Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL.com Bold Prediction: Wes Welker and Greg Jennings?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: NFL.com Bold Prediction: Wes Welker and Greg Jennings?! Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136881/article/bold-predictions-for-the-nfl-offseason

Quote:
The Dolphins are also flush with cash and in an attempt to recreate the Marks Brothers Miami goes for two of the biggest free agents out there. Jennings has long been rumored to be on the Dolphins' short list.

Click link for rest...Also has Bush gone signed to the Bengals.

Thoughts?

I had sportsgasm, I'd love Welker and Jennings and take someone like Banks or a pass rusher in the first.

Thoughts?
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Wes Welker? Please. We already lost badly on the trade to New England for Welker. Now we are gonna bring him back in the very twilight of his career so he can be overpriced and under perform? No thanks.

I don't hate the idea of Greg Jennings, but I am nowhere near as high on him as most. He is older, he has been injured a lot and he may have lost a step. Not things I'd like to hear from about a high priced free agent. His knowledge of the system is the single appealing thing about him for me.

Frankly, I don't like many of the free agent wideouts available, although any would be an improvement to what we have.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing Welker back is like taking back your ex after she went through a transformation.

LOL. I honestly don't think we need any WR other than Jennings. Sign Jennings, draft Patton and now we have a good WR corp. Jennings and Bess are the Veterans while Matthews and Patton are the young up and comers

UniversalAuthor
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be opposed to it. Frankly I would be a little excited to see Welker back in a Dolphin uni plus you add in Jennings and our WR corps is a hell of a lot better.

In any case though I would still like Miami to spend one of their first 3 picks on a WR because Welker at this stage in his career is going to be nothing more than a 2yr rental.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God please no......

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me how Jennings, Welker, Bess scare opposing defenses? If you double up it has to be Jennings+Wallace or Henderson...basically nothing else even makes sense.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Tell me how Jennings, Welker, Bess scare opposing defenses? If you double up it has to be Jennings+Wallace or Henderson...basically nothing else even makes sense.

I agree. Jennings is a great route runner that can help this team but opposite of him we need a deep threat to push men out of the box to open up running lanes.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

I agree. Jennings is a great route runner that can help this team but opposite of him we need a deep threat to push men out of the box to open up running lanes.

Yeah, running lane would be super amazing.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be a little upset if this happens. Do not like it just when I thought we were on the right path. With that said the media rumors this time of year are a joke
Daryl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible Idea
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:

I actually really like the idea of Jennings + Henderson.

I don't want to sign two high-price free agents and Wallace & Jennings are both going to get pricy contracts. Henderson should come for a smaller price & fit the speedster role.

If we don't get Jennings & Henderson, my 2nd choice would just be to sign Wallace & re-sign Hartline. I think Wallace, Hartline, & Bess could be a good receiving corp, too.

As for Wes Welker... I don't want anything to do with that.

Nacho Simulation Football League
hrubes20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Sign Wes Welker? Please. We already lost badly on the trade to New England for Welker. Now we are gonna bring him back in the very twilight of his career so he can be overpriced and under perform? No thanks.

I don't hate the idea of Greg Jennings, but I am nowhere near as high on him as most. He is older, he has been injured a lot and he may have lost a step. Not things I'd like to hear from about a high priced free agent. His knowledge of the system is the single appealing thing about him for me.

Frankly, I don't like many of the free agent wideouts available, although any would be an improvement to what we have.

That's really not true. You can't look at what Welker became with Tom Brady and the NE offense and think for a second that he would have been the same player in Miami. He was much more likely to put up similar numbers to that of his last season here; numbers that Davone Bess has put up. You deal that for a 2nd rounder any day of the week.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

That's really not true. You can't look at what Welker became with Tom Brady and the NE offense and think for a second that he would have been the same player in Miami. He was much more likely to put up similar numbers to that of his last season here; numbers that Davone Bess has put up. You deal that for a 2nd rounder any day of the week.

But not to a division rival who can get five 100+ reception seasons out of him, I'd think...

Nacho Simulation Football League
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welker deal wasn't bad. I am convinced he is slightly better than Bess. Just had more opportunities with a much better QB. Put Bess there and I would bet the results are similar.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Deets

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two oldest WR free agents? Not smart when the team is so young. Jennings would work if we drafted a rookie in the first. Otherwise, Wallace or bust.

FF Member #67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: