Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Canty
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald323

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Chris Canty Reply with quote

i remember a few years back the packers were Interested in him any shot of them still are?

old link
http://www.todaystmj4.com/sports/45356567.html
Kenrik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Why do you create a thread for a single free agent when we have a free agent thread???
pollino14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather talk about a single free agent than see a million mock drafts any day.

He's always been a good player, and he's only 30. If he comes at the right price and is fully healed, I would take a look for sure. As I said before I believe we need more depth and Canty is a good NFL player.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
I would rather talk about a single free agent than see a million mock drafts any day.

He's always been a good player, and he's only 30. If he comes at the right price and is fully healed, I would take a look for sure. As I said before I believe we need more depth and Canty is a good NFL player.

Those are major Ifs for Canty but, I agree with your overall point. This is the DE 'fit' everyone has been looking for around here.
byzr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto to the above posts about health and right price. i'm pretty sure that we basically wouldn't pay for him in 09 or 10 whenever it was. we definitely need those big pass pushers who free up the LBers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyson Jackson will be cut lose over contract issues word is. I'd much rather kick the tires on him. Just a few years ago a top 5 pick and good fit at DE for us. Maybe he just needs a fresh start, I thought he was going to be a great player.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
Tyson Jackson will be cut lose over contract issues word is. I'd much rather kick the tires on him. Just a few years ago a top 5 pick and good fit at DE for us. Maybe he just needs a fresh start, I thought he was going to be a great player.

He was way overdrafted. Had a really low ceiling and a high floor. Problem is, he never got off his floor.

Canty could be pretty good, would certaintly give us the length we despertately need.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year is it lol?

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
Nope. Why do you create a thread for a single free agent when we have a free agent thread???

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=511604

Same concept applies to FAs. We're not overflowed with threads at the moment, this type of thing is fine.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're looking at ex-Giants, I'd rather go after Bradshaw. Canty would be nice, but we're definitely going to draft a DL somewhere in this draft. Most likely a NT to become Pickett's replacement.
sunflower300

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worthy is also having surgery, so I could see the Packers either wanting to sign or draft another dlineman at his position as well.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunflower300 wrote:
Worthy is also having surgery, so I could see the Packers either wanting to sign or draft another dlineman at his position as well.

Worthy already had surgery, and it's (d'aprés palmy) not a big deal. They've got 6 DL they're pretty sure they're going to keep next year, and they're probably only roll with 6. So you could sign a FA, or you could draft somebody, but I'm not sure you do both.

If the Packers were to sign Canty, it would likely be a low money, nothing guaranteed deal like when they signed Muir or Merling. I think Canty can get more than that elsewhere.
packattack86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be mildy interested in Canty if the price was right. Canty is tall and has a good 3-4 DE frame. I'd rather draft a DE in rd 1 tho.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
sunflower300 wrote:

Worthy already had surgery, and it's (d'aprés palmy) not a big deal. They've got 6 DL they're pretty sure they're going to keep next year, and they're probably only roll with 6. So you could sign a FA, or you could draft somebody, but I'm not sure you do both.

If the Packers were to sign Canty, it would likely be a low money, nothing guaranteed deal like when they signed Muir or Merling. I think Canty can get more than that elsewhere.

Canty's value is much higher than that. That's just an unrealistic scenario. I'd give Canty a few million per for 2 years and if he gets a better offer elsewhere so be it, but I'd undoubtedly give him more than Muir or Merling got.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Canty's value is much higher than that. That's just an unrealistic scenario. I'd give Canty a few million per for 2 years and if he gets a better offer elsewhere so be it, but I'd undoubtedly give him more than Muir or Merling got.

If you're going to give Canty a "can't cut you at the end of camp" type contract, you have to be comfortable cutting one of the following: Raji, Pickett, Wilson, Neal, Worthy, Daniels. You probably have to also be comfortable in not spending a medium-high pick on a DL.

I just can't see either of those things happening.

If you get Canty on a "we can just cut you whenever, no sweat" deal, then go for it. But otherwise, you let him sign elsewhere (since his value is more than the vet min, but that's a better deal for some other team than for us.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: