Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time for Payton to finish what he started!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Time for Payton to finish what he started! Reply with quote

I may be wrong for feeling this way but Iím growing antsy here! I want to see the Saints start getting active and prove to the fans that they meant what they said when they talked about holding people accountable. Payton did that by firing Steve Spagnuolo upon his return from suspension but the hammer shouldnít stop there, players are just as guilty for the demise of this defense and major changes need to made their as well.

While other franchises begin cutting aging high priced veterans across the league, I just have this bad feeling that some of these players on this team might get a pass that they donít deserve. I donít want excuses and restructured contractsÖ I WANT CUTS! I feel itís the best way to put what was the 2012 season behind us and move forward in a new direction defensively.

Am I alone on this?

Does anyone else feel this way and would like to see the Saints offseason to finally get underway?

Honestly I had a great time and enjoyed/appreciated the play of guys like Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma, Roman Harper among others but the time has come like it has for many other franchises to part ways with a lot of these players and look to get younger, cheaper and open up competition across the board to create a sense of venerability at each starting defensive position. That is something that I donít think has truly been involved in this club for a few years now. Iím sick of these high priced veteran defenders getting by on either their cap figure, past production or draft status!

Iím not just ranting here about Will Smith and Jonathan Vilma either. Iím not pulling any punches on any of these guys. Roman Harper, Malcolm Jenkins, Jabari Greer, David Hawthorne, Sedrick Ellis and many others should all be truly evaluated and or possibly released/traded. I understand that some of these guys could still be back and some or even considered cornerstones of the defensive rebuild but in all honestly I just donít feel some of the flaws that these guys possess can be corrected at this point in their career. Whatís the old saying, ďIt is what it isĒ.

I guess in a way I consider some of these guys damaged goods as NFL players, like a young quarterback that has taken too many hitsÖ it just might be a little too late for them, and itís time to move on and cut our losses.

Whatís your take?

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just as anxious to release all these old, expensive players as I am to hear who the new DC is going to be. The thought of Will Smith possibly being in a Saints uni next season makes me sick. Vilma holds absolutely no value at this point in his career, and if Sedrick Ellis doesn't deserve to be let go then no one does. I don't know if we're waiting to hire a DC before we make all these cuts or what, but if that is the case then I hope removing some of this dead weight is priority #2.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
I'm just as anxious to release all these old, expensive players as I am to hear who the new DC is going to be. The thought of Will Smith possibly being in a Saints uni next season makes me sick. Vilma holds absolutely no value at this point in his career, and if Sedrick Ellis doesn't deserve to be let go then no one does. I don't know if we're waiting to hire a DC before we make all these cuts or what, but if that is the case then I hope removing some of this dead weight is priority #2.

Completely agree!!!

I think it's the loyalty this team has shown in the past to their players that has me feeling, "their not gone till their gone". I guess the way I look at it is that as long as these guys are on the roster, it's still the same old defense but just a different look and that's something we cannot have in 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: