Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General's Mock after 4-3 conversion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, the average SAM linebacker in monte kiffins tampa 2:
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/1/28/3926174/where-does-alex-albright-fit-in-the-new-dallas-2-scheme

Quote:
Before we say that Sims is too small (6-0, 230), I want to point out that Jonathan Bales did some excellent research on the average size of Monte Kiffin's defensive players in Tampa Bay from 2003-2008. According to Bales, the average strong-side linebacker stood in at 6-1, and weighed 235 pounds. So by looking over the average size of Kiffin's Sam linebacker, Sims would be pretty close to an ideal fit.

I dont think size really matters to kiffin. It will all be about ability and if they can do what he asks of them.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/1/28/3926174/where-does-alex-albright-fit-in-the-new-dallas-2-scheme

Quote:
Before we say that Sims is too small (6-0, 230), I want to point out that Jonathan Bales did some excellent research on the average size of Monte Kiffin's defensive players in Tampa Bay from 2003-2008. According to Bales, the average strong-side linebacker stood in at 6-1, and weighed 235 pounds. So by looking over the average size of Kiffin's Sam linebacker, Sims would be pretty close to an ideal fit.

I dont think size really matters to kiffin. It will all be about ability and if they can do what he asks of them.

You think we could be looking at Albright. Wilber, and Sims competing for the SAM position? I'm all for giving Albright and Wilber a shot. I don't know how we could be confident in Wilber, but hopefully there is enough tape on Albright for Kiffin to decide whether he feels comfortable, or if we need to draft someone.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Quote:

You think we could be looking at Albright. Wilber, and Sims competing for the SAM position? I'm all for giving Albright and Wilber a shot. I don't know how we could be confident in Wilber, but hopefully there is enough tape on Albright for Kiffin to decide whether he feels comfortable, or if we need to draft someone.

Sims would be awful at SAM. His weakness is the fact that he doesn't take on blockers well at all in the run game and doesn't shed well. Thats what a SAM must do well more than anything. Sims' strength is flying to the football with little to no trash to sift through and covering which is the purpose of the WILL. He'd be a perfect back-up to Carter as the WILL.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: