Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finding the next Ray Lewis and Ed Reed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigballin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Finding the next Ray Lewis and Ed Reed Reply with quote

Chiefs fan here...

Just want to say congrats...now to the offseason.

I was thinking football, then started thinking Ravens football, and what they will have to do to make it back to the Super Bowl.

Well... Mr. Joe Flacco is going to cost alot of money. Which I see being created when Ray Lewis retires and Ed Reed goes which ever direction he goes which I don't think will be with you all. Not because he doesn't want to but because he will just cost too much.

Luckily this is a very deep class at ILB and there is an Ed Reed clone in this draft. So who do you all see getting drafted at #32. I see that alot of you all are thinking that you will trade down. I don't see that happening.

I see it going like this...

#32- FS Matt Elam Florida- Ed Reed clone.

#64- Your top ILB still avaliabe and it is a very deep class for ILB, a position that historically is underdrafted. So it could be - Manti Teo, Kevin Minter, Arthur Brown, Jon Bostic, or Nico Johnson.

Question though, who is currently your all's top ILB to replace Ray and do you think it is probable that you trade up to draft him? As I really see no way that you all pass on Matt Elam as this class is much deeper at ILB than it is at FS and Elam reminds me so much of Ed Reed.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown. He's my top ILB in this draft. He's simply so fast with some great instincts. He excels in coverage as well. Kevin Minter is a close second.

With regard to Elam, I think he's a little more Troy Polanalu than Reed, but I agree that he should be a definite target in the first round.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we get Reed back. But only FS in this draft I like is Rambo. His instincts are unbelievable. Elam doesn't wow me.

I am becoming convinced Khaseem Greene is a Raven. Been studying him a lot. Has pretty much all the qualities that go along with a typical Ravens player. Leadership, work ethic, ultra productive, physical. And the dude is just a big time playmaker.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think we get Reed back. But only FS in this draft I like is Rambo. His instincts are unbelievable. Elam doesn't wow me.

I am becoming convinced Khaseem Greene is a Raven. Been studying him a lot. Has pretty much all the qualities that go along with a typical Ravens player. Leadership, work ethic, ultra productive, physical. And the dude is just a big time playmaker.

Do you have any good tape on him?

Everyone keeps talking about how they're impressed with him, yet the tape I've seen of him just seems pretty... meh...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Everyone keeps talking about how they're impressed with him, yet the tape I've seen of him just seems pretty... meh...

Rambo or Greene?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Look for the Syracuse and Lousiville games fromt his past season if you can find them. Shows alot of his postive and negative traits.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Rambo or Greene?

Was referring to Greene. I like Rambo... just not as much as I like Elam...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://draftbreakdown.com/khaseem-greene-vs-virginia-tech-2012-bowl

There's 3 more at the bottom. Probably the same thing you've seen.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
alfalcone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next Ed Reed is in the draft, his name is Tyrann Matthieu. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fL6UnVkS910#!

The next Ray Lewis, well there isn't anyone in this draft, or in college at the moment, Alec Ogletree or Arthur Brown would be my best bets though.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
The next Ed Reed is in the draft, his name is Tyrann Matthieu. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fL6UnVkS910#!

The next Ray Lewis, well there isn't anyone in this draft, or in college at the moment, Alec Ogletree or Arthur Brown would be my best bets though.

Mathieu is undraftable. Period.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:

You seem like the type of guy that always claim this years draft class is crap and the next one is always better.

Of course there will never be another Ray Lewis...this is obvious. But if you can't find a good ILB in this draft class then consider yourself lost, as this class is LOADED at ILB.

It's also loaded at the WR position, in case your wondering what your 3rd round pick should be.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

You seem like the type of guy that always claim this years draft class is crap and the next one is always better.

Of course there will never be another Ray Lewis...this is obvious. But if you can't find a good ILB in this draft class then consider yourself lost, as this class is LOADED at ILB.

It's also loaded at the WR position, in case your wondering what your 3rd round pick should be.

It's hard to say if the team will actually need a receiver. I have a hard time seeing either Boldin or Jones being cut and I'm fully expecting both to get extensions (each of them will be in the last year of their deals) and that would save cap space almost as well as cutting them.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:

Laughing
Okay, this is simply one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen. It's like Matthieu's one season is getting hyper-hyped. Mattheiu couldn't a young Ed Reed's bootstraps if he had a soap and a toothbrush. Heck, he's not even a better player than homeless Oldman Ed Reed.

He can't hit like Reed used to and he doesn't have the insane range that Reed had. All he has is instincts. And there are better safeties in this class with comparable instincts.

Add in this dudes character concerns and yeah... not only is he NOT the next Ed Reed, he's probably more likely to be the next Pacman.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Look for the Syracuse and Lousiville games fromt his past season if you can find them. Shows alot of his postive and negative traits.

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
http://draftbreakdown.com/khaseem-greene-vs-virginia-tech-2012-bowl

There's 3 more at the bottom. Probably the same thing you've seen.

And yeah... thanks to you guys, I've changed my mind on Greene. I initially saw his Iowa State tape and wasn't a fan. Then I saw his UConn tape and thought he was pretty good, but still 'meh'. But his Syracuse tape is arguably the best tape I've seen from an ILB. His VT tape was also really good stuff. His coverage skills were evident. He was really impressive. He definitely has first round ability/talent.

While Ogletree was a former safety that people like to make excuses about, Greene actually looks like he's found a way to translate his athleticism and coverage instincts as a former safety into the ILB spot, while also working hard and improving his ability to take on blocks and improving his aggressiveness vs the run. I don't know if he goes in the first round, I don't think I'd be keen on going that route, but if we trade down to the top of the 2nd... I think he'd be tremendous value. I think he definitely inserts himself to be the 3rd best ILB fit in this draft. He's probably not as good a player as Minter (I'll have to rewatch these guys side by side) and I have Brown as my #1 because his speed/instincts combination is pretty insane, even if he leaves things to be desired in other aspects of his game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Kevin Redick out f North Carolina for Ray Lewis's replacement.

Get Dj Swearinger or T.J Mcdonald out of Southern California.

Swearinger could be a HOF in the Ravens system just playing center field, and he'll be more aggressive in the run game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: