You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Baylor Bears Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous59 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
We may be playing our future coach on Saturday. I really wouldn't mind Chad Morris.

LOL?

What's funny about that? Chad Morris may be our next head coach. I'm hoping for Larry Fedora but would like Chad Morris too.

Going to the game tomorrow. Glad to be watching Baylor football.

Yeah he's a very good coach. Not his fault he inherited one of the worst football teams ever.

That's awesome. Wear white! lol
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travon Blanchard is cleared to play on Friday.

It's been weak competition, but our defense has looked awesome so far, especially in the 2nd half vs. SMU last week. Everyone looks really aggressive and dialed in.

With Blanchard coming back though means Patrick Levels is off the field. We really need to find ways to get him back on.

Injuries

Ryan Reid I believe hurt his ankle/leg? And Pooh Stricklin has a shoulder sling so both will miss this next game I assume.

I think that leaves Denzel Mims starting in his place. 6'4, big frame, athletic. I like his potential.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm predicting that Denzel Mims and Jared Atkinson both get a TD tomorrow night.

Also, I think Blake Lynch is our best receiver. I really do. He obviously has yet to play a good team, but I love his skill set. I'm really up and down on Cannon. Hopefully he can have a monster year in conference play.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick thoughts through 3.

Either Seth's injury has really screwed up his game or he's just that bad this year. Hopefully he can get it together on Saturday.

JaMycal Hasty should start, at least until Shock looks healthy.

Our OLINE (so far) is TRASH. That could kill our season.

Receivers outside of Cannon are very, very iffy. I think Lynch will become a star here, but it looks like it's going to take a little time. Platt has dropped 4325463 passes this year too. Zamora will be a much needed addition, talent wise.

Our defense looks much better than it has the previous 2-3 seasons (through 3 games). I am really worried about our ability to stop the run though. Texas, OU, and Kansas State are seriously going to just run it down our throats.

Not sure how I feel about this next game. Can we win? Yeah. Can we get blown out? Yeah.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really worried about this week, we match up really well with Oklahoma State. Our DBs have been playing really well and Okie State can't run the ball. I hope we don't start Levels again this week -- I think we really need Taylor Young's pass rush.

We'll give up some big plays but overall I expect something like a 38-24 win.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're wearing these this weekend Cool

Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
I'm not really worried about this week, we match up really well with Oklahoma State. Our DBs have been playing really well and Okie State can't run the ball. I hope we don't start Levels again this week -- I think we really need Taylor Young's pass rush.

Hey I was pretty spot on.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:

Hey I was pretty spot on.

Defense looked pretty awesome aside from 3rd down. Russell looked much better too.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we're playing in Ames at 11 and not at night.

Thoughts...

Seth looked awesome on Saturday. Also, his running game is so vital to this team's success. He needs to be running 10 times a game.

Williams and Hasty are studs but I'm starting to worry about Shock whether he's injured or if his shifty style of running isn't a match with this offensive line. Only 2 carries vs. OKState - you'd have to think he was hurt right?

Our wide receivers are awesome (when Platt is making his catches). Zamora may be our best receiver. He kind of reminds me of Josh Gordon. Cannon is hurt so he may not play next week. Platt and Seth are going to be a dynamic duo if they can keep on the same page. Blake Lynch will get it together I'm confident.

On defense, our secondary played their best game in a long time on Saturday. Vaughn looks like a stud and I love his aggressiveness. Tion Wright on the other hand.....not good at all. I want to see Houston get a shot on Saturday and I'd also like to see Arnold get a few more reps.

Our linebackers are awesome as well. Blanchard is the best player on the defense and Young isn't far behind. The biggest surprise however is Pat Levels. Not sure if he keeps it up, but he's played like a legit superstar through 4 weeks. I think he has something like 4 forced fumbles so far.

The DLine though is worrisome, especially against power running teams. KJ Smith is a star but everyone else are more of high energy / high motor guys, which isn't bad. I'm hoping 2 out of Roberts, Jacobs, Lewis, Roy, and Jones can turn into consistent, reliable lineman. I REALLY like Roy. I think he's going to be special.

All in all, that OKState win was very satisfying. I expect a tough start vs. Iowa State since they're coming off of a real confidence spike after their last win. It all depends on our running game. If we can start out hot, we'll blow them out something like 55-20. If not, then I could see it being somewhat close like last year's game.

I'll go ahead and say we win in Ames 49-17. I'm just pretty inspired by our defense right now, though we'll have to wait and see how they do vs. Texas, OU, and Kansas State.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to homecoming this weekend. Have a bunch of places my girlfriend and I are going to eat at:

-Rudy's
-Sironia
-La Fiesta
-Cafe Cappachino
-Fazoli's
-George's

Anyways, I'm pretty excited for the game. It should be an easy one, but with how Kansas played TCU, I wonder if that same team will show up. They always give TCU major problems though.

I'll say we win 52-14 and we'll get to see 1.5 quarters of Zach Smith.

Sic 'em.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Ogor is suspended for the rest of the year. It's not related to Title IX.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually pretty excited for this team next season. Of course it all depends on the coach we hire, but if we hit a home run with PJ Fleck or if we can land Larry Fedora or even Phil Montgomery, I'm highly optimistic.

On offense of course we lose a lot with Russell, Shock, Cannon (99.9%), and Kyle Fuller, but not including potential impact 2017 freshman or transfer, we could look like this:

QB: Zach Smith

RB: Terence Williams
RB: Johnny Jefferson
RB: JaMycal Hasty

WR: Ishmael Zamora - Jared Atkinson
WR: Chris Platt - Tony Nicholson
WR: Blake Lynch
WR: Devontre Stricklin - Denzel Mims

OL: Mo Porter
OL: Tyrae Simmons
OL: Blake Blackmar
OL: Josh Pelzel
OL: Dom Desouza - Patrick Lawrence

Defensively is what I mat even be more excited for. We'll lose Ryan Reid, Orion Stewart, Aiavion Edwards, Pat Levels, and potentially even KJ Smith to the draft (hope not), but we could be adding some pieces back who missed this year.

DE: KJ Smith - Jamie Jacobs - Tyrone Hunt
DT: Byron Bonds
DT: Bravvion Roy - Micheal Johnson
DE: Brian Nance - Xavier Jones - Greg Roberts

LB: Raaquan Davis - Thomas Cletcher
LB: Clay Johnston - Lenoy Jones Jr.
LB: Taylor Young
NB: Travon Blanchard - Eric Ogor

CB: Verkedric Vaughns - Raleigh Texada
CB: Grayland Arnold - Jameson Houston
S: Davion Hall - Rajah Preciado
S: Chance Waz - Taion Sells

All of the bolded are guys who could very well leave early but I think stay and guys who we are adding back after injury/suspension/etc.

Obviously it will be a very young team on offense and back up QB needs to be one of the primary searches, but it's still very talented and if we can get the coach we want, there's plenty to be optimistic about.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell of a win last night and an awesome way to close this "chapter". There's no doubt in my mind if we had the focus an coaching that we had in this game and the OKState game, that this is a top 10 team in the nation at this point in the season.

Some notes:

-KD Cannon heading to the draft (not shocking). I think he's a 3rd rounder.

-Other guys we're losing: Seth Russell, Shock Linwood, Lynx Hawthorne, Kyle Fuller, Aiavion Edwards, Ryan Reid, Orion Stewart, and I believe Chris Callahan.

-I think there's a decent chance Zamora declares, and that would really suck because I think next year he's the best receiver in the Big 12, even over Washington, though obviously you can go either way.

-We MIGHT lose a couple of guys due to transfer but as of now it looks like we'll keep everyone. Blanchard said he's staying. Some small rumors that Taylor Young could leave, but a few have confirmed he's staying.

-We received our first commit of the Rhule era and second commit for 2017 in 3* safety Trevon Lewis. Very underrated due to playing with 4* Grant Delpit. A lot of people say he outshined Delpit and others at camps.

-VERY excited for Rhule. He's a damn good coach and assuming we get DC Phil Snow along with him, I think we're in a fantastic position as a program to not only maintain being a top 15 or so team next year, but for 2020 and beyond to continue being at the top of the Big 12.

-As of now this is kind of a depth chart assuming no one leaves (and I'll keep Zamora on it)

QB: Zach Smith - JUCO transfer?

