Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Quick mock draft Reply with quote

Sorry I keep posting these just trying to get some feedback so when I make my mock offseason I can have all the info before hand

Assume Flacco Reed Mckinnie are resigned
Kruger Williams ellerbe leave

1. Kevin Minter Ilb
2. Chris Faulk LT
Trade next years third and 4th this year to add a 3rd
3a. Brandon Williams NT
3b. Baccari Rambo
4comp. Kiko Alonso Ilb
5. B W Webb CB
5comp. Reciever I don't kno too many but I feel we add at least one
5comp. Joseph Fauria TE
6. OLB
7. D-line

As you can see still a wok in progress but what you guys think?
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens aren't the type of team to trade a future pick just to get a pick in the current year. If anything they'll march on with what they have or simply trade down to pick up any extra picks they would like to have.

The only reasons I've seen them trade picks are for players (Willis McGahee) or trading up for a QB (Boller). We're expected to get a nice haul of compensatory picks this year and if that happens you can definitely bet that we won't be trading future picks. I could potentially see us trading up for a BPA in either rounds 1 or 2, but I definitely doubt we'd dip into our future source.

In terms of the draft:

Minter- I like, but at this point, there are a few teams with needs at ILB... and honestly, I think Minter while being my 2nd best ILB... is probably a better fit for most teams ahead of the Ravens. Between the Steelers, Bengals, and any other team that needs an ILB... I think he'll get picked there. It's obvious to me that he's the much better and more complete prospect in comparison with many of the prospects that draftnicks will have going ahead of him (Ogletree to be more specific).

Chris Faulk- Definitely an interesting player. Would need to pass his physical first, but looks like he'd be worth a gamble on at LT. I still like Aboushi as well and think that he'd be a nice LT option that'll likely go 2nd/3rd. Barrett Jones is a LT that I'd take early 2nd.

Williams- I don't think our NT situation is bad enough where we have to go after a player in the 3rd round. If anything, I could see us trying to add an impact 5-tech defensive player, as Ngata going down really exposed our lack of athleticism with our down lineman... and Ngata has been banged up over the past couple seasons. I'm not very familiar with Williams though, so maybe he could be that guy.

Baccari Rambo- I like Rambo's instincts, but I'm not impressed with his physical attributes. He's not overly strong as a safety, his speed is good, but not great/elite, and his vertical ability is probably only above average to good... but all that said, if he falls to the 3rd round... he'd be a steal.

Alonso- Still haven't watched his tape.

BW Webb- If this is the guy who lit up the senior bowl, there's not much chance that he falls this far.

Fauria- I like him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: