Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One guy really flying under the radar is...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: One guy really flying under the radar is... Reply with quote

Chris Faulk - LT - LSU

As a sophomore, a lot of folks were pegging him as the top 2013 Draft left tackle. If he can recover, he could easily be a huge steal and he just seems like a guy who will strike Emery's eye and check all the boxes.

Judging from last year, it seems Emery isn't afraid to go back and look at earlier tape in order find the whole story on a player. Faulk should be a guy who really strikes Emery as a potential steal if everyone overlooks him for Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.

Any other guys you think fit the bill of great 2011 tape (or earlier) versus their bad 2012 tape that Emery might target? (ala. Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Hardin)

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not under the radar here.

The health side of it needs to check out.

But if he is healthy he would make an ideal LG conversion as he has the size, arm length and pass blocking skills we are looking for.

If we go LB/TE in the 1st and the health questions get answered I would take Faulk in the 2nd.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a hard guy to put a value on right now. He was a potential 1st round pick but I've seen him rated as low as a 6th-7th recently.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another guy would be Brennan Williams who fits this "Emery mold."

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faulk would be the perfect pick for us at #50 if he is healthy and we go in a different direction from the Oline in round 1…

For me the best Olinemen who is flying under the radar is Menelik Watson…his combination of size, power and athleticism is special.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Faulk would be the perfect pick for us at #50 if he is healthy and we go in a different direction from the Oline in round 1…

For me the best Olinemen who is flying under the radar is Menelik Watson…his combination of size, power and athleticism is special.
His ability to suck is unmatched as well. Wink He's similar to Bruce Campbell.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

He’s nothing like Campbell…Campbell was a freak of nature regardless of position but just couldn’t play football…Watson has the toughness and nastiness to be a success…he is extremely raw no doubt but he has the tools and mentality to be a success…one thing I will say tho is Kiper is stupid for putting him in the 1st round…he shouldn’t be close to that.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

He’s nothing like Campbell…Campbell was a freak of nature regardless of position but just couldn’t play football…Watson has the toughness and nastiness to be a success…he is extremely raw no doubt but he has the tools and mentality to be a success…one thing I will say tho is Kiper is stupid for putting him in the 1st round…he shouldn’t be close to that.
Hes similar to Campbell. Mid rounders based on athletic ability. Bad tape.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Again...Campbell was a different class of athlete...Watson isn't that athletic but is stronger on the field.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Again...Campbell was a different class of athlete...Watson isn't that athletic but is stronger on the field.
I'm not saying he will have the same combine as Campbell. Similar is not identical.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I'm not saying he will have the same combine as Campbell. Similar is not identical.

All Campbell ever was was a combine…if your saying Watson isn’t going to have that kind of combine then there are far less lazy comparisons to make.
RTD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Faulk but would you take him at # 50 instead of a guy like Fredrick or Warford? IMO they will both be available. I can't.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTD wrote:
I like Faulk but would you take him at # 50 instead of a guy like Fredrick or Warford? IMO they will both be available. I can't.
No way. I have both guys rated much higher.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: One guy really flying under the radar is... Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
Chris Faulk - LT - LSU

As a sophomore, a lot of folks were pegging him as the top 2013 Draft left tackle. If he can recover, he could easily be a huge steal and he just seems like a guy who will strike Emery's eye and check all the boxes.

Judging from last year, it seems Emery isn't afraid to go back and look at earlier tape in order find the whole story on a player. Faulk should be a guy who really strikes Emery as a potential steal if everyone overlooks him for Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.

Any other guys you think fit the bill of great 2011 tape (or earlier) versus their bad 2012 tape that Emery might target? (ala. Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Hardin)
Not much talk about Taylor Lewan. I would take a look at him mid round.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: One guy really flying under the radar is... Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
Chris Faulk - LT - LSU

Not much talk about Taylor Lewan. I would take a look at him mid round.

Went back to school.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: