Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Feeding Frenzy: 31 other team signings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=192397941&viewAll=y#more

Quote:
But if Alabama guard Chance Warmack still is sitting unclaimed when the Eagles select at No. 4 on April 25, don't be surprised to hear commissioner Roger Goodell call his name.

"You're talking about a heckuva player there," Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said. "A difference-maker.

"For us, we want to make sure we're evaluating the player and not downgrading them because of the position they play. We're going to stick to our definitions of the player and grade him appropriately."

I would really hate to see this!! There has been a lot of talk about the beagles and Warmack here in the Philly area. I would really hate this selection!!

Quote:
The Eagles are well-versed on Warmack. They know more about him than any other team in the league. What the tape didn't tell them, offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland and assistant director of pro scouting Ed Marynowitz did. Stoutland was Warmack's position coach at Alabama before leaving to join Kelly's staff last month. Marynowitz was 'Bama's recruiting director and has known the kid since he was in high school
[/quote]

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see the eagles use the #4 overall selection on what isn't even the best guard in this draft class IMO.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=192397941&viewAll=y#more

Quote:
But if Alabama guard Chance Warmack still is sitting unclaimed when the Eagles select at No. 4 on April 25, don't be surprised to hear commissioner Roger Goodell call his name.

"You're talking about a heckuva player there," Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said. "A difference-maker.

"For us, we want to make sure we're evaluating the player and not downgrading them because of the position they play. We're going to stick to our definitions of the player and grade him appropriately."

I would really hate to see this!! There has been a lot of talk about the beagles and Warmack here in the Philly area. I would really hate this selection!!

Quote:
The Eagles are well-versed on Warmack. They know more about him than any other team in the league. What the tape didn't tell them, offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland and assistant director of pro scouting Ed Marynowitz did. Stoutland was Warmack's position coach at Alabama before leaving to join Kelly's staff last month. Marynowitz was 'Bama's recruiting director and has known the kid since he was in high school
[/quote]

There is just no way Philly or anyone else for that matter is taking an OG at #4. I just can't see it.

....then again, it is bound to happen eventually I guess.

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
I would love to see the eagles use the #4 overall selection on what isn't even the best guard in this draft class IMO.
i think I will differ on that. IMO, Warmack is the best OG in the class by a smidge. Cooper is just slightly behind him.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles have a horrible history of drafting OL early and having them flame out.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefter is reporting Alex Smith has been traded to the Chiefs for their 2nd this year and an escalating pick next year.

Laughing

Highway Robbery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Schefter is reporting Alex Smith has been traded to the Chiefs for their 2nd this year and an escalating pick next year.

Laughing

Highway Robbery

Thats what makes me think we could get a King's Ransom for Romo. Not saying we need to go trade him. But, I think we'd get a very nice haul for him.

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Laughing

Highway Robbery

Thats what makes me think we could get a King's Ransom for Romo. Not saying we need to go trade him. But, I think we'd get a very nice haul for him.

I would be fine with Romo being traded for a 1st this year, first next year, and a couple other picks/players but that won't happen as Jerry and the FO refuse to admit that we're ever rebuilding. That costs you ticket sales and fan loyalty. It's always about "competing this year" to keep hopes alive and sales up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great trade for the chiefs after the season Ales Smith had the last 2 years and Andy Reid as the QB whisperer. Smith is only 28 and his contract is reasonable. And they will have a good to great OL. The chiefs will be competitive next year.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I think it's a great trade for the chiefs after the season Ales Smith had the last 2 years and Andy Reid as the QB whisperer. Smith is only 28 and his contract is reasonable. And they will have a good to great OL. The chiefs will be competitive next year.

Alex is a game manager who can't win you games, but won't lose them. He's going to a system where the QB is the focal point and will likely double his attempts per game from his previous couple years. I don't think he will succeed but Reid being the QB coach he is could be the saving grace.

If it's a swap of 2nds like it's rumored then it might be a tad less damaging but I really think they got swindled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Alex is a game manager who can't win you games, but won't lose them. He's going to a system where the QB is the focal point and will likely double his attempts per game from his previous couple years. I don't think he will succeed but Reid being the QB coach he is could be the saving grace.

If it's a swap of 2nds like it's rumored then it might be a tad less damaging but I really think they got swindled

I think the chiefs will be at least 9-7 next year. Any time a team can go from being the worst in the NFL to potentially competing in the playoffs... Theres no swindle going on. But then again, I'm sure it chaps your arse that Alex Smith has played much better than Romo in the playoffs.
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Did you forget about playoff game in 2012 that he had to lead SF down the field to comeback in the last 2 minutes, and if not for a muffed punt then he would have lead his team to the SB rather than the Giants.

2nd and a 4th or 5th isn't a bad trade, but the Forum GM's know best, right.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Did you forget about playoff game in 2012 that he had to lead SF down the field to comeback in the last 2 minutes, and if not for a muffed punt then he would have lead his team to the SB rather than the Giants.

Dude had 8 plus opportunities with the game tied in the 4th/OT to lead a GWFG drive and couldn't do anything - what are you talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I think the chiefs will be at least 9-7 next year. Any time a team can go from being the worst in the NFL to potentially competing in the playoffs... Theres no swindle going on. But then again, I'm sure it chaps your arse that Alex Smith has played much better than Romo in the playoffs.

They are a very talented team across the board - heck they won 10 games with Cassell at QB. They sucked this year because of terrible coaching and a slew of injuries to their best players. I mean they sent 6(?) players to the freaking Pro Bowl and most if not all deserved it. Getting healthy alone is probably making them an 8-9 win team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
buckwild wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Dude had 8 plus opportunities with the game tied in the 4th/OT to lead a GWFG drive and couldn't do anything - what are you talking about?

2 weeks before that, Romo had the opportunity to elimate that same team and Romo responded by turning in one of his worst games of the season. If you compare Alex Smiths elimination game against the giants to Romos elimination game against the giants just weeks apart... Alex Smiths is MUCH better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 4 of 28

Jump to: