Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Feeding Frenzy: 31 other team signings
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28845
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: The Feeding Frenzy: 31 other team signings Reply with quote

The Giants have released Michael Boley and Ahmad Bradshaw in the last few days.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/6/3959346/ahmad-bradshaw-released-new-york-giants
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28845
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Canty gone as well

http://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/statuses/299254967418621952
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45226
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Chris Canty gone as well

http://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/statuses/299254967418621952


LMFAO

So called it when he left to get paid
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6655
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, but, Chris Canty is amazing Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 4041
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Chris Canty gone as well

http://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/statuses/299254967418621952


LMFAO

So called it when he left to get paid


I don't blame a guy for wanting to get paid. Now he comes crashing back down to earth.

So when will the should we re-sign Canty threads start?
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Da Boyz


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 3832
Location: Waldorf, MD
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants d line is loaded. Linval Joseph is better than Canty. Canty definitely got the better end of the deal. He has a ring and his former teammates wish they were relevant in today's nfl. I can't blame Canty for leaving. Most anyone reading this blog would have done the same. He definitely went to play with a franchise that is run like a franchise should be.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6655
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with him leaving. Hard to turn down the kind of money he got. Just saying its funny because there are the Giants homers who constantly felt the need to assure us that he was one of the better linemen on their team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38339
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take both Bradshaw and canty if they came cheap enough
_________________

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45226
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Giants d line is loaded. Linval Joseph is better than Canty. Canty definitely got the better end of the deal. He has a ring and his former teammates wish they were relevant in today's nfl. I can't blame Canty for leaving. Most anyone reading this blog would have done the same. He definitely went to play with a franchise that is run like a franchise should be.


One that overpays for weak talent and ends up paying them to not be in their team? Weren't you bashing Dallas for that? Haha
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Giants d line is loaded. Linval Joseph is better than Canty. Canty definitely got the better end of the deal. He has a ring and his former teammates wish they were relevant in today's nfl. I can't blame Canty for leaving. Most anyone reading this blog would have done the same. He definitely went to play with a franchise that is run like a franchise should be.


One that overpays for weak talent and ends up paying them to not be in their team? Weren't you bashing Dallas for that? Haha


You mean like the franchise that actually cut guys and move on but the Cowboys don't ? Or do you mean like a franchise that has won a couple of superbowls lately ? Or like the franchise that has never lost in Jerryworld ? Which is it ?

Canty was a solid contributor for a few seasons. He did the right thing for himself. Now the Gmen are doing the right thing by moving on. Does Dallas ever do this ? No. We keep guys and give them bad contracts add to it that the Gmen have enough room under the cap to make these kinds of moves and Dallas is way over the cap. So which franchise would you say is more stable ? Or is it ha ha ?
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24958
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
We keep guys and give them bad contracts add to it that the Gmen have enough room under the cap to make these kinds of moves and Dallas is way over the cap.


The Giants were actually over the cap last year, and needed the additional $ that they got from the Dal/Wash penalty to get under the cap.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
We keep guys and give them bad contracts add to it that the Gmen have enough room under the cap to make these kinds of moves and Dallas is way over the cap.


The Giants were actually over the cap last year, and needed the additional $ that they got from the Dal/Wash penalty to get under the cap.


Yet still they have enough room to cut guys and move on. They are and have been a better run franchise this century.

When I said " the Gmen have enough room under the cap" , I didn't mean they were under the cap in dollars. I was referring to they had enough room under the cap guidelines to make necessary moves. Where as Dallas always seems to have their backs against the wall because of poor contract management. It's always restructuring or an extension for a player who isn't worth the production.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5488
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
We keep guys and give them bad contracts add to it that the Gmen have enough room under the cap to make these kinds of moves and Dallas is way over the cap.


The Giants were actually over the cap last year, and needed the additional $ that they got from the Dal/Wash penalty to get under the cap.


Yet still they have enough room to cut guys and move on. They are and have been a better run franchise this century.

When I said " the Gmen have enough room under the cap" , I didn't mean they were under the cap in dollars. I was referring to they had enough room under the cap guidelines to make necessary moves. Where as Dallas always seems to have their backs against the wall because of poor contract management. It's always restructuring or an extension for a player who isn't worth the production.


I love that we always panic about mediocre players.

Ex) Sensabaugh, Scandrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKDALfan


Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 2439
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahmad Bradshaw will be to expensive I think. Boley wouldn't be to bad a pick up, but I would like to see us wait till the draft since 4-3 OLB's often doesn't get that much attention, and we might find some very good rookies in the 3rd round. Khaseeme Greene, Chase Thomas, Gerald Hodges, Sean Porter, Jelani Jenkins and Arthur Brown is all guys who is projected to go around the 3rd round. All of these guys, I would take a long hard look at in the 3rd round if they were avalible.

I would take a look at Canty, if we decide Hatcher is better at DE or if we find a good trade for Ratliff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group