Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 3.0/List of NFL Combine Invitees
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5311
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Ogletree catches a DUI pre-combine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/


pretty stupid
_________________
MACKiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigD1123


Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 332
Location: South carolina
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Ogletree catches a DUI pre-combine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/


pretty stupid


I have never understood these kids doing things like this right before the draft. I mean I know he is a college kid and all. But when you hqve the opportunity to play football and get paid handsomely for it. I mean why? In that position I would have my moms or somebody drive me where I needed to go and wouldnt drink more than a red bull till April or so lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 9157
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Ogletree catches a DUI pre-combine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/


pretty stupid


I have never understood these kids doing things like this right before the draft. I mean I know he is a college kid and all. But when you hqve the opportunity to play football and get paid handsomely for it. I mean why? In that position I would have my moms or somebody drive me where I needed to go and wouldnt drink more than a red bull till April or so lol

Ya pretty dumb. Minter is now my #1 rated ILB. Those two were close before.

Good news is with Ogletree and Teo dropping we should be able to get a decent ILB later in the draft if we end up drafting one. Like an AJ Klein would be nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22834
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Ogletree catches a DUI pre-combine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/


pretty stupid


I have never understood these kids doing things like this right before the draft. I mean I know he is a college kid and all. But when you hqve the opportunity to play football and get paid handsomely for it. I mean why? In that position I would have my moms or somebody drive me where I needed to go and wouldnt drink more than a red bull till April or so lol

Ya pretty dumb. Minter is now my #1 rated ILB. Those two were close before.

Good news is with Ogletree and Teo dropping we should be able to get a decent ILB later in the draft if we end up drafting one. Like an AJ Klein would be nice.


Minter is so stiff. I'm not a fan of his at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 9157
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Ogletree catches a DUI pre-combine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/


pretty stupid


I have never understood these kids doing things like this right before the draft. I mean I know he is a college kid and all. But when you hqve the opportunity to play football and get paid handsomely for it. I mean why? In that position I would have my moms or somebody drive me where I needed to go and wouldnt drink more than a red bull till April or so lol

Ya pretty dumb. Minter is now my #1 rated ILB. Those two were close before.

Good news is with Ogletree and Teo dropping we should be able to get a decent ILB later in the draft if we end up drafting one. Like an AJ Klein would be nice.


Minter is so stiff. I'm not a fan of his at all.


I am not either, reminds me of McClain however has more leadership skills.

But if I rank him #1 now and then at least one of the top three move to round #2 as all three could have gone in round #1. Ideally I would like to pick up a 5th and get a guy like A.J. Klein. With the deep DL class in the first half of the draft he should still be available when combined with the ILB rankings dropping.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 14483
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Ogletree catches a DUI pre-combine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/


pretty stupid


I have never understood these kids doing things like this right before the draft. I mean I know he is a college kid and all. But when you hqve the opportunity to play football and get paid handsomely for it. I mean why? In that position I would have my moms or somebody drive me where I needed to go and wouldnt drink more than a red bull till April or so lol

Ya pretty dumb. Minter is now my #1 rated ILB. Those two were close before.

Good news is with Ogletree and Teo dropping we should be able to get a decent ILB later in the draft if we end up drafting one. Like an AJ Klein would be nice.


Minter is so stiff. I'm not a fan of his at all.


I am not either, reminds me of McClain however has more leadership skills.

But if I rank him #1 now and then at least one of the top three move to round #2 as all three could have gone in round #1. Ideally I would like to pick up a 5th and get a guy like A.J. Klein. With the deep DL class in the first half of the draft he should still be available when combined with the ILB rankings dropping.


Klein or Vince Williams would be nice in the mid to late rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIlUZg3Li-Y
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 9157
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I will have to watch some Florida games. I was really against this when another analyst projected that so I may have to put foot in mouth. But I trust Mayock and I usually agree with most of what he has to say. Anyways he says Floyd may be a good fit for us @ pick #3

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/02/18/mayock-likes-dt-floyd-as-raiders-top-pick/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 6470
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Guess I will have to watch some Florida games. I was really against this when another analyst projected that so I may have to put foot in mouth. But I trust Mayock and I usually agree with most of what he has to say. Anyways he says Floyd may be a good fit for us @ pick #3

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/02/18/mayock-likes-dt-floyd-as-raiders-top-pick/


Doesn't Mayock know that Floyd will be a luxury pick once the Raiders overpay the indispensable Bryant? and what would the Raiders do with a 3-tech DT anyways in a 34?
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34559
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell are we tabbed to pick DTs everywhere? The last thing we need is a penetrating DT.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22834
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Guess I will have to watch some Florida games. I was really against this when another analyst projected that so I may have to put foot in mouth. But I trust Mayock and I usually agree with most of what he has to say. Anyways he says Floyd may be a good fit for us @ pick #3

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/02/18/mayock-likes-dt-floyd-as-raiders-top-pick/


I've been watching a lot of UF games to catch up on him. He's a beast. Physical with a non-stop motor. He gets through double teams well and attacks the ball. I'm not a big Star guy and I tend to agree with Mayock that Floyd would be a better fit in Oakland.

He's very under the radar, but starting to pop and I could see him being a top 10 pick come April.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 6470
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Why the hell are we tabbed to pick DTs everywhere? The last thing we need is a penetrating DT.

Because outside of RaiderNation Bryant is quality depth?


_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34559
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Why the hell are we tabbed to pick DTs everywhere? The last thing we need is a penetrating DT.

Because outside of RaiderNation Bryant is quality depth?



He is. That's not the point though. We have NOTHING as far as an edge rusher goes. If the reason so many people weren't projecting Jones or a DE to us was health concerns or not being worthy of a top pick then I'd be fine. But Floyd (whether he should have been or not) hasn't come close to being projected top 3 until some noname does it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 4220
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd would be a fail, i would hate the pick, but still hope it worked out. I just think he does not do anything for us, similar too what you guys are saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 9157
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Guess I will have to watch some Florida games. I was really against this when another analyst projected that so I may have to put foot in mouth. But I trust Mayock and I usually agree with most of what he has to say. Anyways he says Floyd may be a good fit for us @ pick #3

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/02/18/mayock-likes-dt-floyd-as-raiders-top-pick/


I've been watching a lot of UF games to catch up on him. He's a beast. Physical with a non-stop motor. He gets through double teams well and attacks the ball. I'm not a big Star guy and I tend to agree with Mayock that Floyd would be a better fit in Oakland.

He's very under the radar, but starting to pop and I could see him being a top 10 pick come April.

Maybe you can help me then since you have been watching more. Personally I have Richardson ranked above Star and Floyd. He is great against the run and pass and is scheme versatible just like Floyd.

In your opinion is Floyd better than Richardson? And who has the higher ceiling?

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2618
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Guess I will have to watch some Florida games. I was really against this when another analyst projected that so I may have to put foot in mouth. But I trust Mayock and I usually agree with most of what he has to say. Anyways he says Floyd may be a good fit for us @ pick #3

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/02/18/mayock-likes-dt-floyd-as-raiders-top-pick/


I've been watching a lot of UF games to catch up on him. He's a beast. Physical with a non-stop motor. He gets through double teams well and attacks the ball. I'm not a big Star guy and I tend to agree with Mayock that Floyd would be a better fit in Oakland.

He's very under the radar, but starting to pop and I could see him being a top 10 pick come April.

If Bryant wants too much, RM will let him walk IMO. Then we will need DT really bad. If Floyd has more upside, potential then Star I would welcome him.
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 7 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group