Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Released Players [Entire NFL]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bears2308

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Barnett released by Buffalo. Some Bills fans said he played pretty well last year but his play declined from 2011. Stop-gap if Urlacher doesn't return?
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
The Bills announced they will not tender a contract to WR Donald Jones which makes him a UFA.
While not a top flight WR he seems to have been improving year by year. Wonder what the deal is since The Bills are not blessed with great talent at WR.

Actually Stevie Johnson is a darn good receiver. He would start here over Alshon. They have another kid that's decent too. David something (Wilson?) I think. I don't feel like looking it up.

Jones doesn't excite me. No speed so he would be a waste of time. Bennett is a lot better.
I was referring to Jones so am confused by your comment wrt Johnson.

You said the Bills aren't blessed with WR talent and I was just arguing for some reason. Doesn't matter though because I don't think Jones is any good regardless of what their WR corps looks like.

And 2308 mentioned that Nick Barnett has been released by the Bills. Add S George Wilson to that list as well.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8936939

Anybody watch Barnett this year? Does he have much left?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
Nick Barnett released by Buffalo. Some Bills fans said he played pretty well last year but his play declined from 2011. Stop-gap if Urlacher doesn't return?

Rotoworld are reporting that he failed a physical so Iím not sure he is a great option but if he can get healthy for camp he might be worth a look.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:

Rotoworld are reporting that he failed a physical so Iím not sure he is a great option but if he can get healthy for camp he might be worth a look.

If we are going to be using a middle linebacker who is past his prime we should just bring Urlacher back.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:

If we are going to be using a middle linebacker who is past his prime we should just bring Urlacher back.
I agree.
Packers United

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am Trestman I have to bring in either Jake Long, or Andy Levitre this off season, if not hes failed Cutler.

I liked Cutler in Denver, not so much in Chicago, but if you guys can protect him I believe he can perform as a top 8 qb. But not without a decent OL.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers United wrote:
If I am Trestman I have to bring in either Jake Long, or Andy Levitre this off season, if not hes failed Cutler.

I liked Cutler in Denver, not so much in Chicago, but if you guys can protect him I believe he can perform as a top 8 qb. But not without a decent OL.

Except that Jake Long isn't even the best LT available, nor is he worth the money he's going to get.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Packers United wrote:

Except that Jake Long isn't even the best LT available, nor is he worth the money he's going to get.

If his health checks out then Long is certainly the best LT available. A lot of people are crapping all over the guy because he's been playing injured the past couple of years. Of course that's going to affect your play. When healthy though Long has proven before that he is one of the premier LT's in the league. If I were Phil Emery I'd definitely take a chance on Long provided he passes his physical and that he doesn't ask for the richest contract ever for a LT.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Packers United wrote:

If his health checks out then Long is certainly the best LT available. A lot of people are crapping all over the guy because he's been playing injured the past couple of years. Of course that's going to affect your play. When healthy though Long has proven before that he is one of the premier LT's in the league. If I were Phil Emery I'd definitely take a chance on Long provided he passes his physical and that he doesn't ask for the richest contract ever for a LT.

I don't know about Long. Anybody that signs him is rolling the dice. If health has affected his play so much the last two years can you really count on him even if he passed his physical? Guys wear down, some quicker than others and nobody can say with 100% certainty that he is capable of playing at the level he previously did.

The money is another huge factor. Somebody could give him silly money and you want nothing to do with that competition given he has significant question marks.

And going back to the packers fan that says it will be a failure if they don't get Long or Levitre is nonsense. Everyone knows the Bears need to fix their o-line but the truth is that Long may not be great ever again and Levitre very well may not make it out of Buffalo.

How many more weeks until FA?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new released players motto: "One Team's Trash is Another Team's Trash"
bears2308

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

Corey Graham ring a bell?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Corey Graham was never released; he hit free agency. There's a difference there. You can land gems or overpay to get a good player in free agency. Released players are almost always old, washed-up, have medical issues, or flat-out suck at football.
bears2308

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Corey Graham was never released; he hit free agency. There's a difference there. You can land gems or overpay to get a good player in free agency. Released players are almost always old, washed-up, have medical issues, or flat-out suck at football.

I sit corrected.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
The Bills announced they will not tender a contract to WR Donald Jones which makes him a UFA.
While not a top flight WR he seems to have been improving year by year. Wonder what the deal is since The Bills are not blessed with great talent at WR.

Actually Stevie Johnson is a darn good receiver. He would start here over Alshon. They have another kid that's decent too. David something (Wilson?) I think. I don't feel like looking it up.

Jones doesn't excite me. No speed so he would be a waste of time. Bennett is a lot better.
I was referring to Jones so am confused by your comment wrt Johnson.

You said the Bills aren't blessed with WR talent and I was just arguing for some reason. Doesn't matter though because I don't think Jones is any good regardless of what their WR corps looks like. I remember some around here were intrigued at the prospect of signing Johnson when he was a FA or potentially so. He looked interesting for the right price.

And 2308 mentioned that Nick Barnett has been released by the Bills. Add S George Wilson to that list as well.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8936939

Anybody watch Barnett this year? Does he have much left?
No, and probably not.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers United wrote:

Our line improved over the last year even with the injuries it had so I expect even more improvement over this year. Long will not be worth what he commands and I don't see any hugely priced FAs being brought in here.

Cutler will be better next year just from the fact that he will have the plays called in time to actually act like a QB. Under Smith he either was not allowed to audible or had only time enough to run the play called (even if a sure loser) or call time out. What is rare on other teams (including the Pack) was all too common for the Bears.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: