Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stats show WCO was never the best route for Weeden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does anybody care about breaking Browns rookie records? Name one good rookie QB in Browns history - thats right there are none.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Why does anybody care about breaking Browns rookie records? Name one good rookie QB in Browns history - thats right there are none.

Hi Roger...

Bernie Kosar and Brian Sipe...now you know

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Make all the excuses you want for Weeden, he was still outplayed by basically every single successful recent rookie Qb, all of which were 7 to 9 years younger than him, and there is no worse starting Qb in the league that is older than him.

What excuse did anyone make for Weeden?

I mean, other than the excuses a few make for their biased opinions, like "stats don't mean anything", "situations don't mean anything", and “broken rookie records don't mean anything".

So who was making excuses again?

Everybody and their brother except a few posters in this forum see major flaws in his game.

He recently admitted he didn't provide enough leadership last year.

His oh so impressive stats are like those of a guy who hits 20 Hrs in baseball, whiffs 200 times and ends up with about 70 RBI.

Big deal.

We didn't win games with, and sometimes lost them because of, Weeden.

Let's see who they bring in and let the competition begin.

I did not realize we went 0-16 last year........ you state that we lost some games because of him but wont give him credit for good games he had in which we won,

Second Cincy game- 92.7 Rtg threw 2 TD and 231 yards
Oakland- leads a game winning drive deep into their own territory

Hell even in some of the losses he played very good such as the 1st Cincy game throwing for a team rookie record 322 yards 114.9 rating 2 TD and no picks. the first ravens game he threw for 320 yards.

did he have some lowlights yes he did as did all the rookies, but he also had some highlights as well.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Entropy wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Make all the excuses you want for Weeden, he was still outplayed by basically every single successful recent rookie Qb, all of which were 7 to 9 years younger than him, and there is no worse starting Qb in the league that is older than him.

What excuse did anyone make for Weeden?

I mean, other than the excuses a few make for their biased opinions, like "stats don't mean anything", "situations don't mean anything", and “broken rookie records don't mean anything".

So who was making excuses again?

Everybody and their brother except a few posters in this forum see major flaws in his game.

He recently admitted he didn't provide enough leadership last year.

His oh so impressive stats are like those of a guy who hits 20 Hrs in baseball, whiffs 200 times and ends up with about 70 RBI.

Big deal.

We didn't win games with, and sometimes lost them because of, Weeden.

Let's see who they bring in and let the competition begin.

Hi bruce, still struggling with not exaggerating?

No one said his stats were impressive, but you want to ignore them...curious

We didn't win games, and sometimes lost them because the team was the least experienced in the NFL...try to understand what that means please.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Mike Wallace and tell Weeden "F it go deep" every play

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Sign Mike Wallace and tell Weeden "F it go deep" every play

Haha!
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Hi Roger...

Rookie stats:

Bernie Kosar - 130 yards/game, 8 tds, 7 ints, 50% completion, 69 qb rating.

Brian Sipe - 60 yards/game, 1 td, 7 ints, 55% completion, 47 qb rating. Hardly played until his third season.

We have way different definitions of good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Entropy wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Hi Roger...

Rookie stats:

Brian Sipe - 60 yards/game, 1 td, 7 ints, 55% completion, 47 qb rating. Hardly played until his third season.

Clearly we have different definitions...

You seem to think that it's ok to ignore their careers to justify your horrible opinion about them being bad QBs.

Brian Sipe was an All-Pro at 31, Kosar went to 3 AFCGs.

Please try to know what you are talking about next time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are having a failure to communicate. I think Roger thought you were referring to purely rookie years based on wording.

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I think you guys are having a failure to communicate. I think Roger thought you were referring to purely rookie years based on wording.

My wording?

Roger is the one that used wording that suggested there were no good QBs that have ever played for the Browns after being rookies.

If his intention was not to suggest that there were no good QBs to play for the Browns, then why bring it up? Why use the wording he chose to use?

I made him aware of two very good QBs who did not play as well as Weeden did when they were rookies.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

My wording?

Roger is the one that used wording that suggested there were no good QBs that have ever played for the Browns after being rookies.

If his intention was not to suggest that there were no good QBs to play for the Browns, then why bring it up? Why use the wording he chose to use?

I made him aware of two very good QBs who did not play as well as Weeden did when they were rookies.

I'm with Candy, I think Roger was saying Weeden's rookie records weren't impressive because no one had set the bar very high for rookie QB's in the Browns history. None the less, it's better to set records than not, so I don't like that argument anyway. Weeden has been judged harshly by many since draft day, not just by Browns fans but by all fans and media. He will have to really impress to be accepted.

I hope he gets accepted.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Entropy wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Hi Roger...

Rookie stats:

+1
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean exactly what I said. There has never been a rookie QB on the Browns to have a good season. Weeden being the tallest dwarf means nothing to me.If Weeden is ever going to break out it won't be because of him breaking some 22 year olds crappy record from 30 years ago.

And I think Sipe and Kosar would be hot garage in todays NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

My wording?

I'm with Candy, I think Roger was saying Weeden's rookie records weren't impressive because no one had set the bar very high for rookie QB's in the Browns history. None the less, it's better to set records than not, so I don't like that argument anyway. Weeden has been judged harshly by many since draft day, not just by Browns fans but by all fans and media. He will have to really impress to be accepted.

I hope he gets accepted.

Well ok, let's not focus on the how high the bar was set then...name some recent rookies that also could have broken those same records. I think you'll see the point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I mean exactly what I said. There has never been a rookie QB on the Browns to have a good season. Weeden being the tallest dwarf means nothing to me.If Weeden is ever going to break out it won't be because of him breaking some 22 year olds crappy record from 30 years ago.

And I think Sipe and Kosar would be hot garage in todays NFL.

Okay now I'm with Entropy, take it however you want you are right and Roger is wrong. Laughing

I saw a lot of Kosar, and he was a magician. His accuracy was awesome and his intelligence on the field unmatched. He rarely turned the ball over. He was smarter than his coaches (offensively)and that probably led to him losing his job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: