-in-a-tough-position.html/

Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was interesting

Tyron Smith's 2012 Review

Quote:
If I were grading him based solely on the final eight games, hed probably get a B+ or even an A-. The improvement he showed as he became more comfortable on the left side was remarkable and a great sign of things to come.

I think we can expect big things from Tyron next season.

^^^mack
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:
If I were grading him based solely on the final eight games, hed probably get a B+ or even an A-. The improvement he showed as he became more comfortable on the left side was remarkable and a great sign of things to come.

And we better, since we passed JJ Watt for him.

- I do think that Tyron will end up being a top 3 OT in the NFL, and I think that he will have taken a big step towards that next season.
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we extend Romo or are planning to extend Romo, doesn't that make rebuilding the offensive line top priority? I realize this is a deep draft for D Linemen and a lot of us would like to see us land a prize for Kiffin. However it would seem pointless to extend Romo and then not focus on the offensive line in the draft. Romo needs to be protected and so will our investment in him.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

- I do think that Tyron will end up being a top 3 OT in the NFL, and I think that he will have taken a big step towards that next season.

Tyron will be dominant. We are in the same position this year. Do we draft dl or ol in the first ? The good thing is we can get both in the first two rounds this year.

Last edited by Football Mensa on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
If we extend Romo or are planning to extend Romo, doesn't that make rebuilding the offensive line top priority? I realize this is a deep draft for D Linemen and a lot of us would like to see us land a prize for Kiffin. However it would seem pointless to extend Romo and then not focus on the offensive line in the draft. Romo needs to be protected and so will our investment in him.

I think the great thing about this particular draft is that it is loaded at the three biggest areas of need for us. In the first four rounds we can come out with some really good players. Something like Sheldon Richardson/Shariff Floyd, Larry Warford/Travis Frederick, Phillip Thomas/Tony Jefferson, and Brian Schwenke/Alvin Bailey. Something combination of those guys would be a solid draft right there, and all would be great value picks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

I would like to disagree with that.

By taking Tyron we got two players instead of one.

Since we took TyronWe got: Tyron Smith + Romo's Life

If we took JJ watt: Just JJ.

I like our option better. Wink

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin Watkins posted this article today:

The Hate For Tony Romo

Quote:
The interesting thing about Romo is his off-the-field antics have been nothing to worry about. He plays soccer and basketball in the offseason, has had a few celebrity girlfriends, visited Cabo during the bye week of the playoffs in 2007, and last year donated $1 million to Dr. Tony Evans' Urban Alternative to help raise money for a national Church Adopt-A-School initiative.

He's never been in trouble with the law. Never been popped for PEDs. He's played in pain and challenges his teammates in private and in public settings.

So why the hate?

Romo plays for America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys, and with that comes expectations. Since becoming the starter in 2006, Romo has won one playoff game and is 1-6 in win-or-go-home games.

I'll say this: you guys know that I can't stand Romo because he's the biggest choke artist that this team has ever known, but to be on a list of the most disliked athletes? That's absurd. He's a nice guy; the kind of guy whom you'd want to marry your sister. I see no reason for him to be on a list like that.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Calvin Watkins posted this article today:

The Hate For Tony Romo

Quote:
The interesting thing about Romo is his off-the-field antics have been nothing to worry about. He plays soccer and basketball in the offseason, has had a few celebrity girlfriends, visited Cabo during the bye week of the playoffs in 2007, and last year donated $1 million to Dr. Tony Evans' Urban Alternative to help raise money for a national Church Adopt-A-School initiative.

He's never been in trouble with the law. Never been popped for PEDs. He's played in pain and challenges his teammates in private and in public settings.

So why the hate?

Romo plays for America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys, and with that comes expectations. Since becoming the starter in 2006, Romo has won one playoff game and is 1-6 in win-or-go-home games.

I'll say this: you guys know that I can't stand Romo because he's the biggest choke artist that this team has ever known, but to be on a list of the most disliked athletes? That's absurd. He's a nice guy; the kind of guy whom you'd want to marry your sister. I see no reason for him to be on a list like that.

I agree. Why do athletes hate him? He is a phenomenal person

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

I would like to disagree with that.

By taking Tyron we got two players instead of one.

Since we took TyronWe got: Tyron Smith + Romo's Life

If we took JJ watt: Just JJ.

I like our option better. Wink

You do know it takes 5 other guys to save Romo's life...
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawford Better Fit in 4-3

Quote:
In this defense, you want linemen that can get up the field in a hurry and Crawford can do that. He is the perfect size to handle that role, plus for such a young guy he plays with really nice technique that could develop into an every down player for this team.

Broaddus seems confident Crawford will excel in the new scheme

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus
@Mattfen2: @BryanBroaddus would you take the Guard Pugh in 2nd rd? Know the scouts like him as an option.

I'm assuming he's referring to our scouts. I know the team was spotted talking with Kyle Long at the Senior Bowl. Think it's safe to say we're going to go OL in the first two rounds.

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus
@MrMinas: @BryanBroaddus who should be reworked and who should be cut out of Austin & Free? Gut says it will be Free.

Seems pretty confident Free is going to be cut as well.

^^^mack
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Garrett here FOR-EV-ER, Kiffen, Romo, Free Agency"

For-ever-ever?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^mack
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Crawford Better Fit in 4-3

Quote:
In this defense, you want linemen that can get up the field in a hurry and Crawford can do that. He is the perfect size to handle that role, plus for such a young guy he plays with really nice technique that could develop into an every down player for this team.

Broaddus seems confident Crawford will excel in the new scheme

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus
@Mattfen2: @BryanBroaddus would you take the Guard Pugh in 2nd rd? Know the scouts like him as an option.

I'm assuming he's referring to our scouts. I know the team was spotted talking with Kyle Long at the Senior Bowl. Think it's safe to say we're going to go OL in the first two rounds.

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus
@MrMinas: @BryanBroaddus who should be reworked and who should be cut out of Austin & Free? Gut says it will be Free.

Seems pretty confident Free is going to be cut as well.

Just because that the Cowboys like Pugh in the 2nd Round. What make you think that they will go OL in the 1st as well? If they are looking at OL in the 2nd makes me think that there lookinf at another position in the 1st.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he meant that we will look to go OL in either round 1 or 2, not both

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: