Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine/ Pro-Days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mse326

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few o-lineman we'll all be watching for, but the guy I really want to see is Brian Winters. Played all over the line at Kent State. 6-4 320, his best position is probably guard (which is where he is listed), but I do think he has a chance of being a RT if need be. I only saw 2 Kent State games and I like what I saw. Not the quickest, but quick enough. Mauler in run blocking. I really want to see if he looks like he can play RT. If he can I'd take him in the 2nd. At best he'd be our RT starter. At worst he is a backup to all positions (except center) on the line and eventual replacement for Wade Smith.

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone knows what days the WRs will be running and doing drills? That's all I really want to see at the combine this year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
We met with WR Terrence Williams today at the combine.

Quote:
@JPalmerCSN: Baylor WR Terrance Williams said he met w/ #texans, feels meeting went great #NFLCombine http://bit.ly/13tPSP5

Quote:
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

Baylor WR Terrance Williams on if hed like to play for the #Texans: That would be great. I think Id fit in good there. #NFLCombine
\

I wouldnt mind him in the end of round 1. Like I said a couple of days ago, he is getting underrated. I see him as a 1st round pick and I like him more of a prospect than Kendall Wright when he came out last season.

I'd love to see him on the Texans. Really like his size, and he looked to run pretty smooth routes. The more people drool over Patterson and Hopkins along with the steadiness of Allen the better for us.

#JDI
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
We met with WR Terrence Williams today at the combine.

Quote:
@JPalmerCSN: Baylor WR Terrance Williams said he met w/ #texans, feels meeting went great #NFLCombine http://bit.ly/13tPSP5

Quote:
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

Baylor WR Terrance Williams on if hed like to play for the #Texans: That would be great. I think Id fit in good there. #NFLCombine
\

I wouldnt mind him in the end of round 1. Like I said a couple of days ago, he is getting underrated. I see him as a 1st round pick and I like him more of a prospect than Kendall Wright when he came out last season.

I'd love to see him on the Texans. Really like his size, and he looked to run pretty smooth routes. The more people drool over Patterson and Hopkins along with the steadiness of Allen the better for us.

He's one of the three I'd like the most, actually. If the Texans nabbed him at the tail end of the 1st, I'd declare the draft a victory.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is he going to say? "They hated me, and the Texans weren't impressed with me at all. Most people were fawning all onver Kendall Wright last year, and How well did he do his 1st year? Buyer beware!!
Just think its a smoke screen for WR in the 1st. JMHO

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hunter came in at 6' 4" and 196. Wow, he's skinny. Shocked

treece300e

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do opinions lie about the notion that "WRs with small hands don't catch the ball as well"? I've always felt it was malarkey for the most part, but I can understand the assertion.
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Where do opinions lie about the notion that "WRs with small hands don't catch the ball as well"? I've always felt it was malarkey for the most part, but I can understand the assertion.

It stands to reason, harder to catch with smaller hands... but IIRC someone developed a "catch radius" methodology which was a combination of arm length, hand size, height, and vertical ability (or something along those lines) that was a more accurate measure.

Also, I think I am starting to get on the DeAndre Hopkins train (and I also staying on the Marcus Davis in 4th round or below train)
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
treece300e wrote:

It stands to reason, harder to catch with smaller hands... but IIRC someone developed a "catch radius" methodology which was a combination of arm length, hand size, height, and vertical ability (or something along those lines) that was a more accurate measure.

Also, I think I am starting to get on the DeAndre Hopkins train (and I also staying on the Marcus Davis in 4th round or below train)

Davis is gonna run and jump his way into the late 2nd; He's this years version of Stephen Hill - a physical monster who simply doesn't play the position well. The tools are there, the size is scary...but goodness, he was not a good WR.

Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very intrigued by Da'Rick Rodgers. He has a ton of ability. He messed up at Tennessee but he seems like has had learned from his actions and has taken responsibility.
treece300e

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
treece300e wrote:

I have been a big fan of Hopkins since last year when I felt Sammy Watkins was more the beneficiary of teams having to stop Hopkins. This year he really showed a multitude of talent with Watkins out. Sure hands, good size, excellent speed, and runs good routes. I would love to pick him up in the first.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Anyone knows what days the WRs will be running and doing drills? That's all I really want to see at the combine this year.

Sunday, tomorrow starts the workouts with the OL and TE's then Sunday is RB, QB and WR

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Justin Hunter came in at 6' 4" and 196. Wow, he's skinny. Shocked

That's a typo right? Laughing Good lord Shocked
I know he was around 205 when he was at Tennessee, but what happened after the season? I still like him as a prospect tho. Nice size (height wise) and good leaping ability. Hopefully he runs a good 40 time.

Quote:
I am very intrigued by Da'Rick Rodgers. He has a ton of ability. He messed up at Tennessee but he seems like has had learned from his actions and has taken responsibility.

Tennessee could have been sick if he didnt get in trouble and stayed with them. I like Rodgers also. I think he goes mid 2nd round.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluker only got 21 reps on bench
Jockel 27
Fischer 27
L. Johnson 28

Oday A. the OT only got 17 reps....

Our Rice boy McDonald hit 225 31 times I believe!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
mse326

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
There are a few o-lineman we'll all be watching for, but the guy I really want to see is Brian Winters. Played all over the line at Kent State. 6-4 320, his best position is probably guard (which is where he is listed), but I do think he has a chance of being a RT if need be. I only saw 2 Kent State games and I like what I saw. Not the quickest, but quick enough. Mauler in run blocking. I really want to see if he looks like he can play RT. If he can I'd take him in the 2nd. At best he'd be our RT starter. At worst he is a backup to all positions (except center) on the line and eventual replacement for Wade Smith.

And then he goes and only benches 9 reps? His tape shows him much stronger than that. He's either injured or had poor training so that he wasn't fit. I don't even no what to say to this.

EDIT: Just saw that he reportedly hurt a pec muscle in the middle of his lifting. That's actually comforting and understandable.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: