Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 3.0/List of NFL Combine Invitees
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Going well until Matt Scott. Wink Would be happy with Star at #3, I think he's my favourite if his heart is fine.

Is Star enough of a playmaker to be taken at #3 ?

He traded down, but yes he is worth it at #3.

Good point,well made. Embarassed
#clueless
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Going well until Matt Scott. Wink Would be happy with Star at #3, I think he's my favourite if his heart is fine.

He traded down, but yes he is worth it at #3.

Yup. Not sure if he will last until 12, but I'd take him at 3. If we trade down and Star is gone then I'd go with Richardson.

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:

To be honest probably not, but I don't really see many "playmakers" in this draft. Fischer is hugely talented and his ceiling is higher but OL aren't called really play makers. Jordan as I said just isn't a fit, ansah also has to much boom/bust potential. I think Star at least will be a solid player, I'm thinking Tommy Kelly without the ridiculous contract and stupidity. Not really worth a number 3 overall but if we can get a good player I'll take it as this stage.

Damontre Moore is another player I wouldn't mind, although he's a big reach at #3.

Last edited by Raidin on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:

To be honest probably not, but I don't really see many "playmakers" in this draft. Fischer is obviously hugely talented and his ceiling is higher but he's obviously OL aren't called play makers. Jordan as I said just isn't a fit, ansah also has to much boom/bust potential. I think Star at least will be a solid player, I'm thinking Tommy Kelly without the ridiculous contract and stupidity. Not really worth a number 3 overall but if we can get a good player I'll take it as this stage.

Damontre Moore is another player I wouldn't mind, although he's a big reach at #3.

Moore honestly might slip to the 2nd round
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:

To be honest probably not, but I don't really see many "playmakers" in this draft. Fischer is obviously hugely talented and his ceiling is higher but he's obviously OL aren't called play makers. Jordan as I said just isn't a fit, ansah also has to much boom/bust potential. I think Star at least will be a solid player, I'm thinking Tommy Kelly without the ridiculous contract and stupidity. Not really worth a number 3 overall but if we can get a good player I'll take it as this stage.

Moore honestly might slip to the 2nd round

I'd be very surprised. I found the love for Moore and hate for Jordan very strange. Both had pretty identical combines in the drills that matter for pass-rushers.
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:

To be honest probably not, but I don't really see many "playmakers" in this draft. Fischer is hugely talented and his ceiling is higher but OL aren't called really play makers. Jordan as I said just isn't a fit, ansah also has to much boom/bust potential. I think Star at least will be a solid player, I'm thinking Tommy Kelly without the ridiculous contract and stupidity. Not really worth a number 3 overall but if we can get a good player I'll take it as this stage.

Defensive players in the top 5 need to be playmakers IMO. At least with Fisher he is going to be involved in 100% of offensive snaps. Star needs to be a 3 down player to be worth a top 5 pick.
#clueless
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost time for a new thread, again... Wow, were addicts.

I am about Fisher or Geno at this point. I really think we need an impact pass rush defender more than anything at #3, but I just don't see that guy this year. Not at #3. Jones, Star, Jordan, Moore, Werner, questions abound with all of them. Trade back then we'll talk about them.

I look at Fisher and I see a mean, talented, athletic player. Legit Pro Bowl guy. The guy passed every offseason test with flying colors and our staff has been there every step of the way to see it. It's a shame he's not a defensive end, meaning there isn't a guy like him at DE for us this year. But you gotta work with the cards you've been dealt. It'll serve us well to have another top line masher and protector on the line, even if the need at DE is much greater. It's not like our OL is all set, so the need is there too.

I am about Geno simply because if the staff thinks he is the guy then you can never argue with a QB pick. You just can't. Not with a questionable prospect (pryor) or an older overpaid starter (Palmer) there. If you don't have a certain franchise guy at QB, it always pays to do something about the position if the staff feels it's right to do it.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Defensive players in the top 5 need to be playmakers IMO. At least with Fisher he is going to be involved in 100% of offensive snaps. Star needs to be a 3 down player to be worth a top 5 pick.

He won't be a 100% snap guy because very few defensive linemen are but he'll be a 3 down guy for the most part. He played 90% of snaps in college. I do agree that defensive players in the top 5 need to be playmakers but when there aren't any what do you do? I wouldn't really mind Fischer at this stage but Star would be my number preference on defensive.

He seems very much like a Reggie and Co. type of guy as well. Good article on him here

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765566400/Utah-Utes-football-Star-Lotulelei-reaches-for-the-stars-in-the-classroom.html?pg=1
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:

He won't be a 100% snap guy because very few defensive linemen are but he'll be a 3 down guy for the most part. He played 90% of snaps in college. I do agree that defensive players in the top 5 need to be playmakers but when there aren't any what do you do? I wouldn't really mind Fischer at this stage but Star would be my number preference on defensive.

He seems very much like a Reggie and Co. type of guy as well. Good article on him here

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765566400/Utah-Utes-football-Star-Lotulelei-reaches-for-the-stars-in-the-classroom.html?pg=1

Yup agree good article and you wouldn't expect him to be in for 100% of defensive snaps. My concern (apart from the heart issue) was whether he was a 3 down player. If he is then he is in the mix.

Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL 32 that Utah DT Star Lotulelei has been medically cleared following his heart scare at February's Scouting Combine.
Lotulelei will participate fully in Utah's Wednesday Pro Day. "He's clear now," reported Mortensen. "At the Combine they flagged him for having a heart that wasn't pumping enough blood. It wasn't pumping properly. ... But he proceeded to go ahead and train. He's gone through extensive medical testing." Per Mort, Lotulelei's agent is sending his healthy medical reports to all 32 clubs, and "a lot of teams" will be in Salt Lake for his Wednesday workout.

His workout will be interesting to see how he does.
#clueless
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Jordan Mills, OT, Louisiana Tech, Senior (6050, 316 and 5.37): When Mills was a late addition to the Senior Bowl not much was expected from him as many had never evaluated him, but after an excellent week of practice where he handled Ezekiel Ansah very well at times his stock was definitely on the rise. However, as scouts and coaches went back and pulled out the Louisiana Tech game film to evaluate this player who shocked everyone in Mobile, they were very disappointed. Some NFL personnel that we spoke to said that regardless of the athleticism he showed in Mobile, he did not show the foot quickness and flexibility to handle playing tackle in the NFL and would have to slide inside to play guard. Despite the post Senior Bowl hype that Mills was rising up boards and could be drafted as high as the second round, we are hearing more like the fifth round now.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Draft-Rumblings-Risers-Fallers-Around-The-NFL.html

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Oaktown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

38 reps for star
5.18 unofficial
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
38 reps for star
5.18 unofficial

Now that's some strengfff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
38 reps for star

That's impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Oaktown wrote:
38 reps for star

That's impressive.

Very.

Does anyone know what his other numbers were? His three cone and shuttle run?

I wouldn't be opposed to him at 3. Seems like one of the few players at a position of need for us. Him or Jordan at this point.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now everyones back on the Star bandwagon...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 92 of 100

Jump to: