Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4-3 Under

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: 4-3 Under Reply with quote

I believe that you run this scheme. Billy Davis is on record as that being his system. So could you explain what types of players fit into the scheme.

As an eagles fan with limited knowledge of what types of players you look for it might be nice to know.

K thanks.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, you're right, we do run it.

Anyways, the defensive line is probably the biggest adjustment you'll have to make. One of the defensive ends is essentially a 5-tech 3-4 DE to play over the weak side, which is Red Bryant for us. Next you have the LEO defensive end who plays more of a wide-9 and is asked to focus mostly on rushing the passer while still maintaining his gap discipline, obviously Chris Clemons for us. The DTs are pretty much the same as any other 4-3 scheme with 1 NT and 1 UT, NT generally lining up on the LEO's side of the line to help with run contain.

The LBs are slightly different. The SLB is expected to be able to rush the passer, almost like a 3-4 OLB. Von Miller would be the perfect player for this spot but obviously there's not many Von Miller's out there. Unfortunately we do not have this type of player. Then you have a normal MLB and the WLB is almost like a SS type ideally, someone like TJ McDonald.

Secondary is pretty much the same, changing depending on coordinator.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, shocked this thread is still alive. I thought PowerTripTatupu would've banned you from the boards by now.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently someone is a little over-sensitive a thread of theirs got closed.

Anyways, SoS said it all basically.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you'll like it all that much. Even though it stops the run great (our run D has curiously worn down as the season has gone on though) the big RDE that has to stop the run on that side exceptionally well due to the weakness that side generally is in terms of run defense, that big dude (in our case Red Bryant) will offer, literally, ZERO pass rush. It is downright frustrating at times. Plus it's hard to make it work without some good pass rushing DT's, but you guys got Fletcher Cox, so.......... Color me jealous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: