Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this guy been back since the OP?
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the system used to grade TT here is wrong, as well as the notion that he is only "average," there are some things that I wish TT would be better at.

Draft picks are not gold, while TT has hit on a lot of guys, he's also drafted Terrence Murphy, Marviel Underwood, Junius Coston, Abdul Hodge, Cory Rodgers, Aaron Rouse, Allen Barbre, Pat Lee, Brian Brohm, ect... Really what I mean by this is, we've been favorites for landing guys like Randy Moss, Tony Gonzales and Marshawn Lynch via trade in the past, and each time TT has held off and saved a pick, for instance the 96th pick in the 2011 draft would have netted us Marshawn Lynch, instead we have Alex Green. I can't help but think that all three of these players went for bargain prices and immensely helped out the respective teams. Not saying we should have all three of them, but the fact that we didnt even get one to me is not good. Also not gonna sit here and say that if we had made one of those trades, we'd have another Super Bowl, because there are just too many factors that go into that.

I guess my main point is, when provided a proven product at a fair price, TT needs to learn to pull the damn trigger once, even for one of the best GM's in the NFL, draft picks are still 50/50.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it would have been nice to get Lynch, none of us know how it went down though. Might have had pick 96 on the table for all we know.

BUF ended up getting a 4th and a 5th for him. It could have also been expected (by buffalo) that Seattle's 4th might not be much lower than our 3rd at the time of the trade.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iirc, Ted was willing to make the trade for Gonzalez and Lynch, but KC backed out of the Gonzo trade 10 minutes before the deadline and SEA just swept Lynch out from under us.

Moss didn't want to play here.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
All I know is, in 2005, he was smarter than 23 other GMs.

Make that 21, since the Cowboys and Vikings passed twice. Wink

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
AaronCharles wrote:
I am a troll, Hear me trollllolololollolol

...essentially

trolololol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1orMXD_Ijbs

the ending is exactly how i picture him leaving this thread

wth just happened
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I agree it would have been nice to get Lynch, none of us know how it went down though. Might have had pick 96 on the table for all we know.

BUF ended up getting a 4th and a 5th for him. It could have also been expected (by buffalo) that Seattle's 4th might not be much lower than our 3rd at the time of the trade.

If we had offered Buffalo a pick in the same round as Seattle it can't be a surprise if they chose to deal with Seattle seeing they had the higher pick in that round.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These would've been my draft picks since 05 if i were GM.

05. A. Rodgers ~ My pick Shaun Cody. H/S 20/20 right choice.

06. AJ Hawk ~ My pick Hawk or V Davis toss up. H/S Ngata best fit.

07 J Harrell ~ My pick Reggie Nelson. H/S Joe Staley best fit.

08 J Nelson ~ Would've tryed to go up to get mendenhall, if not would've stood pat and taken Flowers. H/S right choice.

09 Raji, Clay ~ I flirted with crabtree but would've drafted BJ also. Ted knocked it out the park in 09 best draft since Rodgers collins. H/S right choice.

10 Bulaga ~ my pick Bulaga, he was projected a top 10 pick, this was a no brainer great value. H/S right choice.

11 Sherrod ~ my pick Sherrod, would've tryed to move up to get mark ingram or Carimi at the time. H/S Jury still out, incomplete.

12 Perry ~ my pick Upshaw, if Perry turns out to be a bust we'll be scrathing our heads for not drafting harrison smith. That kid looks like the real deal. H/S jury still out, incomplete.

So i'd say Ted is a better Gm then us fans, he got us the Best Qb in the league an owl and a window thats open for atleast 8 years.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the spirit of the thread......

I'll say what noone wants to say......
Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox aren't hot.
Dumb and Dumberer is funnier than Dumb and Dumber.
1372 Overton Park is a better album than Boys and Girls in America.

Extreme minority opinions that you truly believe. Makes for a better /mor entertaining thread IMO. What are yours?

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:

Dumb and Dumberer is funnier than Dumb and Dumber.

1372 Overton Park is a better album than Boys and Girls in America.

Extreme minority opinions that you truly believe. Makes for a better /mor entertaining thread IMO. What are yours?

I heartily second the bold. I thought the spirit of the thread was saying something nobody wants to say that isn't true?
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'05 - Rodgers and Collins
'09 - Raji and Matthews
'13 - ?????
Nick Perry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I couldn't agree more. Other than having the best QB in the NFL FALL in his lap, he's drafted Collins, Matthews, some excellent WR's, and I guess Raji although I wouldn't say he's great. In 8 drafts he's failed to draft a decent running back, has a o-line that is horrible, a front 7 that gets mauled against teams with more than 7 wins. I love the Packers and can even be a homer when defending them, but I'm tired of all this in "Ted we trust" stuff. Personally I think he gets way to much credit for what Rodgers covers up. The Packers would be another version of the 2011 Colts without Manning, a 2-14 team. Sorry.. Sad
deathstar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Perry wrote:
Personally I couldn't agree more. Other than having the best QB in the NFL FALL in his lap, he's drafted Collins, Matthews, some excellent WR's, and I guess Raji although I wouldn't say he's great. In 8 drafts he's failed to draft a decent running back, has a o-line that is horrible, a front 7 that gets mauled against teams with more than 7 wins. I love the Packers and can even be a homer when defending them, but I'm tired of all this in "Ted we trust" stuff. Personally I think he gets way to much credit for what Rodgers covers up. The Packers would be another version of the 2011 Colts without Manning, a 2-14 team. Sorry.. Sad

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012101411/2012/REG6/packers@texans?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=highlights&tab=recap

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092400/2012/REG3/packers@seahawks?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr

Both of those games were against teams with 11 wins and great rushing attacks. Our front 7 dominated both games.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Perry wrote:

Our O line is horrible? Only when your 2 first round draft pick LTs are on IR and you are depending upon an aging Saturday at center. Folks tend to forget because of our success TT is drafting near the end of each round so finding blue chippers, especially in the first, isn't easy unless a player drops. When Rodgers fell he didn't have to nab him seeing we still had Favre. A lot of other GMs passed on AR too but I'd wager a lot of them are kicking themselves today. Because of TT we have enough depth to keep winning with guys dropping like flies every week. Having so many injuries is why we run into problems against teams with 7 or more wins. In this last postseason we had more guys on IR than any of the other teams still playing. We had guys starting that have no business doing so. Maybe our strength and conditioning situation should garner more attention than TT. I don't have a problem with our GM.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:

Megan Fox may be the most overrated in terms of hotness of all time.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: