Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine/ Pro-Days
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: 2013 NFL Combine/ Pro-Days Reply with quote

When: February 20-26
Where: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
TV: NFL Network Feb 23-26

Official invitee list - http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list

The Drills
40-yard dash
The 40-yard dash is the marquee event at the combine. It's kind of like the 100-meters at the Olympics: It's all about speed, explosion and watching skilled athletes run great times. These athletes are timed at 10, 20 and 40-yard intervals. What the scouts are looking for is an explosion from a static start.

Bench press
The bench press is a test of strength -- 225 pounds, as many reps as the athlete can get. What the NFL scouts are also looking for is endurance. Anybody can do a max one time, but what the bench press tells the pro scouts is how often the athlete frequented his college weight room for the last 3-5 years.

Vertical jump
The vertical jump is all about lower-body explosion and power. The athlete stands flat-footed and they measure his reach. It is important to accurately measure the reach, because the differential between the reach and the flag the athlete touches is his vertical jump measurement.

Broad jump
The broad jump is like being in gym class back in junior high school. Basically, it is testing an athlete's lower-body explosion and lower-body strength. The athlete starts out with a stance balanced and then he explodes out as far as he can. It tests explosion and balance, because he has to land without moving.

3 cone drill
The 3 cone drill tests an athlete's ability to change directions at a high speed. Three cones in an L-shape. He starts from the starting line, goes 5 yards to the first cone and back. Then, he turns, runs around the second cone, runs a weave around the third cone, which is the high point of the L, changes directions, comes back around that second cone and finishes.

Shuttle run
The short shuttle is the first of the cone drills. It is known as the 5-10-5. What it tests is the athlete's lateral quickness and explosion in short areas. The athlete starts in the three-point stance, explodse out 5 yards to his right, touches the line, goes back 10 yards to his left, left hand touches the line, pivot, and he turns 5 more yards and finishes.

College ProDay link

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/2/7/3963682/ncaa-pro-days-for-the-2013-nfl-draft-when-and-who-to-watch

Results:
www.footballsfuture.com/2013/combine/qb.html

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles

Last edited by lumberjackchris on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to watch the Wr's run their 40's

Also they've announced college's prodays, here's a link.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/2/7/3963682/ncaa-pro-days-for-the-2013-nfl-draft-when-and-who-to-watch

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized Zach Allen got an invite to the combine, that's a joke. He's the worst lineman I've seen at State, which is saying something. He was 50% of State's offensive problems. Brandan Bishop, Sterling Lucas, and Tobias Palmer are all better pro prospects.

Sig by matthouston91
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Just realized Zach Allen got an invite to the combine, that's a joke. He's the worst lineman I've seen at State, which is saying something. He was 50% of State's offensive problems. Brandan Bishop, Sterling Lucas, and Tobias Palmer are all better pro prospects.

I'm miffed as to why Nwachukwu and Lewis didn't get combine invites from A&M. Both had outstanding seasons and great all-star game weeks. I think both will be drafted before the 7th.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see Patterson light it up
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe any of this years Qb's would opt out of throwing at the combine, unless they're hurt like Barkley is doing

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combine starts today! Weigh-ins for the OL and TE's today

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Combine starts today! Weigh-ins for the OL and TE's today

While I can't see us burning a top 100 pick on a TE, I am VERY interested in Gavin Escobar from SJSU. Guy is gonna be a baller, might have the most upside in a very stacked TE draft.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans scheduled to meet with

Quote:
Anthony Amos, WR, Middle Tennessee State (EW)
Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State (EW)
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (INT)
Eric Kush, OL, California PA (EW)
Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut (EW)
Will Davis#, DB, Utah State (SR)
Kayvon Webster, CB, South Florida (EW)

per walterfootball

I cannot remember exactly, but I thought we had a low history of drafting players we met with at the combine. Anybody else remember? Question

Also, some guys already jumping out at me with the OL / TE weigh-ins:

TE
Joseph Fauria (UCLA)
Travis Kelce (Cincy)
Vance McDonald (Rice) - has played himself into 2nd round IMHO
Dion Sims (Mich St)
Levine Toilolo (Stanford) - his size = excellent red zone target

OL
G/T Terron Armstead (UAPB) - one of my fav prospects for ZBS
T/G D.J. Fluker (Bama) - just a massive human being
T Roger Gaines (TN St) - another massive human, but probably too stiff for ZBS
T Jamal Johnson-Webb (Ala A&M) - 5 years of football (1 HS, 4 college); huge with a background in basketball - but probably too stiff for ZBS
T Menelick Watson (FSU)
dsorc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a list of players they have already met. Going by the legend for what's in parenthesis EW is east-west shrine game, SR is senior bowl, and INT is interested. For combine meeting that site is using the code COM, but like the senior bowl, don't teams meet with virtually all prospects attending?

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:

2nd round? In this TE draft? This is a VERY deep draft for TEs, one with quantity and quality. Combine that with a low draft value in relation to the position, and I can't see McDonald in the 2nd...either Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz is the first TE off the board, and I can't even see either one of them going anywhere until the late 20s at absolute best. Then you have the likes of Escobar, Travis Kelcie, Dion Sims, Joseph Fauria...I mean, McDonald is probably in that 2nd tier of TEs, but when does that group of players go?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:

2nd round? In this TE draft? This is a VERY deep draft for TEs, one with quantity and quality. Combine that with a low draft value in relation to the position, and I can't see McDonald in the 2nd...either Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz is the first TE off the board, and I can't even see either one of them going anywhere until the late 20s at absolute best. Then you have the likes of Escobar, Travis Kelcie, Dion Sims, Joseph Fauria...I mean, McDonald is probably in that 2nd tier of TEs, but when does that group of players go?

Normally, I would agree with you. (1) Look at the accolades he is getting; (2) Look at his measurements so far; (3) Watch how he performs in the combine; (4) Unless something glaring jumps up, I think some teams will have him rated as the #1 or #2 TE - just watch & see (also, for the record, I personally do not think he is a 2nd round player, but I could see how NFL teams looking for the next Brady-esque player could think so)
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
I think that's a list of players they have already met. Going by the legend for what's in parenthesis EW is east-west shrine game, SR is senior bowl, and INT is interested. For combine meeting that site is using the code COM, but like the senior bowl, don't teams meet with virtually all prospects attending?

Ahhh... good catch, Dsorc!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I add a results link at the bottom of the original post.

A lot of these Wr's are coming in a lot shorter than originally thought....

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We met with WR Terrence Williams today at the combine.

Quote:
@JPalmerCSN: Baylor WR Terrance Williams said he met w/ #texans, feels meeting went great #NFLCombine http://bit.ly/13tPSP5

Quote:
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

Baylor WR Terrance Williams on if hed like to play for the #Texans: That would be great. I think Id fit in good there. #NFLCombine
\

I wouldnt mind him in the end of round 1. Like I said a couple of days ago, he is getting underrated. I see him as a 1st round pick and I like him more of a prospect than Kendall Wright when he came out last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: