Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL.com Bold Prediction: Wes Welker and Greg Jennings?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
The two oldest WR free agents? Not smart when the team is so young. Jennings would work if we drafted a rookie in the first. Otherwise, Wallace or bust.
Applause Exactly my thoughts from the start here. I am ok with jennings and think he has 2 good years left it would work great if we drafted a young WR to work with him and grow with tanny. As for wallace some in here view him as just a speed guy I see so much more he has grown as a route runner and works great on crossing patterns and yeah the 26 TOUCHDOWNS in the last 3 years is the icing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6203
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you to Welker, Jennings I would be pleased with but we need to draft a WR regardless.
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dolphinemidget


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3711
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace or Jennings would be ok, No on Welker
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dolphinologist


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 5562
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Receivers that have been playing with HOF Quarterbacks their whole careers .... I'm not inclined to take a chance on them.

Give me Wallace. Rothlesberger is no slouch but Wallace will have a bigger impact.

The rumors about Jennings have already started tho. The house is sold.
_________________


Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Receivers that have been playing with HOF Quarterbacks their whole careers .... I'm not inclined to take a chance on them.

Give me Wallace. Rothlesberger is no slouch but Wallace will have a bigger impact.

The rumors about Jennings have already started tho. The house is sold.


The one knock on Wallace is, he isn't a hand catcher and isn't a proven route runner. Those are two things this offense looks for.

Not to say don't go after Wallace, but this could reasons they don't touch him.
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Receivers that have been playing with HOF Quarterbacks their whole careers .... I'm not inclined to take a chance on them.

Give me Wallace. Rothlesberger is no slouch but Wallace will have a bigger impact.

The rumors about Jennings have already started tho. The house is sold.


The one knock on Wallace is, he isn't a hand catcher and isn't a proven route runner. Those are two things this offense looks for.

Not to say don't go after Wallace, but this could reasons they don't touch him.
Yes and no he started his career as a suspect route runner that is no longer the case. Bill polian recently gave him high marks regarding his route running. He can run slants and crossing routes all day now. Yes he is not a hands catcher no doubt but I dont care if he catches it with his helmet if he can score 26 touchdowns in 3 years for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judson49


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 630
Location: London
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the Philbin connection & the fact we need WR's.

But I don't see why Jennings should be a particularly enticing proposition for Dolphins fans. I don't particularly fancy watching the Dolphins help a guy out with his last professional contract when he's hitting 30 and has missed 11 games in 2 years.

As Dolphinologist says (although I know he was referencing Brady too), Favre & Rodgers are no slouches as QB's for a WR.

I want the Dolphins to go after Wallace. He makes sense.

The Welker talk is just idle journalism, and not worth thinking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patman


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 978
Location: Tiverton RI
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Welker deal wasn't bad. I am convinced he is slightly better than Bess. Just had more opportunities with a much better QB. Put Bess there and I would bet the results are similar.


100%, I would love to see the pats go after Bess next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12759
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judson49 wrote:
I get the Philbin connection & the fact we need WR's.

But I don't see why Jennings should be a particularly enticing proposition for Dolphins fans. I don't particularly fancy watching the Dolphins help a guy out with his last professional contract when he's hitting 30 and has missed 11 games in 2 years.

As Dolphinologist says (although I know he was referencing Brady too), Favre & Rodgers are no slouches as QB's for a WR.

I want the Dolphins to go after Wallace. He makes sense.

The Welker talk is just idle journalism, and not worth thinking about.
Applause
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MiaDolphan13


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 1442
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/02/14/nfl-rumors-miami-dolphins-frontrunners-to-sign-greg-jennings/
_________________
"I'd be happy for him. Great Guy! He is like Tim Tebow on Estrogen."

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4432
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judson49 wrote:
I get the Philbin connection & the fact we need WR's.

But I don't see why Jennings should be a particularly enticing proposition for Dolphins fans. I don't particularly fancy watching the Dolphins help a guy out with his last professional contract when he's hitting 30 and has missed 11 games in 2 years.

As Dolphinologist says (although I know he was referencing Brady too), Favre & Rodgers are no slouches as QB's for a WR.

I want the Dolphins to go after Wallace. He makes sense.

The Welker talk is just idle journalism, and not worth thinking about.


I think this is the first choice but I really don't think the choice is up to us. We can throw money at them but its up to them to sign. If we get Jennings that is a huge upgrade from what we have. If we get both Wallace and Jennings we have one of the best duos. Win win
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DoLFaN


Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Posts: 940
Location: MIAMI, FL
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welker?! lmao, yea right. he is a system guy.. we need someone with speed that can strecth the field

and we already have Davone Bess, who has the same exact skill-set as Welker... short quick guy, lines up in the slot, runs sharp routes and makes tough catches in traffic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatewood2


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 5740
Location: Kent, WA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't the patsies use the Franchise Tag on Welker? I thought I read that on the internet somewhere.
_________________



NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1556
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
Didn't the patsies use the Franchise Tag on Welker? I thought I read that on the internet somewhere.


You didn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
skatewood2 wrote:
Didn't the patsies use the Franchise Tag on Welker? I thought I read that on the internet somewhere.


You didn't.


They did it last season....

This season they have said they will not be placing the Tag on him....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group