Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Feeding Frenzy: 31 other team signings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45098
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
We keep guys and give them bad contracts add to it that the Gmen have enough room under the cap to make these kinds of moves and Dallas is way over the cap.


The Giants were actually over the cap last year, and needed the additional $ that they got from the Dal/Wash penalty to get under the cap.


Yet still they have enough room to cut guys and move on. They are and have been a better run franchise this century.

When I said " the Gmen have enough room under the cap" , I didn't mean they were under the cap in dollars. I was referring to they had enough room under the cap guidelines to make necessary moves. Where as Dallas always seems to have their backs against the wall because of poor contract management. It's always restructuring or an extension for a player who isn't worth the production.


And with a built in restructure and a couple cuts the Cowboys will be able to extend Romo and have $15-20m in cap space - so where's the difference?


TY for making my point.



Guess I may be dense, so I have to ask how is a built in restructure a bad thing?


...restructure of any kind is still deferring and eventually you have to pay up...


It allows you to give a player 2 signing bonuses
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 10041
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
We keep guys and give them bad contracts add to it that the Gmen have enough room under the cap to make these kinds of moves and Dallas is way over the cap.


The Giants were actually over the cap last year, and needed the additional $ that they got from the Dal/Wash penalty to get under the cap.


Yet still they have enough room to cut guys and move on. They are and have been a better run franchise this century.

When I said " the Gmen have enough room under the cap" , I didn't mean they were under the cap in dollars. I was referring to they had enough room under the cap guidelines to make necessary moves. Where as Dallas always seems to have their backs against the wall because of poor contract management. It's always restructuring or an extension for a player who isn't worth the production.


And with a built in restructure and a couple cuts the Cowboys will be able to extend Romo and have $15-20m in cap space - so where's the difference?


TY for making my point.



Guess I may be dense, so I have to ask how is a built in restructure a bad thing?


...restructure of any kind is still deferring and eventually you have to pay up...


Of course you have to honor a contract. I guess my whole stance on the issue is the unknown. Rat's contract and a couple others are hurting Dallas now, but every single contract signed is a crap shoot. Rat plays well everything is moot. Same goes for others. You , me, and everyone else have the benefit of hindsight, so bitchin about the Cowboy's current cap is for all intents and purposes , pointless.
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizardhawk:

Quote:
Of course you have to honor a contract. I guess my whole stance on the issue is the unknown. Rat's contract and a couple others are hurting Dallas now, but every single contract signed is a crap shoot. Rat plays well everything is moot. Same goes for others. You , me, and everyone else have the benefit of hindsight, so bitchin about the Cowboy's current cap is for all intents and purposes , pointless.


Point taken but at some point wouldn't you like to see things turned around ?
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11346
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles and Vick have agreed on a restructured deal to keep him in Philly for at least another year! Hahahaha

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/11/michael-vick-eagles-agree-on-one-year-deal/
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2973
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
The dirty birds of Philly have hired Billy Davis as there new DC!


I heard that they are looking to switch to the 3-4.


5 will get you 10 that is where Spencer endes up.

It just makes sense:

1. Canty-NYG
2. Bowen- Wash
3. Spencer- Philly?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheStarStillShines


Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 8774
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
buckwild wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
The dirty birds of Philly have hired Billy Davis as there new DC!


I heard that they are looking to switch to the 3-4.


5 will get you 10 that is where Spencer endes up.

It just makes sense:

1. Canty-NYG
2. Bowen- Wash
3. Spencer- Philly?


Philly or Houston would be my guess. Oh, add Pittsburgh too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1979
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
buckwild wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
The dirty birds of Philly have hired Billy Davis as there new DC!


I heard that they are looking to switch to the 3-4.


5 will get you 10 that is where Spencer endes up.

It just makes sense:

1. Canty-NYG
2. Bowen- Wash
3. Spencer- Philly?


Houston doesn't have the cap space to sign Spencer, and Mike Fisher keeps saying that keeping Spencer is Jerry's #1 priority this off season. So I will be shocked if he isn't playing in Dallas next year.

Philly or Houston would be my guess. Oh, add Pittsburgh too.

_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45098
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
buckwild wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
The dirty birds of Philly have hired Billy Davis as there new DC!


I heard that they are looking to switch to the 3-4.


5 will get you 10 that is where Spencer endes up.

It just makes sense:

1. Canty-NYG
2. Bowen- Wash
3. Spencer- Philly?


Philly or Houston would be my guess. Oh, add Pittsburgh too.


Nawlins
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1979
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike fisher also stated that its a 50/50 chance Free is cut this offseason, and if he is cut OT goes to the top of the draft board.
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45098
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Mike fisher also stated that its a 50/50 chance Free is cut this offseason, and if he is cut OT goes to the top of the draft board.


I could see them rolling with Parnell
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45098
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo has released LB Nick Barnett and Safety George Wilson - not sure how NB would fit a T2 but was a decent LB for GB before going to Buffalo. I think Wilson would be an upgrade to Sensabaugh but I haven't seen much of him the last 2 seasons so I could be wrong.
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28400
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@AdamSchefter
Giants announced they have signed former Cowboys kicker David Buehler.


Laughing

Good luck with that one
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20678
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
‏@AdamSchefter
Giants announced they have signed former Cowboys kicker David Buehler.


Laughing

Good luck with that one


They did it so he can teach the Giants' DBs how to tackle without hurting themselves. Wink
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11346
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/18/daquan-bowers-arrested-for-carrying-gun-at-airport/

Another stupid NFL player busted with a firearm at an airport! 2nd one this offseason!

Quote:
Buccaneers defensive end Da’Quan Bowers has been arrested for carrying a gun at an airport.

NBCNewYork.com reports that Bowers was arrested at LaGuardia Airport on Monday morning after police discovered he was illegally carrying a handgun. Bowers had a loaded .40 caliber firearm in his carry-on bag as he was attempting to get on a US Airways flight to Raleigh, North Carolina.

_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6581
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/18/daquan-bowers-arrested-for-carrying-gun-at-airport/

Another stupid NFL player busted with a firearm at an airport! 2nd one this offseason!

Quote:
Buccaneers defensive end Da’Quan Bowers has been arrested for carrying a gun at an airport.

NBCNewYork.com reports that Bowers was arrested at LaGuardia Airport on Monday morning after police discovered he was illegally carrying a handgun. Bowers had a loaded .40 caliber firearm in his carry-on bag as he was attempting to get on a US Airways flight to Raleigh, North Carolina.


That is very scary that he was trying to bring a loaded handgun onto an airplane. Very scary.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group