RB: Terence Williams - JaMycal Hasty - Tony Nicholson maybe - freshman

WR: Ishmael Zamora - Jared Atkinson
IR: Chris Platt - Tony Nicholson - potential 4* freshman WR
WR: Devontre Stricklin OR Blake Lynch - Denzel Mims

*I expect Davion Hall to play some receiver as well.

Rhule loves using tight ends I believe and even a fullback, so we'l see mainly 3 receiver sets, but I expect both Stricklin and Lynch to get a ton of looks and snaps.

TE: Jordan Feuerbacher - Sam Tecklenberg - ???

No idea how offensive line shapes up so I'll just list the guys we have with the first 5 as potential starters.

OT: Mo Porter, Dom Desouza, Patrick Lawrence
OG: Ishmael Wilson, Josh Pelzel, Tyrae Simmons
C: Blake Blackmar, Danny Russell

Then I expect probably 2 or 3 JUCO guys in addition to maybe 3 or 4 freshman/redshirt offensive lineman.

Defense is going to be very good I think. Very excited to see Snow and his schemes. I believe we'll keep a 4-3 but we can throw out different looks depending on matchups. My EARLY guesses for defensive starters and depth:

DE: K.J. Smith - Jamie Jacobs - Micheal Johnson
DT: Tyrone Hunt - Ira Lewis
NT: Bravvion Roy - ???
DE: Brian Nance OR Greg Roberts - Xavier Jones

SLB: Clay Johnston
MLB: Potential grad transfer??
WLB: Taylor Young

Depth: Raaquan Davis, Lenoy Jones Jr., Jordan Williams, Thomas Cletcher

CB: Grayland Arnold (I truly believe when he goes to the NFL he will have 1st round draft pick potential. A legit star in the making)
FS: Chance Waz OR Taion Sells OR Davion Hall (no idea who gets it out of these)
SS: Travon Blanchard (no BEAR position in Rhule's defense, switches here)
CB: Verkedric Vaughns OR Jameson Houston

CB depth: Raleigh Texada, freshman
S depth: Chris Miller, Henry Black

K: Connor Martin
P: Drew Galitz

Last edited by Devin Kurant on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we made two hires yesterday, one of which is a home run hire, in Jeff Nixon (SF 49ers TE coach) and Matt Lubick (Oregon OC). These two are going to be co-OC.

Matt Rhule has done an absolutely incredible job getting together a staff. So far he's done this.

HC: Matt Rhule
co-OC: Matt Lubick
co-OC: Jeff Nixon (run game)
RB coach:
WR coach:
OL coach: George Deleone

DC: Phil Snow
DL coach: Elijah Robinson
LB coach: Mike Siravo
DB coach: Francis Brown

Director of Player Personnel: Evan Cooper
Director of Operations: Sean Padden
Assistant Director of Football Operations: Ryan Kelly

And before all of this he added these guys, all prominent in the Texas high school football world.

Joey McGuire (Cedar Hill HC)
Shawn Bell (Cedar Springs HC)
David Wetzel (SA Reagan)

I assume these guys will take over the WR, RB, and QB coaching positions.

As for recruiting, Coach Rhule and the staff are really hitting it hard. So far we've gotten 4 commits, 3 of which came after Rhule's hiring.

3* S/ATH Jalen Pitre
3* S Trevon Lewis
3* CB Timarcus Davis (flip from Houston)
3* QB Charlie Brewer (I believe set national records for completion percentage at Lake Travis)

We're in great hands. I think this year, assuming health, we'll be competing for a Big 12 title in late November, and think we can win 10+ games.

The year after is where I expect some drop off and something like a 7-5 team, but after that, I think we're going to be right back near where we've been. Rhule was as good of a hire as we could have made, and something really important in addition to the talent and success he'll bring, is that he is going to bring A TON of discipline.
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the deal with Byron Bonds? I didn't see him in the projected lineup and thought he was out with a medical redshirt and is coming back next season. I know we are gaining Brian Nance but losing Johnny Jefferson.

Love what Rhule is doing and excited for Baylor football's future. I think we will be 6-6 again next season but after living through the dark ages 6-6 is a great start for us!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: