Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GREG Childs ?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtanked

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Greg could defy the odds and come back healthy our WR corps will have scary potential. wow.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishtanked wrote:
If Greg could defy the odds and come back healthy our WR corps will have scary potential. wow.

even if he has lost a couple steps and is nothing more than a possession receiver he could still be a valuable short yardage and red zone guy as a #4 receiver. Hopefully he can play this year.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Childs: “I stayed up here the entire time. I might have went home a week-and-a-half since I got hurt. So the rest of the time I’ve been doing my rehab here with [Sugarman] and them. I’ve got a great training staff. They’ve got me on schedule. They’ve got treatments we do. We’re taking it slow, but also we’re getting the most work we can.”

http://min.scout.com/2/1288999.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Childs: “I stayed up here the entire time. I might have went home a week-and-a-half since I got hurt. So the rest of the time I’ve been doing my rehab here with [Sugarman] and them. I’ve got a great training staff. They’ve got me on schedule. They’ve got treatments we do. We’re taking it slow, but also we’re getting the most work we can.”

http://min.scout.com/2/1288999.html

Its nice to hear that Childs actually wants to spend his time rehabbing an injury in MN, and not in some state, like Florida.

Im glad this guy has some common sense and is taking advantage of Sugarman while he can.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Childs helping the team seemed like a long shot back in August, but while his return isn't imminent, the potential seems more real. Childs always believed it. Others are seeing the possibility as well.Minnesota signed Greg Jennings, re-signed Jerome Simpson and drafted Cordarrelle Patterson. Combined with second-year receiver Jarius Wright, Childs' childhood friend, the Vikings seemed to have address the position. Childs likely isn't in those plans, yet.

The team's coaches have noticed Child's work. Receivers coach George Stewart is keeping an eye on Childs, who he offered an encouraging word to recently.

"He was telling me how he's proud of the way I've worked," Childs said. "Because I'm down here every day. I'm giving it my all with everything I do. He just told me that people take notice. If you work hard, come down here with a smile on your face and do what you've got to do, people will notice. That's a great thing."

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/story/Confident-Childs-creating-illusion-hell-?blockID=904435
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@Andrew_Krammer: Childs, who is recovering from tendon tears in both knees, just leapt to dunk ball over posts after running routes #Vikings”
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Childs sat out Tuesday's organized team activity practice, as he has the entire offseason. But afterwards, he caught passes from the Vikings' quarterbacks for the first time in front of reporters.

He even had enough gas left after his post-practice session to dunk a ball over a field-goal crossbar before leaving the field.

"I've been cutting like that for a good little while now," Childs said. "I'm taking it day by day. I feel good, but at the same time, the Minnesota Vikings aren't rushing me. That's why I'm doing so well now."

Childs said he's ahead of his recovery schedule and near 100%. But he said he's not eager to put pads on, because he already knows what he can do.

"It hasn't even been a year yet since I got hurt," Childs said. "It's just about not rushing it, not getting too excited because I can do all these things. They've been telling me to pump the breaks, stick to the schedule. No sense in breaking it now."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Greg_Childs_says_hes_still_on_track_Its_just_about_not_rushing_it061113
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize it's still a long-shot, but I'm pulling for Childs!! It would go to prove just what an excellent training staff the Vikings have, if, one year after Peterson's MVP return after injury, Childs could see the field during a game this coming season!!

Last edited by Virginia Viking on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Childs: "People are talking about Monday through Friday workouts -- I'm like, Sunday to Sunday."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Greg_Childs_says_hes_still_on_track_Its_just_about_not_rushing_it061113

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he manages to get on the practice squad, that'd be enough for me.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of timeline are you hoping for with Greg Childs?

Frazier: "You’d like to get him for training camp. We’ll get down to Mankato and I have my fingers crossed. Hopefully it will happen. We’re waiting on Eric Sugarman and our medical staff to give us the green light, but that would be my hope. We’ll see what happens, I’m not sure what direction it will go."

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Frazier-Talks-Chad-Greenways-Knee-Injury-Jared-Allens-Leadership-and-More/88f1fcc0-2db5-47ac-b8de-c918f57b240b

Webmaster wrote:
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a cool story if he plays in even 1 NFL game.....good luck to him.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Childs is questionable to be back by the time that Training Camp kicks off towards the end of July.

Frazier: "I'm not sure about Greg. We're still wondering where he'll be at. Nobody has outworked him in his rehab. He's having to overcome something that you rarely see in our game, to do what he did to both knees. You can't fault his work ethic, it's been off the charts. He's a guy that everybody is pulling for. We all want to see him come back and play at a high level."

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=11384156#ixzz2W6NDbiuX

Webmaster wrote:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still pulling for him.

I hope he can beat out Stephen Burton or Jerome Simpson for the #4 spot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Childs is not going to beat out Simpson.

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: