Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 3.0/List of NFL Combine Invitees
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Does anyone have a list of teams Reggie/Allen have attended? All I know so far is that Reggie is going to see Barkley and Allen went to Texas A&M pro-day.

Walter Football has a list but you have to scan through it. Most of the teams it mentions for us have UDFA type players.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Continuing my evaluation on QB's and came across one that I really liked. I kept hearing his name but didn't know much about him, but after watching a bunch of games and doing some research I think I might have finally (maybe) found my second favorite QB prospect in the draft:

Matt Scott, QB Arizona

I am really liking Matt Scott. If Palmer is sticking around, I'd take Scott in the 4th and let him sit. He has potential to be something. Under the radar prospect who throws a heck of ball, has good mobility.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, there is no QB in this draft that is worth a pick. We need to go defense all the way through and wait till next year to select a QB, based on Pryor not taking over the starting QB that is. I honestly hope he does take over during training camp. I have faith in him...

But in regards to selecting a QB in this draft... Not the best decision.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at those few Matt Scott videos I wouldn't touch him until at least the 6th. One read and then run when he isn't open doesn't fill me with confidence.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Looking at those few Matt Scott videos I wouldn't touch him until at least the 6th. One read and then run when he isn't open doesn't fill me with confidence.

So you judge solely on what the coaches asked him to do?

If you watched his offseason workouts, he has live arm, good touch and accuracy with the ball. He will be developmental, but judge on what skills he possesses not what he was asked to do in college because obviously part of that development in the pros will be learning a teams offense, progressions, etc.

The important thing is he has all the skills you look for in a QB to develop.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
IMHO, there is no QB in this draft that is worth a pick. We need to go defense all the way through and wait till next year to select a QB, based on Pryor not taking over the starting QB that is. I honestly hope he does take over during training camp. I have faith in him...

Why? Because they are not getting the media hype and there is not an RGIII/Luck type guy?

There are some good QBs in this draft. They are simply being devalued by the media because of last years explosive class of rookie QBs.

Putting your faith in Pryor and his lackluster arm and downplaying this class of QBs is a put of an oxymoron.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

Why? Because they are not getting the media hype and there is not an RGIII/Luck type guy?

There are some good QBs in this draft. They are simply being devalued by the media because of last years explosive class of rookie QBs.

Putting your faith in Pryor and his lackluster arm and downplaying this class of QBs is a put of an oxymoron.

Not really, since we're already stuck with Pryor. But you're right about the other stuff.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

Not really, since we're already stuck with Pryor. But you're right about the other stuff.

Are we stuck with Pryor? Allen said he wanted to bring in 2 QBs at least to compete. Clearly they have little faith in Pryor's long term value as a QB.

If they find 2 better QBs, I could see Pryor being cut in TC. If they draft a rookie passer out of this class, he's gone I'd almost guarantee it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:

If you watched his offseason workouts, he has live arm, good touch and accuracy with the ball. He will be developmental, but judge on what skills he possesses not what he was asked to do in college because obviously part of that development in the pros will be learning a teams offense, progressions, etc.

Why would coaches tell a player never to make reads if he was able to? There is no sense in that logic at all, I just can't imagine a coaches seeing a QB who can make reads but telling him never to do it. Far more likely they realised he can't do it so didn't ask him to. Personally I considered showing the ability to make even basic reads as an important skills needed in a QB.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it is they aren't going to pay Palmer that much to be a backup. If they draft a QB in round 1 he will most likely have to start.

Now they could release Palmer but if they are not confident enough in Pryor to start they would likely want a good backup QB in which none are really left. Trading Palmer would be the only ideal situation here so they can get at least some value out of it. But the chances there are not great(should be but there not).

If it were me I would fill as many holes as I can this season, role with Palmer and see if you have something in Pryor. If not next season move up to get the guy you really want now that some holes are filled and you have the cap space to fill the rest in FA.

Worst case you wait a year to get your QB of the future but you get the guy you want but have to give up some picks to get him.

Best case, Pryor works out and get to keep all your picks and add a solid vet in FA or draft prospect behind him. By the start of the 2014 season you look more like a complete team.

With all that said I could still see them taking Geno and I wouldn't hate it, just not the route I would go.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

NO, not based on media hype. Based on the fact that there seem to be no blue chip QBs in this draft. The best thing to do is build this defense into a very good one and then build off of that. Defense wins championships, a good QB can help you get there. We need to build this pathetic unit of a defense to get anywhere. If we don't then we're going to get battered like last year. Nobody wants to see their team get butt beaten by giving up 42.25 points/game over a four game span, and giving up 30+ points six times in a 16 game season.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last thing I would want is to draft a QB to replace Carson, have that QB sit for a year only to have Carson have a career year and lead us to the playoffs.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
The last thing I would want is to draft a QB to replace Carson, have that QB sit for a year only to have Carson have a career year and lead us to the playoffs.

And why is that?
Silver&Black88

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

Are we stuck with Pryor? Allen said he wanted to bring in 2 QBs at least to compete. Clearly they have little faith in Pryor's long term value as a QB.

If they find 2 better QBs, I could see Pryor being cut in TC. If they draft a rookie passer out of this class, he's gone I'd almost guarantee it.

I should have said: Pryor is already on the roster.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
big_palooka

Raidin wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Why would coaches tell a player never to make reads if he was able to? There is no sense in that logic at all, I just can't imagine a coaches seeing a QB who can make reads but telling him never to do it. Far more likely they realised he can't do it so didn't ask him to. Personally I considered showing the ability to make even basic reads as an important skills needed in a QB.

Athletic QB who ran the read option. Kaepernick did the same thing at Nevada. One read and run. Everyone questioned his ability to read a defense, etc. Good QB coaching in the pros and now look what SF has.

Point is spending a 4th round pick on a QB w/ all the tools and developing them is a good play. Saying you'd not spend anything over a 6th (he won't last past the 4th) because of the offense he ran in college is just meh.

Skills for the positions trump the offense in college. Can he make all the throws, yes. Showed good footwork in offseason drills. Recognized as a great leader at AZ. That is the stuff I want in a QB. Let the coaches teach him the system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 90 of 100

Jump to: