Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Released Players [Entire NFL]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Windy updated the Bart Scott and Calvin Pace releases. The Jets also released OT Jason Smith, former 2nd(?) overall pick by the Rams '09ish. Is Smith just hot garbage at this point or could he be a reclamation project?
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More releases:

Bills:
CB Terrence McGee

Packers:
DB Charles Woodson
C Jeff Saturday

Jets:
OL Jason Smith
S Eric Smith
TE Josh Baker

Saints:
TE David Thomas
CB Johnny Patrick

Chiefs:
TE Kevin Boss
WR Steve Breaston
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Terrence McGee as a player. To bad he cant stay healthy. Id look into him on a vet minimum deal to be depth.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hate it if they signed Breaston.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

As critical as I am of a lot of guys who get dumped, Breaston would stretch the field nicely.

I don't remember because KC used Javier Arenas, but didn't Breaston also work as a returner in AZ?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
I see Windy updated the Bart Scott and Calvin Pace releases. The Jets also released OT Jason Smith, former 2nd(?) overall pick by the Rams '09ish. Is Smith just hot garbage at this point or could he be a reclamation project?

I think if Jerry Angelo were at the helm he would already be up at Halas Hall inking a deal. A former #2 pick just out on the street? Jerry's kind of bargain!
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

As critical as I am of a lot of guys who get dumped, Breaston would stretch the field nicely.

I don't remember because KC used Javier Arenas, but didn't Breaston also work as a returner in AZ?

I believe so.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
bears2308

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

Breaston was great in the slot with Todd Haley in both AZ and KC but when Crennel came to KC he was a healthy inactive. I'm not sure if it's because they wanted McCluster to get more PT or his knees just aren't the same.

I definitely wouldn't mind the signing if it isn't the latter. He was Cassel's Earl Bennett (the little we've seen him be capable of) two years ago. The only problem with the signing is it leaves us with two bigs and two slots. If we were to sign Breaston then Earl becomes expendable and the need for a deep threat is still there. I'd rather sign a guy like Devery Henderson, give Earl one more year, and snag the best slot or deep threat available in the 5th or later.
bears2308

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

I believe so.

Punts and kicks but he isn't anything better then what we have at this point in his career.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Patrick would be worth a look...young, athletic and was a playmaker in college...with the right coaching he could still have a future.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there would be any interest in bringing in David Thomas as a #2 TE. Kromer is certainly familiar with him. He isn't a big blocker type but he is a guy who knows how to run routes and can be moved all over the formation.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I wonder if there would be any interest in bringing in David Thomas as a #2 TE. Kromer is certainly familiar with him. He isn't a big blocker type but he is a guy who knows how to run routes and can be moved all over the formation.

Thomas would make a good TE2.

It's going to be interesting to see how that position shakes out. If a true fullback is added to the roster it will make it more difficult to keep four tight ends, meaning either Rodriguez or Spaeth (more likely) has to go.
ak06max

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Packers United wrote:
If I am Trestman I have to bring in either Jake Long, or Andy Levitre this off season, if not hes failed Cutler.

I liked Cutler in Denver, not so much in Chicago, but if you guys can protect him I believe he can perform as a top 8 qb. But not without a decent OL.

Except that Jake Long isn't even the best LT available, nor is he worth the money he's going to get.

If his health checks out then Long is certainly the best LT available. A lot of people are crapping all over the guy because he's been playing injured the past couple of years. Of course that's going to affect your play. When healthy though Long has proven before that he is one of the premier LT's in the league. If I were Phil Emery I'd definitely take a chance on Long provided he passes his physical and that he doesn't ask for the richest contract ever for a LT.

It goes Claldy, Albert than Long. Cladys getting tagged Albert s not leaving 3rd best option. Long is still young and can rehab from these injury's.. I would be very happy to see long in a Bears jersey as long as his health checks out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Agreed David Thomas interests me a lot as a back up TE.
bears2308

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Packers United wrote:
If I am Trestman I have to bring in either Jake Long, or Andy Levitre this off season, if not hes failed Cutler.

I liked Cutler in Denver, not so much in Chicago, but if you guys can protect him I believe he can perform as a top 8 qb. But not without a decent OL.

Except that Jake Long isn't even the best LT available, nor is he worth the money he's going to get.

If his health checks out then Long is certainly the best LT available. A lot of people are crapping all over the guy because he's been playing injured the past couple of years. Of course that's going to affect your play. When healthy though Long has proven before that he is one of the premier LT's in the league. If I were Phil Emery I'd definitely take a chance on Long provided he passes his physical and that he doesn't ask for the richest contract ever for a LT.

It goes Claldy, Albert than Long. Cladys getting tagged Albert s not leaving 3rd best option. Long is still young and can rehab from these injury's.. I would be very happy to see long in a Bears jersey as long as his health checks out.

Clady is refusing to sign the tag (he eventually will, IMO) and Albert will test the market.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: