Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Minnesnowta mock offseason/draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minnesnowta vk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Minnesnowta mock offseason/draft Reply with quote

1st off let's deal with Percy Frazier has been saying nothing but positive things about harvin and the team so let's just assume we keep and extend him

Players let go

J. Brinkley
D. Aromashodu
M. Mitchell
A. Sendejo
M. Sherels

Players cut

M. Jenkins- old to slow
C. Johnson- just hasent cut

Players re-signed

E. Henderson- 1 year prove it deal
J. Berger- 1 year vet depth
J. Felton- 3 year deal lock up a big part of AP's rushing success
AJ. Jefferson- 1 year good depth
P. Loadholt- 5 year lock him up for the long haul he has got better every year
J. Sanford- 1 year good ST and depth
J. Simpson- 1 year see if he can live up to his potential
J. Schwartz- 1 year give him another year to see what he can do him and fusco can fight it out for RG
T. Kropog- depth

Restructured/extended

K. Williams 2 year 10 million
J. Allen 4 year 42 million

Team needs going into FA/draft
MLB
G
DT
FS
WR
OLB

Depth RB, CB, QB, WR

Free agent signings

A. Levitre- 5 year Steve Hutchinson all over the bills just used all their cap space last year in signing Mario Williams and with Byrd and Levitre both free agents they will have to make the hard choice. In signing Levitre it will give the Vikings the top line in the NFL and should help out AP and give ponder some more time

Glen Dorsey- 2 year he is thought of as a bust but I think a new scheme would help

D. Levy- 1 year prove it deal has had an up and down career played inside and out

B. Hoyer- 1 year vet depth

Trade

Joe Webb to philadephia for a 2014 conditional pick 6/7

3-23 and 2014 2nd round for 2013 NE 2nd round

1-23- Alec ogletree MLB Georgia- ogletree was a safety in high school and his freshman year and was converted to MLB towards the end of his freshman year he is the prototypical Tampa 2 MLB he has great speed and he is good at coverage he is a little small for a MLB but has the frame to add weight

2-23- Jonathon cyprien FS FIU- no better way to solidify your defense than shore up both safeties and MLB in back to back year

2-30- Roberts Woods WR USC- after a disappointing year woods stock has dropped the Vikings trade up to get the WR they need

4-5- Tyler Bray QB Tennessee- I'm not completely sold on ponder and bray has the prototypical NFL frame he should give ponder some competition/ drive

4-23- M. Ball RB Wisconsin- with gerhardt a year from FA we get his replacement

5-23- Hugh Thornton G Illinois- quality depth could develope into a starter

6-10- Micah Hyde CB Iowa- we go back to a school the Vikings have a history with and get the depth we need at CB

6-23- devontee holloman OLB SC- depth

7-23- marquees Wilson WR Washington st- depth incase child's isn't ready

Depth chart

Qb- ponder, bray, Hoyer
Rb-AP, gerhardt, ball
Fb- Felton
WR- harvin woods wright Simpson childs Wilson
Te- Rudolph Carlson Ellison
LT- kalil love
Lg- Levitre Thornton
C- Sullivan Berger
Rg- Schwartz fusco
Rt- loadholt kropog

De- Allen reed
Dt- Williams guion Evans
Dt- Dorsey Ballard
De- Robison griffen
OLB- greenway holloman
MLB- ogletree Cole
OLB- Henderson levy
Cb- cook jefferson
Cb-Robinson Hyde
Ncb- Winfield
FS- cyprien Raymond
Ss- smith Sanford

P- kluwe

K- Walsh
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 QBs on the roster? Your draft is all out of order. Olgetree will be long gone, Bray will be a drafted in the first 3 rounds, Cyprien is a late 3rd early 4th, Woods is a slot WR, Monte Ball in the 4th is a waste of a pick, and Micah Hyde / DeVonte Holloman are 4th round picks. Signing DT Glenn Dorsey doesn't make much sense because he plays the same position as Kevin Williams. But I definitely like Glenn Dorsey a lot.

1. No more slot WRs, we need a big target.
2. We need a NT, not a UT.
3. Bacarri Rambo is way better than Cyprien.
4. If they get a RB, it should be a 3rd down scat back to catch passes out of the backfield.
5. Hoyer and Bray are not West Coast QBs.
Minnesnowta vk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyprien stock has been steadily rising he will be looked at as a early 3 rd by draft bray has also been steadily dropping..... Woods is an all around WR he is 6'1" yes he was used in the slot alot this year after losing the #1 WR slot on the team my ideal WR would be Brian hardline but I can't see anyway the dolPhins let a their best WR go.... To many qbs- I have never counted bethel Thompson and won't now isn't even back up worthy.... Ball can be switched out with lattemore I prefer another big rb AP has proven he has got a lot better catching the ball out of the backfield and has earned the 3rd down rb spot
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on Cyprien - he's better than Rambo, not the other way around.

According to how I see it at least.
Minnesnowta vk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tampa 2 defense was created off the premesis that u have two good cover safeties and a good cover MLB for years we have ignored our pass d.....until last year now it's time to build off harisson and find him some help..... drafting cb's isn't going to improve our pass d they are more of linebacks in the cover 2 although we r playing more man we have to address MLB first to get a reliable 3 down MLB that can cover the middle of the field
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you watched Rambo and Cyprien or are you one of those people who jump on whatever the media says? Rambo is a complete ball hawk and tough against the run. Rambo is a turnover machine 16 career ints (including 1 in the SB), 6 FF, and 34 PD against elite competiton. I don't know what you're talking about with Robert Woods, he is not an all around WR. He is too weak to play on the outside and can't contest jump balls either. He will strictly be a slot WR in the NFL, plus he'll be more like 5'11.5 or 6ft flat. I'm pretty sure every Minnesota fan know about the Tampa 2 defense and how it corresponds with the offense. If they can create turnover and run the ball killing the clock pressuring the opposing team to stretch the field, which plays into the roll over the Tampa 2 2
safeties over the top, ultra conservative. Rambo would add 4 more picks a season. Toby Gerhart is a big back, who can catch the ball out of the backfield so pleading your case makes no sense with a man already on the roster who is perfectly capable. We need a MLB but Alec Ogletree will not be there at 23, so you can go ahead and erase that. Arthur Brown in the 2nd or 3rd makes more sense. 1st round needs to be a DT or WR, a NT and a big body Outside vertical threat. Last time the Vikings made it to the NFC championship was in 2009 and they were #1 in run defense and had a vertical WR (Sidney Rice). They need to find players similar to Sidney Rice and Pat Williams in rounds 1 and 2.

Vikings Draft:
1st DT/NT Jonathan Hankins OSU
2nd WR Justin Hunter UT
3rd ILB Arthur Brown KSU
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we keep Harvin or not....we gotta take a WR with the 1st or 2nd pick. And Im not a huge fan of woods

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we don't take woods the closest WR with Any size that will be available there will be Dobson there is no way hunter lasts til our pick in the second round along with Arthur brown in the 3rd both will be gone the middle of the second will be compiled of WR the only way we get one of those guys is to use a first round pick or trade up in the second and I don't believe any of the WR that will be available r gonna be worth it the only WR i would take in round 1 would be Keenan Allen and with Rambo I never said he wasent a better safety I think he will go a few spots ahead of us it's either Tony jefferson or cyprien and I have cyprien rated higher
skywindO2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherels was a pretty good returner last year and as bad as he is at CB, as long as the Vikings lack depth, I can't see him being let go.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Erin Henderson signs another one year prove it deal. He did that last year, and I see him leaving if that is all the Vikings have to offer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesnowta vk wrote:
Even if we don't take woods the closest WR with Any size that will be available there will be Dobson there is no way hunter lasts til our pick in the second round along with Arthur brown in the 3rd both will be gone the middle of the second will be compiled of WR the only way we get one of those guys is to use a first round pick or trade up in the second and I don't believe any of the WR that will be available r gonna be worth it the only WR i would take in round 1 would be Keenan Allen and with Rambo I never said he wasent a better safety I think he will go a few spots ahead of us it's either Tony jefferson or cyprien and I have cyprien rated higher

We really try hard to use proper grammar on this forum. I know you are new, and maybe didn't know, but you are getting really hard to follow in your posts.

You have some good thoughts, but help us out a little bit by using punctuation, especially the old guys like VD. Laughing

Thanks!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, using all the phonespeak abbreviations and lack of punctuation makes guys stop reading.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: