Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could hire Jerry Angelo and get rid of the elephant in the room
Willink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish this forum was updated to new phbb standards

i'd 1 star neg rep OP

thought process is literally moronic

Does he mean TT is an average GM "right now"? Or in general? Why is Safety an "incomplete" if TT actually drafted Collins and had him play well for us? Was TT a better GM in 2005-2010 b/c safety was "pass" and then became average when Collins got injured?

TT is a general consesus top three GM. That isn't for lack of reason. If you're going to argue something contratrian you're gonna have to do a lot better than this. OP seems to suggest he knows more about building a championship team than the guy that actually accomplished such a goal.

Srsly this a very *2005* post.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect

Last edited by Willink on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

AaronCharles wrote:
I'll say what no one wants to say.

There is a reason no one else wants to say it. Because it is blatant fallacy.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said you said it because you can, doesnt mean anyone else wants to say it. In fact is the exact opposite of sentiment, amongst knowledgable fans and people in the league.

He is highly respected and has done a great job. I do think some things are questionable, but far less than many other GMs around the league.

To say Clay is Clay is great, but dont forget that TT traded up to get him, but oh yeah its all luck.

Check your facts, TT is legit and we are lucky to have him.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
You said you said it because you can, doesnt mean anyone else wants to say it. In fact is the exact opposite of sentiment, amongst knowledgable fans and people in the league.

He is highly respected and has done a great job. I do think some things are questionable, but far less than many other GMs around the league.

To say Clay is Clay is great, but dont forget that TT traded up to get him, but oh yeah its all luck.

Fix your avatar please. On topic, you're pranking us or applying for a job with the WI media, cause no sane fan thinks TT is average. Packer fans are so spoiled its so funny. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks man needed that after a rough day at the office.
justo

TheBitzMan wrote:
Welcome to the site, your avy is huge.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
JBURGE25

TheBitzMan wrote:

Holy avatar Laughing

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

Kampman74

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

AaronCharles wrote:

You can't keep trading down and getting a bunch of average players, hoping one of them pans out. We've reached the point where he's just replacing his draft picks with more draft picks.
You can't have a defense ranked in the bottom 5, and retain your defense coordinator.

You can't have a massive amount of injuries, and not look at your strength and conditioning coach, and the way your players train.

At this point, I have no faith we'll actually be any good next season. A brutal schedule combined with the fact that I am [b]absolutely positive Ted does not have the ability to fill the holes of this team. We have seen it year in and year out.

Thoughts welcome.

Actually nevermind, why am I wasting my time?
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think the talent on this time is a big issue, I think the issue moreso has to deal with luck and coaching IMO. in 2008, we were a good team methinks but we went 0-7 in games decided by 4 points or less and therefeore finished 6-10. In 2010 we went 10-6 with 16 guys on IR and still won the Super Bowl! I don't think people really understand that, we had a third of our team out for the season yet we still proved we were the best in the league, that is amazing! In 2011 we were great but we lost a key player in Nick Collins who had to retire. Thats like taking Earl Thomas off of the Seahawks or Eric Weddle off the Chargers, it was a huge and unfortunate loss. And then this past year, we still put up a very good team but we had some holes that were in positions that dealt with injuries, which we lead the league in games missed by starters (49ers were fewest by comparison). Our starting running back misses the year, we have a bad running game. Both of our offensive tackles are on the IR, Aaron Rodgers becomes the most sacked qb. Our pass rush struggles, 2 out of our 3 best pass rushers missed most of the year (Neal, Perry.) Strong safety was a hole, Woodson was out unit the playoffs. I think if we get a healthy team back next year we COULD very well be elite again, but I wouldn't doubt the talent just yet, I just think we need to stay healthy and see what highly drafted guys like Sherrod, Neal and Perry can do.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
AaronCharles wrote:

You can't keep trading down and getting a bunch of average players, hoping one of them pans out. We've reached the point where he's just replacing his draft picks with more draft picks.
You can't have a defense ranked in the bottom 5, and retain your defense coordinator.

You can't have a massive amount of injuries, and not look at your strength and conditioning coach, and the way your players train.

At this point, I have no faith we'll actually be any good next season. A brutal schedule combined with the fact that I am [b]absolutely positive Ted does not have the ability to fill the holes of this team. We have seen it year in and year out.

Thoughts welcome.

Actually nevermind, why am I wasting my time?

Laughing Laughing

Revel8 wrote:

incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
AaronCharles wrote:
<text>
Please try to do this for another GM.

actually, please don't. In fact, we'll all pretend you never even did this one. Humanity is better off.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found TT's replacement.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've found TT's replacement.

Sure if you want to replace TT with Tom Bratz 2.0
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phillipraz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a TT fan, however i do wish he would stray a bit from his FA beliefs. only real issue ive had with him is at the RB position where we just havent had the best of fortunes.

would be nice to see a nice FA signing that can really shake things around a bit but overall im happy with him.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillipraz wrote:
Im a TT fan, however i do wish he would stray a bit from his FA beliefs.

What exactly do you want him to do? Guys aren't going to come to play in Green Bay unless we're the high bidder for their services, so do you think TT should start offering guys more money than he really thinks they're worth so they will sign as FAs?

I mean, if you look at the quality teams in the NFL (New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Francisco, Houston, etc.) none of those teams make risky, high priced free agent moves. You can make low-risk, low-cost FA moves... but TT already does that.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: