Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine/ Pro-Days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mse326


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 16010
Location: mike23md on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Where do opinions lie about the notion that "WRs with small hands don't catch the ball as well"? I've always felt it was malarkey for the most part, but I can understand the assertion.


It makes more of a difference if you have a QB like Favre or Cutler how just launch it as hard as they can. It will have basically zero effect with Schaub at QB
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3620
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
treece300e wrote:
Where do opinions lie about the notion that "WRs with small hands don't catch the ball as well"? I've always felt it was malarkey for the most part, but I can understand the assertion.


It makes more of a difference if you have a QB like Favre or Cutler how just launch it as hard as they can. It will have basically zero effect with Schaub at QB

Ummm... ouch? Are you saying because of his accuracy or lack of fastball...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mse326


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 16010
Location: mike23md on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
mse326 wrote:
treece300e wrote:
Where do opinions lie about the notion that "WRs with small hands don't catch the ball as well"? I've always felt it was malarkey for the most part, but I can understand the assertion.


It makes more of a difference if you have a QB like Favre or Cutler how just launch it as hard as they can. It will have basically zero effect with Schaub at QB

Ummm... ouch? Are you saying because of his accuracy or lack of fastball...


There's no ouch there? He doesn't throw as hard as them. His accuracy is fine. And his arm is strong enough. But it will never be considered a cannon. That's all I'm saying.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3620
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terron.MF'n.Armstead. #thatisall Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4588
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Terron.MF'n.Armstead. #thatisall Shocked


While that was impressive, I find Lane Johnson even more impressive! He's such a fluid athlete and man he can move!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3620
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Terron.MF'n.Armstead. #thatisall Shocked


While that was impressive, I find Lane Johnson even more impressive! He's such a fluid athlete and man he can move!


I hear you.... I hadn't seen Johnson's numbers before your post (or had a chance to watch my DVR).

I would also keep Earl Watford in any discussion of interior lineman.

So current rankings (for me on O-linemen)
(1) T Lane Johnson
(2) G/T Terron Armstead
(3) G/C Earl Watford

I had Armstead over Johnson before today (and it is subject to change). But I think any of those guys would really help our o-line as future starters (depth for now).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
longhorntexan


Joined: 09 Nov 2011
Posts: 182
Location: Austin, Texas
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Terron.MF'n.Armstead. #thatisall Shocked


While that was impressive, I find Lane Johnson even more impressive! He's such a fluid athlete and man he can move!


I hear you.... I hadn't seen Johnson's numbers before your post (or had a chance to watch my DVR).

I would also keep Earl Watford in any discussion of interior lineman.

So current rankings (for me on O-linemen)
(1) T Lane Johnson
(2) G/T Terron Armstead
(3) G/C Earl Watford

I had Armstead over Johnson before today (and it is subject to change). But I think any of those guys would really help our o-line as future starters (depth for now).


I only saw the guards and tackles numbers up. Is Joeckel not impressing? He was seriously amazing last year at A&M. I know he'll go top 10 for sure but there was serious talk at first overall.
_________________
"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4588
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Terron.MF'n.Armstead. #thatisall Shocked


While that was impressive, I find Lane Johnson even more impressive! He's such a fluid athlete and man he can move!


I hear you.... I hadn't seen Johnson's numbers before your post (or had a chance to watch my DVR).

I would also keep Earl Watford in any discussion of interior lineman.

So current rankings (for me on O-linemen)
(1) T Lane Johnson
(2) G/T Terron Armstead
(3) G/C Earl Watford

I had Armstead over Johnson before today (and it is subject to change). But I think any of those guys would really help our o-line as future starters (depth for now).


I only saw the guards and tackles numbers up. Is Joeckel not impressing? He was seriously amazing last year at A&M. I know he'll go top 10 for sure but there was serious talk at first overall.


He's not putting up gaudy numbers but either is Warmack from Bama, but their tape is all they need to go top 10. Warmack ran a 5.49, but how many times is your starting guard going to run more than 3-5 yards.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 599
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top three.

Tackles
1. Lane Johnson Oklahoma
2. Kyle Long Oregon
3. Reid Fragel Ohio State

Guard/Center
1. Jonathan Cooper North Carolina
2. Brian Schwenke CAL
3. Earl Watford James Madison
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4588
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
My top three.

Tackles
1. Lane Johnson Oklahoma
2. Kyle Long Oregon
3. Reid Fragel Ohio State

Guard/Center
1. Jonathan Cooper North Carolina
2. Brian Schwenke CAL
3. Earl Watford James Madison



Im assuming for us right? Johnson's going top 20 or even 15. And I loled when Mayock was like this is Fragels first full season at OT, he was a TE before this year. In my head I was like, what number you want young buck, because you'll be a Texan.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 599
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I know Lane will go early but D*** he looked smooth through all the drills. Reid has Texan written all over him. TE to T Big Ten and NFL.com compared him to Eric Winston I have been pegging him to us for awhile. PLz tell me someone saw the center out of CAL... I know we have our center and our center of the future but this kid is going to be a staple in the NFL for years to come either C or maybe even a pulling G
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan


Last edited by canyon1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29693
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans met with my favorite WR from the draft class DeAndre Hopkins today!

They also met with Teo. Kubiak was saying positive things about him. Also, I heard there was a TON of people where Teo was speaking. Most in combine history. Some one asked him a question "Are you dating a real person right now?"
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3620
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Yea I know Lane will go early but DAMN he looked smooth through all the drills. Reid has Texan written all over him. TE to T Big Ten and NFL.com compared him to Eric Winston I have been pegging him to us for awhile. PLz tell me someone saw the center out of CAL... I know we have our center and our center of the future but this kid is going to be a staple in the NFL for years to come either C or maybe even a pulling G


Schwenke (C out of Cal) did look like a pretty DARN good ZBS C with his ability to move and get to the 2nd level. Little worried about his anchor, but he looked decent at getting his hips sunk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 599
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS My Apologies
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3620
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
OOPS My Apologies

LMAO... I was not even correcting you.... Didn't notice you said d@mn until just now.... I got little one everywhere so I have to watch MY language (which is why I said DARN in my post)

All good, canyon1 Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group