Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Ginn Would Have Broke Free...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: If Ginn Would Have Broke Free... Reply with quote

http://deadspin.com/5982436/joe-flacco-was-ready-to-leave-the-sideline-and-tackle-ted-ginn-on-the-super-bowls-last-play

Quote:
How does a quarterback, helpless on the sidelines, deal with being on the brink of their first Super Bowl win? Tom Brady turned away, unable to watch. Eli Manning was giddy, probably planning to ride the Teacups over and over again. Joe Flacco? He was planning to cheat. Maybe he is elite.

Quote:
Flacco (jokingly, we think and hope) tells Dennis Pitta and Marshal Yanda that if Ginn breaks through the coverage team, they should run on the field and bring him down. He says he's willing to do it too. This would have been the greatest ending in Super Bowl history.

Quote:
Had the world been graced with the stunning sight of Ted Ginn streaking down the sideline, only to be swarmed by helmet-less Ravens off the bench, the officials would have flagged it and given the 49ers the touchdown anyway. And then Ravens fans, convinced that Ginn would have been chased down legally and would not have scored, would burn down Flacco's house, New Orleans, and indeed all of Earth.

Man as distraught as I would be if that happened I think I would still have had a good laugh about it.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would certainly have been a sight to see. Imagine the chaos when all the 49ers rushed onto the pitch in outrage, not realising the TD would be awarded. The first Super Bowl to end in a mass brawl?

I wonder if he was getting set to go as he watched Ginn break those two tackles before Bynes hauled him down?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
StRawz11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could see Flacco on the sidelines and it didnt look like he was ready to go make a tackle

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitta/Yanda/Birk's reaction when he tried to tell them to go tackle somebody was just priceless.

On another note, I hadn't seen a north-to-south replay of that final kick return until the Sound FX, and I was surprised to see how close Ginn got to breaking that. If he had gotten through Byrnes' tackle it was only Koch between him and the end zone, though Koch is a better tackler/more physical than your average punter.

Sam Koch making the Super Bowl-winning tackle would have just been too perfect.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Skip Bayless was criticizing him for it like it was serious.

Free Ray Rice
mcdni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Laughing

Of course he did. Skip would fight with his shadow if he thought it looked Purple.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was hilarious. Laughing

Would he have actually ran out onto the field? Maybe, highly unlikely, but still possible... and I love that about him.

The media finally sees a little bit of emotion from Joe Cool and their collective heads explode.

Last edited by Integrity on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:

The media finally sees a little bit of emotion from Joe Cool and their collective heads explode.

That's the funniest bit of this whole thing. Nicole Zaloumis, on NFL AM, said "that's not dull!" about this, as though she was pleasantly amazed that Joe has personality.

He always has, it's just that no one's paid attention and they've taken his press conferences at face value. He's too deadpan for a two minute snippet of post-game analysis to show his sense of humour.

Having said that, I love how uncomfortable he was in the victory rally at M&T Bank, when he was basically shoved out to the microphone. That's the sort of guy you want as a QB, in my view. Someone who is just interested in getting games won and going home.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Integrity wrote:

That's the funniest bit of this whole thing. Nicole Zaloumis, on NFL AM, said "that's not dull!" about this, as though she was pleasantly amazed that Joe has personality.

He always has, it's just that no one's paid attention and they've taken his press conferences at face value. He's too deadpan for a two minute snippet of post-game analysis to show his sense of humour.

Having said that, I love how uncomfortable he was in the victory rally at M&T Bank, when he was basically shoved out to the microphone. That's the sort of guy you want as a QB, in my view. Someone who is just interested in getting games won and going home.
Less chance of the money he's about to get going to his head IMO.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Laughing

I wanted to catch Suggs on First Take today but I didn't make it home in time. If you got a chance to see it, can you summarize?

GO RAVENS!!
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I don't think it was serious. I think his exchange with Birk was the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Cool can only keep his cool for so long.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've told y'all for years my boy has personality but nobody believed me.

Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: