Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Current Hall of Famers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byuvike88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Current Hall of Famers Reply with quote

After the recent induction of Cris Carter into the Hall of Fame it got me thinking about how many of our current Vikings are Hall of Famers. It's always hard to say because many are in different stages of their careers. I think we have a handful of players with a strong possibility of getting in, and others who have the skill and have the possibility.

Likely Hall of Famers
RB Adrian Peterson- 5 time pro-bowler. Still has many great years ahead of him but he has already accomplished so much! He is a freak!
DE Jared Allen- 5 time pro-bowler. He has 117 sacks in his career to this point, with 7 of his 9 seasons in double digits. Still has a few good years left and will likely be a hall of famer.

Those that have a shot
DT Kevin Williams- 6 time pro-bowler and has years where he put up high numbers in sacks, and has bloomed into a tough run stopper. He is on the decline in his career but for many years was considered the best tackle in the game. He has 56.5 career sacks which is pretty good for a defensive tackle.
CB Antoine Winfield- 3 time pro-bowler. This one might be a little bit biased by me. He is one of the most underrated cornerbacks in NFL history in my opinion. He has never put up huge numbers in interceptions but he always seems to make big plays whether it's big hits, sacks, fumbles, or touchdowns. He always seem to find a way to change the game.
WR Percy Harvin- 1 time pro-bowler. He is still young but has proven he has all the talent in the world to become a hall of famer. He needs to put up more touchdowns, but he is one heck of an all purpose player. He impacts the game through the air, on the ground, and returning kicks. I know there are mixed feelings about his attitude but we can't argue what he brings to the game.
LB Chad Greenway 2 time pro-bowler. Probably the biggest reach on here, but it makes for good discussion. He is beginning to become more recognized throughout the league and he is stepping up well in a role that requires a little bit more leadership from him. Still has a lot to prove though.

Too Early to tell, but those we need to keep our eye on.
S Harrison Smith- Played Amazing as a rookie with 100+tackles and 3 picks, 2 returned for 6
T Matt Kalil. He has Already been named to his first pro bowl and if he continues to play the way he did as a rookie he will be headed to canton
TE Kyle Rudulph. Again probably a stretch but who knows what could happen. He is only in his second year and is a touchdown freak!
K Blair Walsh- He is gonna be the best kicker in NFL History.... Very Happy

What's your opinions? Any players I missed, or analysis that you would like to add?
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just based on your list

Probable:
Adrian Peterson

Has a shot:
Jared Allen

Might get in eventually:
Kevin Williams

No shot:
Harvin
Winfield
Greenway

No way to tell:
Smith
Kalil
Walsh

Adrian Peterson, barring injury, is a guarantee at this point imo. Jared Allen should just keep climbing the sack list so if he keeps his pace he has a really good shot to get in. Kevin Williams has the accolades, however his play the past couple of years has been less than Hall of Fame worthy.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like the idea of this discussion. I really don't see Winny, Greenway, or Harvin getting in, but Harvin has the best shot of those three.

Adrian and Jared are almost locks to get in someday. If Jared had set the single season sack record over a year ago, he would be close to guaranteed. He's had a great career so far.

As for Walsh, Kalil, and Smith. If they continue to play the way they did this year, they will be lifetime Vikings and probably HoFers too. They clearly have work to do, but they have had excellent starts to their careers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: